[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
M1A Owners sound off
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: MP9820_1200x306.png (175 KB, 1200x306) Image search: [Google]
MP9820_1200x306.png
175 KB, 1200x306
How often(how many rounds) would I have to do a complete tear down?
I love the accuracy of the rifle, and it's history, but, I prefer easy tear downs for maintenance(AR-10)
>>
>>29552379

every 1000-ish rounds i do the following
- bore snake barrel
- scrap carbon from gas plug
- clean the piston
- clean the bolt and apply plate on the tracks

i never remove the stock
>>
meme rifle
>>
>>29552461
>plate

*lubriplate grease
>>
>>29552461
Pretty much this, every about 2k rounds I take it out of the stock to check the hammer and what not, found some weird shit in the before.
>>
>>29552482

That isn't a Mosin, poorfag.
>>
>>29553471
It's about as accurate
>>
>>29553525
If you count 3-6 moa extremely accurate, sure
>>
>>29553548
>M1A
>extremely accurate

Lol
>>
>>29553499
Uh.....
>>
My m1a shoots sub moa
Its not even a nm barrel, but I do use reloads.
>>
>>29554293
>1 cherry-picked 3 shot group out of 10 groups

nice try
>>
>>29554293
Don't feed the trolls.
>>
>>29552379
Whenever you want. unless it's bedded NM dont worry about it. I haven't noticed any change in POI after a full tear down, and I don't suck.

To the fuckers questioning the accuracy of a standard, I say fuck you.
with LC 147 grain and iron sights, it will put 10 into a 4 inch group at 100. That is more than good enough for what it is. I am sure with good handloads and an optic it would shrink even more.
>>
Junk and unreliable design.
>>
>>29552379
I think the M1A hate is mostly meme speak I've dealt with several M1As (though I don't own any) and they all seem pretty awesome Ill build my AR before investing in a M1A though
>>
>>29554801
>4 MOA
>people shit on FALs

kekekekek
>>
>>29553779
That's the joke, fag
>>
>>29554806
Pretty the worst ever if you see based ians tests.
>>
The M1A is great for hunting nec/k/beards. All you have to do is wave the gun around and they'll pop right up to tell you how shit your gun is.
>>
>>29552379
we dont talk about the m1a during day/k/are, its out of the budget range for neckbeards on now. i have one and bedded it with jb weld. took it out of the stock twice last year, once at the beginning of hunting season, an d once after. after you break it open once the bedding breaks and you can open it up again and again no problem in POI. i get 1.2-1.5 moa with mine average and i still need upgrades.
>>
>>29559749
Do you prefer the traditional walnut/composite stock or the tacticool pseudo pistol grip?
>>
Why is the M1a a memegun?
>>
>>29560794
Because based Ian and looserounds.
>>
>>29560794
It's a mix of four separate circlejerks.
1. Some people think their shitty defective Springfield that they failed to do any maintenance on can't handle being dragged through the mud as well as an AK therefore it is crap.
2. Some people are salty poorfags that refuse to believe a $1500 battle rifle that isn't a SCAR has to be crap, or they'd feel like rubes for not being able to afford it.
3. High speed low drag mallninja tacticool wankers think anything without a pistol grip is an outdated fudd gun.
4. ARfags are still masturbating over a procurement report from the early 1960s that recommended that the military switch to the M-16. Never mind that the M-14s in question were all on beaten-to-hell old Garand machines with shitty tolerances, aka the exact reason the M-16 was considered an overengineered meme gun back in the day.
>>
>>29561192
Nathaniel F. too.
>>
>>29561195
>designing an open action for loading stripper clips
>when everybody and their mother moved over to closed action and magazines

its just an incredibly silly gun. and not particulary good at anything
its one of the most sexy guns ever, but thats all it has going for it.

its like a hot as fuck stupid ass blonde redneck chick.
>>
>owns M1A
>Calls others poorfags
>Didn't buy LRB, Fulton, or Rockola
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.