[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Buying first Firearm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5
File: Glock17.jpg (62 KB, 649x472) Image search: [Google]
Glock17.jpg
62 KB, 649x472
I am looking in to buying my first handgun, I was thinking 1911, or glock 17/19 what are your thoughts.
>>
>>29524274
I think you should do it.
>>
by this I mean do you think these are good first handguns or do you have other recommendations.
>>
>>29524274

Buy a Sig Legion. After all, the motto of 4chan is "we are legion"
>>
Start with the Glock - it's simpler and you won't give a shit if gets scratched all to hell from carry or general life. THEN get a 1911 when you can, sell the Glock if you want.
"In JMB we trust."
>>
>>29524298
They are and will be the standard first gun buy for the foreseeable future. Go for it.
>>
>>29524274
Get a 9mm. First gun you'll want to shoot often and it's cheaper. Look at ammo prices, 45 acp will cost more every trip to the range. Also something with less recoil will allow you to learn basics and develop accuracy.

Ignore the Caracal in the pic. Do you want something with a safety? Do you want one consistent trigger pull or DA/SA? is this going to be strictly range/home defense or interested in carrying?
>>
File: traditions_kentucky_rifle_kit.png (145 KB, 1023x345) Image search: [Google]
traditions_kentucky_rifle_kit.png
145 KB, 1023x345
>>29524274
Be sure to check http://www.hinterlandoutfitters.com/ first; some of the best prices I've ever found were here.

I'm thinking of buying pic related myself and maybe doing some burning patterns to make it a truly custom piece.
>>
File: traditions_kentucky_pistol_kit.png (131 KB, 1028x340) Image search: [Google]
traditions_kentucky_pistol_kit.png
131 KB, 1028x340
>>29524669
Whoopsie, I meant to post the pistol and not the rifle.
>>
>>29524274
Also look in to the S&W SD9VE or SD40VE. Pretty much a dank glock clone thats a bit smaller and cheaper, but have great reviews. Im currently looking at G17s or the SDs, but what I really want is a glock 34. Its essentially a 17 lower with a longer slide and barrel for a better sight radius.
>>
>>29524687
>SD
>spongey 8lb trigger
Honestly it's shit without upgrades. It feels like shit in the hand. Save up for a Glock or an SR9 or even an older Ruger P series. Everything on the SD feels cheap, slide catch and mag release are both awkward to engage. And the fucky trigger is just shit/10
>>
Not OP but I can't decide between a .357 revolver and a glock 19 atm.

I've shot glocks and revolvers back when I was a kid. Not recently though. I already have a 1911 for HD and target shooting.

I feel like the revolver will be more fun to shoot, but the glock would be the perfect carry/HD gun if i decide to go the ccw route.

not sure what to do.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.