[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Psychology behind finger-blasting our guns?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7
File: ACF1E99.jpg (242 KB, 1083x752) Image search: [Google]
ACF1E99.jpg
242 KB, 1083x752
I've read that other people on /k/ do this, as I do myself.

Why is it when we get a new fun, all we want to do is fiddle with it at home? Even after taking my new Walther out to the range today, I'm sitting here at my desk listening to a few podcasts, and I can't stop fucking with the damn thing.

>Why do we do it with only firearms?
Why is it I can sit here through a movie or podcast and finger fuck my gun the whole way through, but if I get some other thing, example being a new book or something, I'm not fucking with it or flipping the pages of it while doing something else.
>What is the psychology behind this?
>>
Bump, im interested
>>
I think it has to do with the appreciation of the machinery.

Guilty as charged, I get thick sweat marks on my p226's grips and have to clean them out once a week from just touching it
>>
>>29707824
Well a book isn't very tactile. A new gun is an unfamiliar object that you can explore with your hands. It's human nature to investigate items like that, especially that hold significance to us.
>>
>>29707824

I've been finger fucking my AR for days.

It's a great way to learn the function of your weapon. I encourage finger fucking.
>>
comfy feels
>>
>new car
Want to drive it.
>new girl
Want to fuck it.
>new gun
????

Is this really that hard to understand?
>>
File: Yass.png (401 KB, 650x467) Image search: [Google]
Yass.png
401 KB, 650x467
>>29707904
>New Car
I drive it, but I don't sit there and bleed the breaks or rotate the tires while doing menial tasks
>New Girl
I fuck her, but when I'm done I don't sit there and sniff her feet while doing menial tasks.
>New Gun
I shoot it, yet I'm still fucking with then when doing menial tasks.

Come on anon
>>
>>29708054
>not sniffing your new girls feet and then peeing on her door frame to assert dominance over competing mates
It's like you want to get cucked anon
>>
File: 1461378470090.jpg (107 KB, 481x881) Image search: [Google]
1461378470090.jpg
107 KB, 481x881
>>29708084
Having been both a male and a female and combining this knowledge with my weapon expertise, I can confirm the validity of this statement.
>>
>>29707824
>Psychology behind finger-blasting our guns? Anonymous 04/22/16(Fri)22:49:56 No.297

Hold your tits, I'm going to prove you wrong in a gift, JUST as soon as I take a video, transfer it to my computer, and figure out how to make a gif.
>>
File: soon.jpg (14 KB, 400x172) Image search: [Google]
soon.jpg
14 KB, 400x172
>>29707824

As Obi-Wan said: "This weapon is your life."

A warrior is only as good as his weapon, and his weapon is an extension of his body.

I think on a subconscious level we know this, so we seek to handle it as much as possible and hone muscle memory, etc.

And they are just cool as fuck.
>>
>>29708054
>I drive it, but I don't sit there and bleed the breaks or rotate the tires while doing menial tasks

I would if my car could fit on my desk and be fiddled with while wasting time on the internet.
>>
>>29708054
cars don't really fit on your desk very well, and girls aren't quite inanimate objects.
>>
>>29708129
first attempt failed. File too large, I'm onto second attempt.
>>
>>29707824
Sometimes when I watch a Netflix I pretend shoot the screen.
>>
>>29707824
It's not guns, it's anything tactile that clicks.

Like you get a new keyboard and all you do is just type on it to hear the sound, or you spend an hour clicking random shit on an old broken typewriter, or obsessively popping edamame peas, or something.
>>
>>29708222
Your girlfriend isn't.

I'm pretty sure mine hasn't moved from the freezer in a while.
>>
>>29708107
You can't just switch between male and female anon you're born one or the other
>>
>>29708343
I sexually identify as an attack helicopter and your statement is oppressing me
>>
>>29708305
This.

Guns without ammo are just expensive desk toys, akin to those mechanical oddities or desk puzzles that people have. They're fun to play with in your hands, they make noises, they have resistances, weight, and little bits and bobs to move around or examine.

I've disassembled my pistol only to reassemble it, rack it, dry fire it, disassemble, stare at it, etc.

The worst part is though, I feel like I derive only a marginal amount of enjoyment from it, and the rest of the fiddling is almost like an innate primal desire to just pick it up and fuck around with it.
>>
>>29708261
>>29708129
I'm on attempt 4, Need to remove the sound now.
>>
File: question mark (5).png (28 KB, 186x208) Image search: [Google]
question mark (5).png
28 KB, 186x208
>>29708363
>gif
>sound

Why not just use webm for retards it automatically does filesize and sound removal for you
>>
>>29708370
I tried.... :( obviously I'm learning how to do this as we go along. Also I went with WEBM to begin with, and this webm file kept the sound. What is this webm for retards? Is that actually what it's called? (I'm currently downloading VLC to see if that'll do it.)
>>
>>29708394
Yes, that's actually what it's called.

webm for retards.

It's designed specifically to create webms for the purpose of shitposting on 4chan.
>>
File: 1461221260285.jpg (73 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1461221260285.jpg
73 KB, 1280x720
>>29708413

>mfw when I learned something on 4chan today
>>
>>29708413
Can you do me a yuuge solid and tell me a format that will work that doesn't have sound on it? Because I don't want to download all that shit.
>>
File: file.png (22 KB, 1075x475) Image search: [Google]
file.png
22 KB, 1075x475
>>29708497
nigger it's literally 3 files
2 execs and a txt
>>
>go to Cabela's
>buy SD9 because student on a budget
>wear it on a thigh holster everyday at work but boss says "don't fucking shoot anything unless you're in immediate danger because my wife will flip shit" (small farm)
>Every day I practice drawing on imaginary snakes or hogs
>actually I just spend thirty minutes per day fucking off with said pistol and cleaning it after range trips hidden amongst crops
>day finally comes when I find a snake
>practice makes perfect
>radio from other side of the farm "is that crazy ass neighbor shooting along the fence line again?"
>Y-yes
Why do I dream of operating against Mother Nature?
>>
>>29707824
Why are these motherfuckers $700 msrp?
>>
>>29708370
>interrogation
>>
>>29708538
shouldn't it be interrogative?
>>
>>29708538

Some craft yuro managed to get one over on us burger-speakers with a cute meme, that's all there is to it.
>>
>>29708527
>Why do I dream of operating against Mother Nature?

Because you're an asshole with a shitty gun.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.