[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
M1 Carbine Possibility
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: WWII_M1_Carbine.jpg (286 KB, 1728x566) Image search: [Google]
WWII_M1_Carbine.jpg
286 KB, 1728x566
So I have the opportunity to get a carbine, and at a very good price for its condition. Only problem is that I would have to dig into my savings for it, which I don't like doing normally. As a college student, savings is a very important rainy day fund. Still, I have been itching to get one of these for months. Should I pull the trigger, /k? Pic not of the carbine I would get, but related.
>>
>>29597351
prices will only continue to rise. buy low.
>>
>>29597351
How much?
>>
>>29597351
Buy low, sell high motherfucker.
>>
Do it. You won't ever regret it
>>
You're are better off investing in a carbine rather than have money just fester in savings account.

Unless it's a shit deal, of course. Do your research first.
>>
>>29597359
>>29597419
It would be 835, and is in impeccable condition. Recently refurbished, still original reliever and trigger group. New barrel and stock.
>>
>>29597484
Yeah, that's a pretty good price but I'd like to know specifically what was refurbished before committing. Also, do you know who made it? Like what manufacturer?
>>
>>29597529
Underwood receiver, new barrel, new stock, new Springs, new sights, all GI spec.
>>
>>29597651
Well assuming it wasn't done by a total dumb dumb, I'd say go for it.
>>
>>29597484
If you want it, then go ahead, but do consider that you won't be able to instantly off load it for profit compared to an original carbine. Consider why you want it as well? To collect or invest? Then why consider something with replaced parts? No collectible value. To plinking? Then any decent looking bore would suffice, you don't need a new barrel. Or even look for first gen universals that were built off USGI parts. For serious target shooting? Why even consider an m1 carbine? Or if you really want to, why not get a beater to improve yourself and make sure the new barrel is installed properly?

You might think that 835 is a good price for a USGI in any condition, but if you shop around you might find some in similar condition for cheaper (sans the new barrel). I'm sure a few hundred in that particular gun was for the parts and labor to install the new parts anyway.

If 800ish is your price range. Try looking for Howa Thai Police carbines (Japnese made with some parts from USGI M1 and M2). Not many people care about them, as they were modified to comply with AWB during importation and they aren't USGI, but they are well made guns. Their value have gone up pretty through the years, although slowly. They were 500ish 5 years ago. Last I saw one about last year it went for 700ish on GB.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.