[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So when are we going to get a modern one of these with miniaturized
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: Gyrojet_Carbine.jpg (23 KB, 795x301) Image search: [Google]
Gyrojet_Carbine.jpg
23 KB, 795x301
So when are we going to get a modern one of these with miniaturized nukes for ammo?
>>
>>29707630

>13mm caliber
>you can't really make a nuke that small
>>
>>29707986
>What is future
>>
>>29708019

>I don't know what critical mass is
>>
>>29708026

you could make a nuke that small if you had antimatter
>>
Just reach Critical density instead with super explosives.
>>
>>29708049

How the fuck do you propose to contain the antimatter in a fucking projectile? The instant it touches matter the entire thing fucking explodes.
>>
>>29708070
We draw blood from OP's mother and coat the inside of the round with it. cause not even anti-matter wants to be near that shit.

And don't worry, the cholesterol will hold it together.
>>
>>29708070

Magnetic containment.

Now you just need to solve the problem of protecting the user...
>>
>>29708070
You make the container out of antimatter!
>>
>>29708247
This anon gets it.
>>
I propose we switch the payload to an interhalogen compound. Like chlorine trifluoride.
>>
>>29708155
and 13mm magnetic containment devices as well as their power supply
>>
>>29708049
Or you could just compress it really, really, tightly, but the force you'd need might actually greater than the power you'd get from the nuke anyway
>>
>>29708026
Okay maybe not a nuke then but as much explosion as we can get in a 13 mm size. Could be pretty deadly on the battlefield but I guess they already got those airburst grenade launchers
>>
>>29708049
>nuke
>antimatter
ok
>>
>>29707630
>>29707630

Obviously the Gyrojet wasn't all that effective, having completely ceased production and all.
But how effective was it actually? The rounds fly around the same speed as a bullet once they've had a chance to pick up speed after leaving the barrel. Being explosive rounds, how big are the explosions?
I've only ever seen one video of someone actually shooting a gyrojet and they're just shooting it into flat targets or dirt so it's really hard to get a clear picture of its effects.
>>
>>29708633
It would probably be beter if it were like a bolter. Fling out the round at ~200 m/s so it has some speed initially.

One of the issues with the gyrojet is that it was both inaccurate at long range (small deviations happen easily as it starts accelerating and completely fucks up any attempt at accuracy) and not very lethal at close range.
>>
>>29707986
>millimeter caliber
Jesus Christ
>>
>>29707630
We already have mini nuke ammo, They just had to change the name to 10mm so it wouldn't be banned as a DD.
>>
File: 1419020911461.jpg (12 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1419020911461.jpg
12 KB, 184x184
>>29709319
>>
>>29708019
>what is physics
>>
>>29708049
>can contain antimatter inside of 13mm projectile
>uses nuclear weapons
seems legit
>>
>>29707630
Maybe 150 years at the earliest and only if technological growth stays expodential.
>>
File: DavyCrockettBomb.jpg (268 KB, 800x640) Image search: [Google]
DavyCrockettBomb.jpg
268 KB, 800x640
>>29707630
We already have the Davy Crockett which was a nuclear recoilless rifle, and recoilless rifles are actually a useful concept, unlike the gyrojet.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.