[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Joining the Military
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: profilesmurf.png (19 KB, 163x227) Image search: [Google]
profilesmurf.png
19 KB, 163x227
Hey /k/, I lurk here time to time and I seen people asking this, but should I join the army when I am depressed and just want some meaning in my life? I am currently about to graduate from college (4th year, computer science major) and I lost all my friends do to going to different colleges and some other stupid reason that if someone asks, I can go into the specifics.

I am graduating from an alright college, around 3-4th in state, but I chose not to go to a public school and instead go to a magnet school. Ruined my GPA and graduated with around a 3.2 and SAT score was only 2000. I read alot of books regarding the military (Storm of Steel , War and Peace, Band of Brothers. With the Old Breed, etc) and am currently looking for a reason in life. Should I go to the army? See the world and the other side? I have always been socially awkward.
>>
>>29567136
>join the army
>socially awkward
No.
>>
>>29567136
talk to a recruiter, they'll have all the answers to your questions...although depression is a no go these days
>>
>>29567136
>>>/meg/
>>
>>29567178
talked to a rep. they just want me to go like there is some quota they need to keep. Gave me a card and told me to tell the recruiters that I was sent there by him. His eyes kinda lit up when I told him I was a CS major though. I guess it is rare for people with my major to apply.
>>
>>29567199
Damn, then why do people join the military? I know incompetence runs wild there, but I know people that got out of it alright, although he was just part of a mortar team.
>>
>join the Army
>bcuz depressed
Lol no.
>>
>>29567265
It is more just trying to find a purpose than depression. I am really just trying to get out of depression.
>>
>>29567136
>and I seen

>>
>>29567136
Not a great idea.
>>
>>29567136
OP, if you think the Army will give your life "meaning" then you may as well an hero now. If you are looking simply to escape familiar surroundings and are too incompetent to do that on your own, then sure go sign up for 4+ years of misery.
>>
>>29567168
A perfect fit for the Navy though.
>>
>>29568276
AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.