[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SHTF thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: SHTF-500x438.jpg (54 KB, 500x438) Image search: [Google]
SHTF-500x438.jpg
54 KB, 500x438
Ok so the last thread is slowing down, and someone wanted a new actually somewhat serious thread so here it is.

Post gear, ideas, books, pdf's, anything that could help fellow preppers.

My question is if i put a wall around my property (around three acres) how tall would you say it would have to be to offer adequate protection while also offering the capability to defend it without going full autist and putting gun loops in the wall.
>>
Army Handbook for Improvised Munitions as well as military issued survival books

/thread

Aside from that, shit like the farmers almanac and a book on basic gardening, farming, butchering and preserving. Old skills like cheese and salami making.

Your fence should be no higher than anyone else's, really.
>>
>>29551918
Where i live we have a variety, from people with white picket fences, to people that look like they are trying to build fort knox 2.0.
>>
>>29551876
If you have the materials I would build it about 10 foot with some type of catwalk. Although making a compound may not look all that good, freaking out the neighbours should make you look like a preppers therefore a target.
>>
File: 1449836775831.jpg (119 KB, 583x433) Image search: [Google]
1449836775831.jpg
119 KB, 583x433
The only reason to put up a tall fence is if you fear dear mashing your garden. If you put a huge garden in it wouldn't be autistic at all to have an 8 foot fence. If youre super concerned about trespassing add barbwire hoops 6 months aftet the installation under the guise deer were still hoping it. Also chainlink with concrete anchorage is the way to go because you can add privacy slats if you like.
>>
My shtf plan is just to hold up in an Applebee's with my gf and my carry gun until everything blows over
>>
>>29551951
That's the point I don't want it to look wierd, I am planning on farming in some of the back and beginning to grow my own food.
>>
>>29551991
What kind of area are you in?
>development
>bumfuck nowhere
>city
>in populated area
>>
File: Ndz5Hkk.jpg (86 KB, 634x804) Image search: [Google]
Ndz5Hkk.jpg
86 KB, 634x804
>>
>>29552058
It's semi rural, like I'm far enough out of the city to have a fair bit of open land and woodland around but there's a small community, mostly slightly richer
>>
>>29552067
>stab to the heart kills in 3 seconds
what a crock of shit. Everyone lives 15-60+ seconds after cutting a major artery. Unless you sever the spinal cord at neck or above, people will live long enough to shoot back at you.
>>
>>29552209
Not including PCP..
>>
>>29552624
PCP adds +3min to minimum health and +15 to STR

those stats I listed are for normal human beans, no activated almonds for lunch.
>>
>>29551876
Instead of a wall, think of a berm. Make it about 6 feet high, and have a 4 foot deep dry moat right in front of it. That way you don't have an ungodly obtrusive wall across your landscape, while at the same time a potential intruder is facing a 10 foot climb. Do a little contouring and landscaping to make it less fortification looking. Figure out the best locations for guard/observation posts and put sangars on top of the berm at those locations. Bushes/shrubbery around the sangars to blend them in.

If you look like a prison or fort, people will figure you're guarding something worthwhile. Which reminds me- the outside of the berm should be planted in roses. That's nature's own razor wire. Don't let them grow on the top of the berm, growing to fill the moat is ok.

Two entrances, both in a S shape or some other configuration that doesn't allow a straight speed run to the interior.

Emergency escape exit- 48" diameter poly culvert section buried in the berm. Both ends are blocked with sandbags, about 2 feet thick. Thin layer of dirt and grass over both ends. Chicken wire or weed fabric under the dirt on the inside. That makes it easier to peel the dirt/grass back. This exit is not common knowledge for the residents of the compound. Immediate family members only.

You could also scatter some mounds throughout the interior to serve as the basis for observation and strong points.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.