[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Sig Sauer P320 a decent weapon? What this doesn't have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: P1060328-900x600.jpg (63 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
P1060328-900x600.jpg
63 KB, 900x600
Is Sig Sauer P320 a decent weapon? What this doesn't have that glock does?
>>
That's what i thought. Glock sucks
>>
>>29544107
>What this doesn't have that glock does?

Cheaper mags and a higher quality frame. That being said
>siglite night sights over plastic glock sights
>a way better trigger than a glock
>same exact price

And you can now cue that one retard that moans about high bore axis to pretend like he knows shit.
>>
>>29544107
>What this doesn't have that glock does?
That's not a question, it's a declaration that "This has what the glock does not.

HOWEVER, to answer your sentence, Glocks have a higher volume of readily available aftermarket accessories, as well as a higher saturation of owners. If you're paranoid about the world ending or are gay enough to spend another $2k over the next few years on cool looking stuff for your pistol, then a Glock has it all. But that's about it.
>>
I own p320c and p320 full size 9mm. I owned a glock 34 for idpa and uspsa for about 2 years. P320 feels great in my hands and the fact you can interchange grip mods is bretty kewl. And they're cheaper than glocks. My full size was $489 new.
>>
>>29544159
I've heard somewhere high bore axis is for real man who can actually handle a gun.
>>
>tfw I want one
>tfw live in commiefornia

God dammit, I just want a new pistol
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPF8w6kgGJw
>>
>>29544222
That sucks homie, because i'm buying this one asap
>>
Another thing that doesn't get talked about much (and I think is one of the most important thing about a trigger) is the trigger reset. The glock's is great. It's short and has both a tactile sensation and sharp noise that's easy to hear.
>>
>>29544222
apparently it's not as cracked up as it's supposed to be
>>
File: P320-9mm-framedamage.jpg (75 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
P320-9mm-framedamage.jpg
75 KB, 720x960
Well it's an Exeter SIG, so it's absolute dogshit. You might as well buy a 2022, lol.
>>
>>29544240
As a glock owner, I don't think the reset is great enough to realistically sway an owner from one direction to another. I don't think it should, at least, but I'm a trigger snob. But I may be wrong.
>>
>>29544107
Does it do something new and exciting? So far I see some subjective opinions in this thread about trigger feel. Is it made in as many calibers? How many different sizes does it come in? The pistol is not as tested. The Glock is used by police departments, civilains, militaries all over the world. The 17 is 30 years old now. The glock has countless videos, threads, tutorials. There are so many parts by so many companies, you can build one without using a part from glock. You can buy used ones for as little as 400. (I've done this multiple times.)If you don't want one that's cool, but there's no point pretending the sig is the second coming. That said buy what you want.
>>
File: 20160108_164416.jpg (55 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
20160108_164416.jpg
55 KB, 900x506
I love my Sig 220.

I'm not a Glock hater or think they suck. They're great firearms and I've shot a lot of both. I just enjoy the feel and handling of Sig more.

I'd say get what feels more comfortable to you.
>>
>>29544240

i've had trigger freeze with my stock 3rd gen Glock 17 more than my P320. additionally the takeup is much worse on the Glock 17.

>>29544222

i wouldn't mind selling mine when i'm back on leave in CA so i can get a Target P320.

>>29544258

oh no, you broke a $40 part at a non-essential area. might as well practice stippling on it.

>>29544552

yeah, the serialized trigger module and the grip are two separate components so you can buy a new upper half or an entirely new grip. so you can have one for carry, one for competition...
>>
>>29544107
Everybody is jumping on the polymer framed striker fired handgun train and this is Sig's attempt. Because Glock's design really hasn't significantly changed in the past 30 years, Sig learned from it and made a competitive piece, although there is little to improve on.
Thus:
>Better stock trigger
>if you're left handed this gun is for you
>if you live in a state that starts with "People's Republic of..." this is for you. Four different calibers and sizes on one serialized part.
>priced competitively
>isn't reverse engineered from a brick
>modular with different grips and shit

>>29544552
9mm, .357 SIG, .40 S&W, .45ACP
>>
Just get a FNS9
>>
A guy at work brought one to my range recentlty. It shot and felt a lot better than I expected.
>>
>>29544159
Curious how you figure the Glock has a better frame?
I've owned both guns. I'd say the glock wins big in aftermarket support and it's thinner/smaller. That's it as far as I know.

Better frame? The Sig has a removable action and rail so if the frame gets damaged you can easily replace it at a fraction of the cost, the grip stippling is superior and the grip feels better. All Glock frames are known for is pig nose.
>>
>>29544107

i'm personally really excited for the P320 Target.

5" barrel, sexy redesigned slide, undercut frame, higher backstrap, good sights (I'd probably replace the front with a fiber optic anyway), aggressive grip texture, redesigned trigger, redesigned slide stop - they're literally fixing pretty much everything i didn't like with the P320 full size (which wasn't much, i compete with a stock one).
>>
File: Sig-P320-Target.jpg (65 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
Sig-P320-Target.jpg
65 KB, 960x720
>>29545229

a picture would be helpful.
>>
>>29544107
>what this doesn't have that a glock does?
GLORIOUS 10MM
SIGFAGS BTFO
>>
>>29544258
2022s are nice, I took mine out w/ my friends and we were shooting at 75 yards and the SP2022 was the only one that consistently rung it. Sig guns are really high quality usually. I think the stock barrels are probably better than Glock, and the triggers are definitely better.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.