[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My grandfather told me he's gonna take some kind of firearms
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
My grandfather told me he's gonna take some kind of firearms training course. His intention is to get a concealed weapon licensed so I'm assuming it's that but he didn't specify.

I'm pretty neutral on personal firearms since I grew up in rural Vermont, where everyone had multiple. Thing is though, my grandfather should not own a gun. He's an alcoholic, PTSD Vietnam vet who believes things are more dangerous than ever because of the news and politics.

He should absolutely not own a gun. Not that it's a reason for or against, but he's also never been robbed or even been in a civilian fight so I don't know why he feels this way. He also thinks the economy is crashing. I asked him "Do you think things are less safe or do you think it's in your head?" and he started talking about how it's you or them. I just don't think a civil war is imminent like he does and only bad shit can come from this.

Will he be turned away? If not, is there anything I can do?
>>
>>29714012
You should listen to grandpa you snowflake fuck.
>>
based grandpa lives through hell on earth and then his faggot teenager grandson wants to ban him from guns.

there's a first for everything. 1984 scares me.
>>
>>29714012
-10/10 bait fagot go back to b
>>
You could stop being such a massive faggot by attempting to infringe upon a veteran's Constitutional rights? He probably didn't have the heart to tell you he needs a gun to kill himself because you are such a disappointing faggot.
>>
>>29714079
>Vietnam
>Hell on Earth
Christ, it wasn't THAT bad, I mean the jungle sucks donkey balls, but fuck, you lost less than 60,000 guys, not exactly Pashcendale tier is it. Not even Napoleonic war tier.
>>
>>29714099
He told me he smoked pot constantly and got ringworm and that was about the worst of it.

Not saying that's the standard experience but thought I'd share.
>>
Just how bad is his PTSD?
>>
>>29714111
Are you OP? Your Gramps got PTSD from ringworm?
>>
>>29714122
He has constant nightmares and like I said, thinks the end is near. He thinks Trump will become president and will ruin America, or at least bring about a 2nd civil war.

>>29714129
No, I was being facetious for comedy. He mentioned one time his base was attacked and the munitions stockpile went off and being shot at, but that's as terrible as he's shared. It's not like I asked him if he's killed people. He probably doesn't even know.
>>
>>29714012
Assuming you're not a little bitch, you actually have good judgement, and your grandpa is in fact delusional and bought into a media craze:

Does he have a history of violence? Is he violent at all? Has he shared any violent thoughts that can't be dismissed as "lol jk"?

If your grandfather is capable of violence with a gun, he's capable of violence without one. That's what you should be worried about. Things aren't rainbows and butterflies because your grandpa is disarmed, and a gun isn't the gateway drug to violence. It's a weapon like his fists, a bowie knife, or his truck. Is he safely wielding those three things right now?
>>
>>29714012
>ITT sheltered white millenial thinks Vietnam vet shouldn't own guns because he doesn't believe bad things happen.
>>
>>29714280
>Is he safely wielding those three things right now?
Yes I'd say so. That puts my mind more at ease, though I still don't think he will should have one because I worry about his judgement. He was physically abusive to my mom years past and is certainly capable of violence, he just hasn't been for a good number of years. Take that for what you will. Everyone is capable of violence but like I said, I don't think he has the mind set for it. I'm not him and could very well be talking out my ass, but these are how things are as I've seen them.

>>29714328
>sheltered
You're a funny guy.
>>
>>29714342
>not sheltered
>thinks that being prepared for violence is unecessary

Funny guy
>>
>>29714369
He plays pickelball on the weekends and lives in a well-to-do suburban town. Not exactly Detroit.

I'm not looking to debate whether people should own protection. I'm asking if him specifically, will be turned away, and if not, if there's a way to convince him not to get something.
>>
>>29714420
>I'm asking if him specifically, will be turned away

If he can act normal in front of strangers, very unlikely.

>and if not, if there's a way to convince him not to get something.

grandpa you're scaring me

Other than that there's no magic words to convince a grown ass man not to do something because you don't like it. On the bright side he did say he was taking a training course. Maybe through his willingness to seek education, he will find out when and when not to shoot someone, and how not to put a hole through his tv or your grandma.
>>
>>29714012
Dude, he's american, he served, he's free to fuck his shit up if he wants to. My dad ate a bullet, i knew he had guns, lol, my mom did too. But living in cettain areas don't mean jack anymore, I've had crazy niggers leaning out of cars beside me screaming and foaming at the mouth. Old ppl are better of armed instead of wrapped up in a blanket.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.