[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Inter Ordinance AK's still shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 752x516) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 752x516
I have the chance to buy a late 2015 IO AKM from a close friend but I researched and a lot of people say they are piles of shit ready to detonate. What does /k/ think of Inter Ordinance guns?

Pic not related
>>
>>29584951
probably better than they once were but still shit get a wasr or something.
>>
>>29584951
Their rivets work their way loose and the gun blows up
>>
Have any of you owned one?
>>
They're not as prone to asploding.
But they're still poorly made.
>BARREL AS A BUCKING BAR
>>
>>29585094
Yes but gun blew up. Am dead now.
>>
>>29585126
This. Not worth it.
>>
No they're good now

(Probably only one in thread who owns one)
>>
Save for a little rust in the center post mine is acceptable. It isn't falling apart, and works fine. Still keeping a close fuckin' eye on it though. There are way too many bad stories out there to be coincidence. If you aren't getting a super deal on it I would pass.
>>
>>29585548
For good reason you're the only one. Let me guess
>I-I've "ran" 1000 rounds through it and it hasn't exploded yet
KEK
>>
>>29585548
will the bolt carrier cycle without the rubber buffer on the recoil spring?

most of them will slam the bolt carrier against the rear grunion if you take out the rubber recoil buffer
>>
>>29585661
Not just slam against it, remember they fucking come out of receiver.
>>
Ill take a close look at it later, what are some signs that it's a P.O.S?
>>
>>29585710
Chipping, cracking, rivets separating or deforming, deformation of the bolt, bolt carrier, front trunnion, rear trunnion, and last but not least, it says IO Inc on the side.
>>
IO is a terrible company. Don't fucking support them. A group of people, myself included, were burned by them (specifically, their retial arm, royal tiger) with their bottom of the barrel wz48s.

Now, the condition of these are outside their control since they are surplus, but still false advertisement since they were considered as excellent condition. Their customer service was also fucking terrible. It took weeks to get hold of anyone (did not pick up phone, all published email address no reply), and was only able to get hold of them as someone was able to dig up the email of one specific person. Took a while to get refunded (they wouldn't even give full refunds) with some people never even getting refunds.

I'd never buy anything with their name, either import stamp or manufacture stamp, on it again.
>>
Was doing some more research and they literally can not function without the recoil buffer installed. Are the new ones still like that? That's pretty much a deal breaker for me.
>>
>>29585952
>Are the new ones still like that?
Probably.
>>
This one is 450$ plus 4 mags and surplus wood furniture. Are there any solidly built AKs that can compete with that or should I just wait to buy an arsenal?
>>
>>29586104
>not buying a piece of shit means you have to buy a $1,100+ rifle
Dude, don't even risk the IO Inc rifle. Get a WASR and inspect it. That simple
>>
IO is still shit
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.