[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I bought a shotgun for Christmas and I haven't fired it,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: wishIhadthisoneIgotthemaverick.png (91 KB, 713x358) Image search: [Google]
wishIhadthisoneIgotthemaverick.png
91 KB, 713x358
I bought a shotgun for Christmas and I haven't fired it, just kept it away for defense.

Do I still need to oil it or will it be okay?
>>
So you got a maverick 88?

Go buy some buckshot or slugs and take it to a range.
>>
It depends on how you store it. If you store it in leather than yes. If it is stored in a proper environment like a climate controlled storage case than no.
>>
>>29524681

>a shotgun for home defence

No offence but did you research anything before you bought it?
>>
File: uraaaa.jpg (370 KB, 2999x2044) Image search: [Google]
uraaaa.jpg
370 KB, 2999x2044
>>29524894
>shotgun
>not good for HD
Not wanting a huge spread down your hallway, not wanting robbers to pee themselves when you rack the slides, not wanting all that extra knockdown power, not wanting to alternate slugs with birdshot for max area of effect with HARD CORE DPS BULLETS

It's like you know I'm full of shit or something.
>>
Lightly oil any metal of any gun being stored, especially if it's parkerized. A thin film is all you need.

Also go shoot your fucking gun, if you need to use it for defense and you've never actually shot it you're going to fuck up hard.
>>
>>29524894
what the fuck else is a scattergat for?
>>
>>29524894
It's a gun. It has the effect of multiple 9mm rounds per shell. If you live in a shit state no one will question you having it and juries won't hold it against you. It is super reliable and less than $300
>>
>>29525045
Actually scattering, which at home defense ranges, doesn't happen.

>>29525085
Fair points, an intermediate cartridge rifle is better for that role in almost every way.
>>
>>29525121
Name a quality, reliable $300 out of the box intermediate caliber rifle
>>
>>29524681
Don't buy a gun and just store it. Go shoot the fuck out of it often as you can at the range and get used to the recoil and practice loading it in the dark incase your home does get visited by basketball Americans.
>>
You probably don't need to be concerned about oiling it unless you're storing it in a high humidity area.

I know you didn't come to /k/ to hear us bitch at you about your shotgun, but you should really go and get some practice with it before you trust it for self defense.

Buy some Federal 00 Buck and practice shooting with it. At the very least, buy some dummy rounds and practice with those.
>>
>>29525148
SKS
>>
>>29525121
>maverick 88-$200
>MUH INNAMEDIATUH RIFFA BEDDER

yeah enjoy blowing $1500 on some faggy AR-15 thats useless for hunting and getting taken by the cops as "evidence" if you ever actually defend yourself.
>>
>>29525221
>trusting your life on a 60 year old gun made by illiterate drunken commy slaves
>>
>>29524894
This guy probably has a nightstand full of H&K USPs, thermal optics and a SCAR 17 propped up next to it. Will die fumbling for magazines in a HD senario.
>>
>>29525221
>current year
>$300 SKS
>>
>>29525226
>le MISSPEL CAPITAL LETERS argument
>inflating the price of an AR by almost 300%
>>
>>29525221
Unless you live in a mcmansion, or have an sbr, I wouldn't use a rifle (ideally). As
>>29525226
Is alluding to, first, the gun will be taken away, and depending on the Township / city, that could be for months or longer. If you're willing to have an expensive weapon be locked up, then use your rifle.

Second, as someone else said, if you do get charged, or need to defend your case to a jury, a basic shotgun or pistol will probably go over better then a scary black rifle. Iirc, there was that cop that got in hot water after a shooting because he had an obscene phrase on his dust cover, that could almost pain him as someone looking to use his gun on someone.
>>
>>29525221
SKS doesn't really count as "out of the box", it's a 60+ year old gun. But yeah I guess that's one rifle

Also this >>29525259
>>
>>29525298
*paint
>>
>buy $800 AR for home defense like /k/ said to do
>post it
>get laughed at for not buying a $180 maverick 88

Fuck you guys, just answer his question. Clearly this is just some normie who doesn't want to get Jamal'd in the middle of the night. You made a fine purchase OP, I'd look up maintenance in the owners manual or maybe a forum that isn't /k/. Google will be much more useful than here.
>>
>>29525298
Given the choice, a shotgun or pistol, imo, would be better
>>
To answer OP, just oil the barrel since you're probably not storing it in ideal conditions and you don't want rust
>>
File: yankee marshall.jpg (366 KB, 1591x891) Image search: [Google]
yankee marshall.jpg
366 KB, 1591x891
>>29525152
>>29525200
>>29525031
Firearm's training is a meme and doesn't mean shit.
>>
File: memeyalater.png (794 KB, 955x927) Image search: [Google]
memeyalater.png
794 KB, 955x927
>>29525392
>>
>>29525250
>muh memes

>>29525259
Yes.

>>29525298
There is no case where someone was charged unfairly due to the rifle being "scary" Text on your dust cover is one thing, use of a perfectly legal rifle is not.

Furthermore, if you don't know how to use a rifle indoors, you should spend more time learning, and less just accepting you MUST have an SBR.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.