[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My Dewey rod's nylon coating shredded and filled my gun
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: logo-300x83.png (12 KB, 300x83) Image search: [Google]
logo-300x83.png
12 KB, 300x83
My Dewey rod's nylon coating shredded and filled my gun with tiny nylon shreds. I've already ordered a new rod. How do I get all the nylon out?
>>
Shoot it out? It's just nylon
>>
>>29517352
Damn sorry to hear, my Tipton seems to be holding up hopefully I don't have the same luck, as for the nylon I'd just brush it all out
>>
You can use water and then clean, dry, and re-oil.

But >>29517361 is more fun
>>
>>29517352
Bad Dragon Brand Cum Lube^TM
>>
Why do you fags even use such special snowflake cleaning rods with such special snowflake problems?

> Muh rifling
Bro, bullets through that barrel at 1800+ FPS while it's hundreds of degrees hot without hurting it.

A cheap as fuck metal or wood cleaning rod is better and cheap as fuck. Like come on.
>>
>>29517361
Wouldn't nylon melting inside my bore cause all kinds of problems?

>>29517367
The nylon is all in the receiver. You can't just brush it out.

>>29517395
I have no problem with metal rods. I just wanted a one-piece rod so I wouldn't have to deal with it getting unscrewed.
>>
>>29517418
>The nylon is all in the receiver. You can't just brush it out.

Strip it thoroughly, use water if you have to to wash the shit away, and re-oil / lube thoroughly.

What gun?
>>
>>29517418
Naw man. It's a fucking gun not a Swiss watch. Just shoot it, strip it, and clean it.
>>
>>29517458
Tikka T3
>>
>>29517418
Do you not know how to detail strip your gun? Tikkas aren't rocket surgery to strip and there's plenty of vids. Just do it somewhere runaway screws will be easily found. I just Locktite my segmented rods together, though I have been sing the same cheapo rod that I got as a bundle with my Cz so your mileage may vary.
>>
>>29517545
Yes, I know how to take a gun apart, but tiny pieces of nylon are in the receiver, in the locking lugs, and I assume in the chamber. The only way to reach in there would be to take the barrel off.
>>
>>29517614
Just run your shower on hot, rinse it with some soap to break up the grease holding on to the nylon, then quickly dry and grease it.

Like the other anon said, it's a gun, not a watch.
>>
>>29517352
Were you not using a bore guide?

I dont understand how you striped the nylon off
>>
I would take it out of the stock and spray it down with non chlorinated brake cleaner and then use a bore mop and soft pick or qtip to remove the waste.

But as stated above how did you do this? Were you rubbing it like you were trying to start a fire? Not usong a bore guide? The rod should glide through the barrel, it should bind or bend and the rod should never touch the rifling at all.
>>
>>29519365
It should* NOT bind or bend
>>
Steel wool
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.