[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ninja Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 8
File: Ryu Hayabusa - Ninja thread.jpg (1000 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
Ryu Hayabusa - Ninja thread.jpg
1000 KB, 1280x800
Thinking about ninjas.
How much money would it take to turn SOF into ninjas?

Specifically the fictional interpretation of ninjas.
Like the old guy in the link
www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU5k5eKxgK8

How many decades of R&D would it take to complete deny an enemy of its senses and its ability to protect itself, the same way a fictional ninja could?
>>
>>29549757
Enough.
>>
Also, I want movies like these to come back.
>>
File: 1445966384128.png (265 KB, 1299x1322) Image search: [Google]
1445966384128.png
265 KB, 1299x1322
>How many decades of R&D would it take to complete deny an enemy of its senses and its ability to protect itself

The SAS invented it in the 1970's, it's called a stun grenade.
>>
File: ninja denies you your sight.gif (1 MB, 240x153) Image search: [Google]
ninja denies you your sight.gif
1 MB, 240x153
>>29549770
>SAS invented pyrotechnics in warfare
Look at me, anon. I'm the captain, now.
>>
>>29549757
SOF are basically ninja already.
>>
>>29549864
They are still men. Battlespaces have to be prepared and they still die in unimpressive circumstances.

See the operation that got one of pic related's team mates killed by some Afghan.

They don't yet have total dominance of a combat domain. They just come closer than everyone else.

An operator in the year 2040 should be a borderline ghost, barely leaving a footprint, operating in high population rooms or high visibility areas with no one the wiser.
>>
>>29549908
Modern SOF isn't that much more capable than Vietnam era SOF.
>>
File: Grey_fox.jpg (39 KB, 330x336) Image search: [Google]
Grey_fox.jpg
39 KB, 330x336
You're that ninja
>>
File: It Follows.png (314 KB, 615x425) Image search: [Google]
It Follows.png
314 KB, 615x425
WHAT IF: Thermooptic camo

BUT instead of making you invisible. It makes you look like an unassuming bystander.

Its makes you into the monster from It Follows.

Actually, nevermind. I realized you could do the same thing just by dressing like an old lady. WAIT, what if you trained old ladies?
>>
>>29549757

Fuggin ninjas.
Always Tsun-Tzuin' it up like it ain't no thang.
The only problem I have come across with individual ninjas is pride.
Sounds easy enough to mitigate, but you're also talking about the very necessary integral emotional feedback of acconplishment that drives elninja in the first place.
The duality of man, like patience, is a motherfucker.
>>
File: 0000403_studded-ninja-nunchaku.jpg (89 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
0000403_studded-ninja-nunchaku.jpg
89 KB, 600x600
Equip SOF operators with the proper weapons.
>>
>>29549757
>fictional
Therein lies the problem, son.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.