[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How will the police/other CCers know YOU'RE not the bad
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: Ivan.jpg (252 KB, 840x1270) Image search: [Google]
Ivan.jpg
252 KB, 840x1270
Like the subject says: In an "active shooter" situation, how would responding police or other concealed carriers differentiate YOU from the actual bad guy?

Say there's an active shooter on a college campus that has 3 buildings. Say you and three other licensed concealed carriers are in building 1 and so is the bad guy. Say you don't know there are 3 other concealed carriers in the building and vice versa.

If you, the concealed carriers and the bad guy are now moving around inside a building, all carrying handguns and scanning for threats, what do you if you see another man carrying a firearm? What do police do if they see you with a gun and shoot you on the basis of a description of the bad guy who looks a lot like you?

>inb4 I wouldn't leave the classroom
>inb4 I wouldn't take out my firearm unless it was for my own defense
>inb4 I put away my firearm if I ever do have to use it
We know these would be the most legally sound decisions to make. However, I really want to see a good counter to the liberal argument of "CCers will just shoot other CCers by accident in an active shooter situation plus police won't be able to tell right away and will shoot anyone who looks like they are holding a gun."
>>
>>29571943
Concealed carry exists for people to defend themselves, not go around thinking they're some kind of deep cover operative hunting terrorists.

If the police are there, it's not your problem anymore. Evacuate as instructed.

The real answer though is that you're trash and need to leave.
>>
>>29571943
Easy, don't be black.
Or if you aren't black don't be the guy wearing the hoodie and sweatpants
>>
>>29572047
>The real answer though is that you're trash and need to leave.
I'm asking a reasonable question, nigger. You do realize not every person with a CC permit is going to have enough self discipline to remain still or hop out a window and run? There are bound to be people who will try to act like a hero. This question addresses that problem.

>>29572093
And what if the shooter looks exactly like the majority demographic at the place he decides to terrorize? Also, have you been to a college? Half the campus is in hoodies and sweats on any given day
>>
>>29572178
This is easy you nigger.

You're highly unlikely to be in a situation where there is a mass shooter and you're activley engaging him at the time police arrive.

One of three things will/should happen before the police get there in the +8 minutes it takes them to respond.

>1. He will be dead because you shot him
If this is the case then you simply re-holster your gun and surrender when the police get there or explain the situation if you have sufficient witnesses. Either way - you shouldn't have your gun out by the time da po po get there.

2. You will be dead or incapacitated
You don't have to worry about this one.

3. You will have run out of ammo

If this is the case, follow the instructions from situation 1.
>>
>>29571943
This video explains your question perfectly

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AldptFMs2AM
>>
>>29571943

Call 911 and let them know where you're holed up, preferably a classroom
>>
>>29572226
>>29572271
>>29572292
Mein niggers. You've told me the correct course of action for an individual to take, that we knew.

This doesn't account for the question I asked in the OP. What about the liberal's argument about folks who don't understand CC is for defense and try to be heros? Is it that libs are right and a major flaw of CC is that some assholes won't understand it's for personal protection and not for "sheepdogging"?
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Here is the air force's response to active shooter excuse the rotation I am on mobile
>>
>>29572396
>Is it that libs are right and a major flaw of CC is that some assholes won't understand it's for personal protection and not for "sheepdogging"?

This is why I am for the requirement of a simple class being taken before you're allowed to carry concealed.

I know I'll get shit for it but the problem is that we have too many retards running around these days thinking that everyone is John Wick and can engage multiple targets while perfectly deploying close combat techniques with fancy gun play.

In most CCW classes I've taken for the different states I've lived in they are basically legal courses that tell you the can'ts and cans of carrying concealed.
>>
>>29571943
if you see the police i would drop the gun. i hope if you draw your CC that anyone else who draws would aslo see the original threat and not focus on you.

i hope someone doesnt try saving the day and go out and look for the bad guy after hearing shots and mistake you for it
>>
>>29572450
>This is why I am for the requirement of a simple class being taken before you're allowed to carry concealed.
I don't necessarily see what's wrong with requiring people to go to a class or classes to learn about their state's law pertaining to CC. You'd hope it'd be free of charge, but that's only a pipe dream.

>>29572543
>i hope if you draw your CC that anyone else who draws would aslo see the original threat and not focus on you.
The chance of good guys watching good guys drawing and all good guys identifying the bad guy at the same time is not possible. So it'd be a never that CCer A would know the difference between CCer B and CCer C ... unless they already had some system going.... "OK in the event of an emergency we all put on these fluorescent caps. Don't forget em at home ;]"
>>
>>29572624
The whole point of our posts though is you should not go hunting for this guy. It's not your job and if you do that the chances of blue on blue action is going to be at or near 100% if there is more than one CCer in the area.

CC licenses are for personal defense only.

The fact that the military, police and private security services all have uniforms is so they don't shoot one another.
>>
>>29572624
the chance that there is even multiple CCers is unlikely. take your emoticons to facebook faggot
>>
>>29572396

you kindly explain to the person positing this ridiculousness that the purpose of concealed carry is not to be a hero and anyone who does it right will not act as they described, end of discussion
>>
>>29572659

What about OCers?

I was in a department store the other day CCing and there were THREE people OCing

I enjoyed it, such freedom

Except the one guy OCing at 6 o'clock with an FNS
>>
>>29572712
Same thing.

Don't go hunting around for bad guys. You'll shoot your eye out kid.
>>
>>29572712
unless the shooter is blocking your only way out you dont need to be hanging around
>>
File: CCWIdentificationBanner[1].jpg (48 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
CCWIdentificationBanner[1].jpg
48 KB, 500x500
Call 911 and tell them your discrption. Hope that they actually relay it to the cops so you don't get shot on sight

Or get one of these dumb things
>>
Easy.

They can think whatever they want, because I'll be gone.

I'm not there to protect anyone. They made their choices. I'm leaving, and if confronted by the threat or I can't escape, then your argument becomes more valid and I'm not really sure.
>>
File: 1430939350323.jpg (57 KB, 393x391) Image search: [Google]
1430939350323.jpg
57 KB, 393x391
>>29572739
>this is actually a thing
>>
>>29572624
>I don't necessarily see what's wrong with requiring people to go to a class or classes to learn about their state's law pertaining to CC. You'd hope it'd be free of charge, but that's only a pipe dream.
potential for government abuse and control, (SHALL etc.) licenses are never an assurance that the person taking a class will not be an idiot, (i.e. drivers licenses) and a few others that escape me at the moment.

i don't necessarily think that classes are a bad thing myself, in fact i am glad i have the option to, but i really don't think they should be mandatory. either you're a moron or you're not.
>>
>>29572450
Seconded.
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 512x384
>>29572739
>mfw I am Spongebob TacticalPants
I AM THE HALL MONITOR
>>
>>29572952
>potential for government abuse and control,
Why can't classes by sanctioned by local authorities?
>>
>>29573359
Local authorities are just as prone to abuse.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Athens_%281946%29
>>
>>29572396
Its a non-issue, not a "major flaw". I'd assume that most people who carry would take a second to think "hmm, this other guy carrying a gun, such as myself, is not killing everyone he comes across, just like me", although I know thats asking a lot from some eople. However, in all the time that concealed carry has been a thing, this has never been a major problem if its happened at all. Why do libs suddenly think people will just start shooting each other as soon as a shot is fired? How do active shooters get taken alive by the cops? Theres obviously some method being used to allow a shooter to surrender. My argument would be that if a guy decided to ignore the entire premise of concealed carry, chase after the shooter, and not make an attempt to surrender when he encounters the cops, he has made a conscious decision to endanger his own life and this decision should not be used to judge other people who carry by.
>>
>>29571943
>If you, the concealed carriers and the bad guy are now moving around inside a building, all carrying handguns and scanning for threats, what do you if you see another man carrying a firearm?
Exert some critical thinking and conclude that since this guy is not killing people at random and is most likely armed with a compact or semi-compact handgun and not a rifle/shotgun/dual handguns/whatever else, he is not the murderer.
> What do police do if they see you with a gun and shoot you on the basis of a description of the bad guy who looks a lot like you?
Well, judging by average police response times, it is very unlikely that they are going to get there before I either get shot or kill the guy (assuming I didn't GTFO in the first place). Before the police get there, my gun will likely be re-holstered. If they do get there while my gun is still unholstered, I'd try to surrender, and it would either work or it wouldn't. Either way, I would have gone out of my way to put myself in the situation, so I'm not entirely sure what the problem is.
In that extremely unlikely hypothetical where everyone suddenly forgets everything they've been taught, then no, there really wouldn't be an effective way to tell people apart aside from what I listed above. Seeing how this has never been a problem before, I don't really see what point they're trying to make.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.