[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
best site for bullets
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: 20160425_093356.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160425_093356.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
where does /k/ buy their bullets? I'm not talking about the whole cartridge just the bullet.
Any sites that give free shipping? sales on bulk?

specifically I'm looking for .223 Hornady 75g BTHP
>>
>>29738749
>Free shipping
Not when they can only use ground. If you do see free shipping they figured that 10 dollars into the cost of the ammo somewhere.
>>
>>29738827
figured as much. still looking for sites that offer good deals on bulk. midway is pretty hit and miss and I don't know of any other site really.
>>
>>29738897
sgammo is my go-to. They ship fast and are american/family owned if that matters to you. aimsurplus is another great option.
>>
wikiarms
ammoseek
gunbot
>>
>>29738749
Midway, Natchez, Buffalo Arms. Amazon.
>>
>>29738994
good sites for ammo but not bullets. neither one sells .223 bullets. just looking for the bullet not the entire round.
>>
If you're a reloader and don't buy a metric fuckton from Graf's I feel bad for you.

Also if you're looking for oddball pulled self defense bullets, RMR Bullets.

>>29738994
SGAmmo doesn't sell bullets though, they sell loaded ammo.
>>
I usually buy cast/plated bullets, but i also sometimes buy bullets from powder valley, grafs, winders (haven't bought from them since they were bought out), and brownells. I don't know if any of them are the cheapest, since I don't really shop around much.

>>29739077
>SGAmmo doesn't sell bullets though, they sell loaded ammo.
They actually do, occasionally.
>>
>>29739077
>oddball pulled self defense bullets, RMR Bullets.
Why do they sell pulled components and not leave the rounds whole?
>>
>>29740490
pulled components usually come form ammo that is defective or unsafe to shoot or from manufacture fuck up of completed rounds.
>>
>>29740545
Oh, so they just buy Remington off tge shelf and pull it apart?

Is it worth buying?
>>
>>29740592
Only if you need something to break in a upper receiver and don't care on the accuracy.
>>
>>29740616
That bad? I'm honestly sceptical reloaders would bother if the components were garbage. Is it usually significantly cheaper than new brass/bullets?
>>
>>29740490
some surplus ammo cant be sold to non military people, so they break down the components and sell those.
>>
>>29740706
I recently got a 300 blackout upper from PSA.
I was less than happy with the quality of the receiver, BCG, and charging handle.
I knew I should have spent the extra coin and got the Colt BCG from someone else.
However the barrel is top notch in my book, which is the only saving grace that PSA had.

Anyway the only good part about Remington's ammo is that their cases are re-loadable and don't require swaging. BTW, anyone here reload for 300 blackout?
>>
>>29740820
Uh.... what? That has nothing to do with what I was talking about.
>>
>>29741029
Well, you asked if Remington ammo was worth buying, I commented that it was only good enough to break in a new gun, you asked me why any reloader would buy junk ammo in the first place and I gave you a long winded response.

Basically the only good thing about Remington is their casings, especially if you are reloading a hard to find/decent priced round like 300 blackout.
I think if they didn't use such shit powders they would be pretty good.

BTW, what do you reload?
>>
>>29741115
You misread what I said, when >>29740545 said
>usually come form ammo that is defective or unsafe to shoot or from manufacture fuck up of completed rounds.

I made the joke that it sounds just like Remington ammo off the shelf.

I reload. 45 Colt, .38 super, .38/.357, 9x19, soon to start .35Rem and .45acp.
How about yourself?
>>
>>29740820
>dont require swaging
you mean sizing?
In which case no, all cases require some form of sizing after firing.
>>
>>29741155
Oops, I guess I'm more tired than I thought.

So far I'm getting into 300 blackout only. I got a buddy who does 44mag, 357mag, 38spl, 380, 45acp, 9mm, 357sig, 40s&w, 223, just to name all that I know of, he's going to be teaching me how to reload. I did the math and after the first 3,000 rounds I would have saved enough to buy my own reloading station.
>>
>>29741163
>you mean sizing?
Yes, I did mean swaging. Pretty much all the manufactured ammo I already purchased have crimped in primers, especially the M193 and M855 rounds, I even found the crimped primers on 9mm NATO rounds.
All brass needs to be resized, but not all needs to be swaged. Swaging is just one PITA of working with milsurp brass.
>>
Walmart has ammo cheaper than anywhere online. I get Tula 7.62x39 for .25 per round there while other stores have it for .30-.50. Even if you find it for that price online you have to pay shipping and buy 1000 rds.
>>
>>29741205
Don't fall for the single stage to learn on bullshit, you'll take hours to do a range sessions worth of rounds, get fed up, and never use it.

Also, reloading black powder .45 Colt for my 1858 conversion is AWESOME
>>
>>29741582
single stage is fine to learn and and is useful for load development when you bought a progressive for mass production.

What's fucking useless are turrets, since single stage have quick change collects for dies nowadays. Batch loading single stage is faster than doing one at a time on turrets.
>>
>>29741308
>Even if you find it for that price online you have to pay shipping and buy 1000 rds.

I literally get golden tiger for cheaper than what you get off walmart. Better quality too. OP Specifically asked for bullets, not cartridges
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.