[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's a good handgun for a woman? When my sister first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
What's a good handgun for a woman?

When my sister first moved out I gave her my only gun at the time, A kimber .45 ACP. She shot it maybe 4x total at the range and says it hurts her wrist and "it's hard to shoot". Her birthday is next month and I think now it's time to buy her a handgun she feels comfortable with and can carry daily if I can get her to get a CPL. But I don't know what to buy. She's small and weak like most women, what do I buy?

Needs to be simple with no safety for her to leave on and something that can easily be concealed

What would you buy?
>>
>>29724725
Post pics of dat sister so we can advise something....
>>
Whatever full size handgun(assuming purse carry)she can hold and shoot comfortably. Ignore the voice in your head that says oh she's a girl, I should get her a compact or sub compact. Less mass means more felt recoil. Unless she is significantly smaller than the average, the same suggestions that apply for a man as to what handgun you should get, apply to women as well.
>>
>>29724825
>purse

I don't want her carrying in her purse. Have you even seen a woman try to get ANYTHING out of their purse? Its a 10 minute ordeal. I think a IWB holster would be best
>>
>>29724875
My statement still stands. Whatever you would use, get her to try that. If she doesn't like it, have her try comparable pistols until she finds something that A:she likes, and B:is not a piece of shit.
>>
>>29724743
This, tits or gtfo
>>
>>29724725

i don't think they make a spatula that fires bullets
>>
>>29724975
lel

unfortunately women do sometimes leave the kitchen or their homes occasionally and niggers gon nig, So that's why I gave her a gun originally. Because I would honer kill her myself if she got raped by a dindo
>>
See if you can rent other funs at a range or something. The best gun is the one you carry and are comfortable shooting. I'd go for a single stack wonder nine, and in this day and age, you have plenty of options to try from.
>>
>>29725019
What if she wasn't raped?
>Hi DaQuan, welcome to our home for Thanksgiving
>>
>>29724825
What if they take her purse?
>>
>>29725088
You must live in britbongistan. None of that nigger loving goes on where I live
>>
>>29724725
How weaksauce can somebody be if they can't handle .45ACP recoil? Even for a woman that's... wow. Get her a Sig p320c and a workout routine.
>>
>>29724725
Sig P226/P229 Stainless Elite in 9mm
Sigs are softer shooting than many other pistols. Add to that 9mm compared to 45 ACP. Add to that, the heavy stainless steel frame compared to the regular Sig alloy frames and you have one the softest shooting 9mm handguns out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6OWEQ7Hvd4

Downsides are the price, and possibly size/weight
>>
>>29724725
If you're just worried about wrist snap on a full sized frame look into 9mm man. The M&P shield in 9mm, the Springfield XD-9, Glock compacts. There's a myriad of options. Try like >>29725052 said and try some rentals or borrow you buddies guns at the range. You gotta find out what she likes. Think about it as an intellectual investment before a monetary one. Doing the research beforehand might save her life if it's something she can handle and train with.
>>
>>29724725
>bought a kimber

lol fucking retard
>>
File: Kimber is shit.jpg (677 KB, 3000x1989) Image search: [Google]
Kimber is shit.jpg
677 KB, 3000x1989
>>29725830
Forgot my pic
>>
You might try a Sig 938, yes it's a small gun, but it's all metal so it's got some weight to it that helps reduce recoil. My wife got one and loves it. She'll shoot 100+ rounds with it every time we go to the range.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.