[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Feral Hog Hunting: Texas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 6940 30.jpg (1 MB, 1700x955) Image search: [Google]
6940 30.jpg
1 MB, 1700x955
So /k/, I'm taking a trip to the European Caliphate this summer with some friends and I need some extra cash to spend on beer while laughing at the circumstances of the average European. I'll be meeting my friends in Texas first before we leave from an international airport.

Recently I had the wacky idea of drifting around Texas and offering my services to ranchers who have an issue with feral hogs. It sounds like a fun way to spend some time, blast some creatures, and maybe even make a little money. So I ask:

>What is the climate like for freelance hog hunters? Does such a thing exist?

>Are there legal barriers to driving around TX with an AR and several thousand rounds, offering to clear out ranchers' property?

>Is there any kind of structure in place for those looking to help cull or eliminate the hogs on their property? Some kind of classifieds or craiglist thing?

>Is anyone willing to pay for this? A quick google shows ranches mainly interested in selling "hunting packages."

School a Yankee the feral hog hunting scene in Texas, /k/.
>>
>>29539221
>participating in animal cruelty
>2016
Here we go again.
>>
>>29539259
Reddit pls.
>>
>>29539259

I'd kill the piglets first so they wouldn't have to see their parents die
>>
Not gonna lie to you Texans don't like Yankees at least the texans you'll be dealing with don't. And unless you have a helicopter the ranchers probably are not interested you, on foot or truck you aren't going to be able to eliminate the same amount as the Helio contractors that are around.
>>
>killing animals for fun
>>
>>29539309
>isn't interested in undue suffering
>must be reddit
kaaaay

>>29539347
>ironically edgy is still edgy
kaaaay
>>
You're a yankee trying to go down to Texas to hunt, for money, without knowing how to bait a group of hogs, and it'll be just you? Noone's paying you shit. You'd be lucky to get one good pig you didn't find on the side of the road.
>>
File: Namibia_13_15_24.png (936 KB, 527x732) Image search: [Google]
Namibia_13_15_24.png
936 KB, 527x732
>>29539416
Keep crying reddit
>>
>>29539361

That's unfortunate. I fucking hate my birthstate, IL.

And no helo either. But I guess that lowers my operating costs overhead.

>>29539416

If you think that's edgy you'd need some pearls to clutch if you heard what I'm going to do with their bodies

>>29539433

That's why I made this thread.
>>
>>29539474
>If you think that's edgy you'd need some pearls to clutch if you heard what I'm going to do with their bodies
We get it, you're young and want attention, you'll be okay lol. I like Shadow too.

>>29539469
*tips* =)
>>
>>29539474
A thread isn't going to teach you how to hunt hogs.
>>
>>29539221
>be Texas rancher/farmer
>hire local group of hog hunters with good reputation to kill hogs off my land
or
>hire some northerner with no support to kill hogs off my land

Dude...
>>
>>29539502

I meant more to hear about the market of hog hunting, more than the hunting it self. I realize that's it own separate issue.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAXIWEgK7Jo
>>
Texan here, most farmers/ranchers have their own guns to take out hogs. I mean, this is Texas we're talking about, we probably have more guns than people. So no OP, unless you happen to have friends, or friends of friends with land, then no one is going to just randomly let you wander around and shoot things. The risk of you accidentally hitting some of their cattle is too high.
also this >>29539361

>>29539259
>>29539416
>>29539494
Hogs are a non-native invasive species that kill more dogs than an ATF agent that noticed a 10lbs discrepancy between the evidence logs and the moonshine stash he found yesterday.
Sometimes the State will even pay you to kill them it gets so bad here. They also destroy crops, scare cattle, damage fences, and run off the more "normal" game, like deer for example.
Oh, and they will attack people as well.

Gas the fuckers then drop napalm on the bodies just for fun.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.