[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should former SOF/vets be required to go through State Trooper
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
If you were in SOF and did this shit for years shouldn't you be able to skip State trooper bootcamp requirements?
>>
>>29733737
>TFW no LEO on here
>>
>>29733737

Sure, if you can kill a mudslime you can kill an unarmed nog. Jobs aren't all that different really.
>>
>>29733737
Lol no.

Being in Special forces does not make you necessarily capable of all the tasks and requirements of being a State trooper. It's a different animal my friend.

Everyone needs to be on a level playing field to insure a basic minimum level of knowledge, "SOF" or not.

And I am saying this as a marine who is now a MD state trooper.
>>
>>29733737
No, SOF operations don't deal with the mechanics of a traffic stop, report writing for courts, constitutional issues, court procedures. The two are nothing alike.
>>
>>29733737
no, POST academy is fucking different from being a soldier let alone a fucking special forces soldier, hell even being a MP is different from a peace officer, you might do the same thing in a sense but its a different style of policing. I was a MP in the nasty girls and while I started my patrol officer career after I worked in the jail for 3 years before I turned 21 and I will tel lyou it is night and day.
>>
I think you should have to go. State Troopers don't get the same kind of air support yo.

Jokes aside you need to learn laws, effective policing methods (not soldiering), how to communicate with average people, how to drive a certain way, etc.
>>
>>29733854
>>29733827
>>29733825
>>29733814
Thanks kommandos
>>
>>29733737
Funny story, was in AF basic with a guy that had been an Army Ranger and had done 2 tours in Iraq. If he wasnt pissed doing basic shit over he sure was when he injured his knee and had to wait even longer to get back to training.
>>
>>29733737
oh yeah, when I interview for my next job I'll just tell them "hey I passed the interview for my last job"

fucking retard
>>
Looking inot taking my civil service test. who has the better all around deal as far as training, promotions, pay, opportunity for advancements, ect. State police or a city/town cop?
Im assuming state does but ive heard mixed things
>>
>>29736863
this
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.