[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay /k/, Our Glorious Leader in Illinois has graciously granted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: High_Capacity_Rifle_Clip.jpg (110 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
High_Capacity_Rifle_Clip.jpg
110 KB, 1024x768
Okay /k/, Our Glorious Leader in Illinois has graciously granted me the privallage of owning firearms. So I come to you with questions as someone who's never owner a firearm before.
What's a good rifle to learn proper technique with? Something I can go plinking with?
Are Nagants worth it? All the threads about them on here makes me want to get one.
Where would one start building an AR-15? Is there a guide on how to pick parts?
Any other tips for fledging in the world of forearms would be appreciated.
>>
>>29566393
>Are Nagants worth it? All the threads about them on here makes me want to get one.

It's an old bolt action rifle that may or may not shoot well. Don't expect anything more.

I highly suggest just getting an AR15 to start since you live in the USA. 5.56 is absolutely nothing recoil wise so you should not develop a flinch at all.
>>
>>29566432
I know a lot of people build AR-15s, should I just buy one off the shelf to start with?
>>
if you live in chicago then give up desu.

nagants are good, not as cheap as they used to be, but a good starting point and still the best price for rifle&cents per round despite what the memesayers tell you.

ar15's are best started with a lower and a lower parts kit. you can go as cheap as you want on those two because they dont take any of the pressure really. the upper, bolt, and barrel are what matter (and the trigger but that can be a later upgrade).

if youve never shot before start with a 22.
>>
>>29566449
See, you can buy one and swap out the parts as you go along. I won't bullshit you about knowing which manufacturers are best for prices because I don't live in the USA. I can't suggest going to the AR general thread because they're all faggots.

Best case scenario is you get an AR and you love it and it's your new best friend. Worst case is you don't like it and you change the parts you don't like or you sell it to recuperate some of what you paid and get another rifle.
>>
>>29566449
If you just want an AR and don't care about making any customization or upgrades, then buy one. Don't buy one and start replacing shit, because you're just going to waste hundreds of dollars for no reason.
>>
>>29566488
Are there guides for buying a Mosin?
Any specific things I should look for in those AR-15 parts?
I figured I should get a .22, is there any rifle that really stands out in that caliber?
>>
File: IMG_20160131_220946.jpg (225 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160131_220946.jpg
225 KB, 960x720
>>29566393
>are Nagants worth it?
Fuck yeah, fun little plinkers. Just expect the spent shells to have to be hammered out of your cylinder.
>>
>>29566553
>I figured I should get a .22, is there any rifle that really stands out in that caliber?
AR-15 in .223.
>>
>>29566393
>privilege

2a is a right
>>
>>29566393
Ishapore SMLE. It's a .308 caliber rifle with a ten round magazine based on the old Enfield action. Beautifully reliable weapons. I'd recommend the .303 but they're getting harder to feed.

10/22. Easy to use, low recoil, highly modifiable. If you're interested in the whole %80 rifle thing a 10/22's a good place to start.

Mini 14. It gets a lot of shit because muh accuracy, but the damn things are plenty accurate enough for real world use, fairly robust, and easy to keep fed. Check local pawn shops and auctions.

If you want to build an AR check out Brownell's first. I think they have full parts schematics on their site, plus their catalog is just fun. I bought my lower milling jig from Ares, I think. It wasn't cheap, but a good jig will save you a lot of time and money. My uppers usually come from Brownell's or Palmetto State. Try to buy your lower blank pre-finished (bead blasted and coated with cerakote, anodized, parkerized, whatever). It can be a bit of a bitch to have it done after you've milled it.
>>
>>29566553
yes check the sticky
that they look cool and arent broken
ruger 10/22

>>29567393
also this
>>
>>29566393
>What's a good rifle to learn proper technique with? Something I can go plinking with?
any .22 rifle. most here will recommend the marlin 60 or 10/22
>Are Nagants worth it?
not since the price of ammo doubled. youre better off buying a new production .308. itll cost you slightly more up front but itll be better in every way and youll save money in the long run because 54r will be more expensive than .308 for a while.
>Where would one start building an AR-15?
i bought most of my parts through PSA. if youre patient you can build a very quality rifle for pretty damn cheap
>Any other tips for fledging in the world of forearms would be appreciated.
no matter what anyone tells you, dont buy a mini-14/30. also enjoy being broke forever. welcome to the club
>>
>>29567393
Oh trust me I know.
Try telling that Illinois though.
>>
>>29567788
>youll save money in the long run because 54r will be more expensive than .308 for a while.
except that .308 costs more than 54r and unless all eight of the US based manufacturers close down, or the cost of.308 drops, neither of which is likely, then it always will be.
>>
Honestly, depends where you live. I'm also an Illinoisfag, and it sucked starting. Not in cook county, but turns out my town has an "assault weapons ban". Some stores cared, others didn't. I'd recommend either finding one of said stores, and buying an AR, or building one. Hell, even slapping an upper onto a lower would be fine.
>>
>>29566393
Build an AR. You're local gun store might be able to help you with shipping and stuff.
>>
>>29566393
Did you get your FOID card yet? If not you can't get anything, even a gun cleaning mat.
>>
>>29566559
I think he meant the nugget, anon.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.