[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Buy first gun or guitar.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: 216965.jpg (664 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
216965.jpg
664 KB, 1920x1200
Now listen to me /k/, I'm asking you because I feel like the pussies on /mu/ would all just say to get the guitar because half of them are liberal as fuck.

The reason this is even a thing is because back home, we have like three .22 rifles we inherited, but my dad doesn't really shoot guns. So I could buy a guitar, and then just take one of the .22s as my own. Or I could buy a Ruger 10/22, and also a guitar.
>>
why not buy a larger caliber rifle
take a 22
then wait a bit and buy a nice guitar.
win, win, win
>>
>>29508496
do you already have a guitar?
if yes:
>good, you have one, now fucking buy a real gun

speaking as a guy with 7 guitars;
you only need one
>>
Guns could get banned

Guitars never will
>>
Buy a gun and use it to steal a guitar.
>>
>>29508540
This. I make my own and have at least 4 unfinished projects laying around. Also, don't get the ruger if you can just grab an heirloom.
>>
>>29508550
>Guns could get banned
>Guitars never will
This
>>29508572
Don't do this
>>
>>29508496
Buy a cheap guitar and a cheap gun. Or better yet, buy an old Strat at a pawn shop, then get a stripped AR lower for $60. Play the guitar while you build your AR paycheck to paycheck.
>>
>>29508527
This desu senpai
>>
Get a gun. Both can get you laid, but the girls who will fuck you after you take them shooting are girls worth keeping around.
>>
Get a gun

Guns can get banned by the government, guitars can't.

t. someone who has been playing guitar for nearly fifteen years
>>
>>29508496
whay type of guitar you thinking about buying OP?
>>
i guess i'm the minority on mu because i love guns but take an heirloom if you can, if i could have an inherited gun that was not terrible i'd take it in an instant. you can buy a guitar any fuckin time
>>
>>29508496
Buy the guitar and take the .22's.
You stated they were inherited and your dad doesn't shoot. By the sound of that, they were his father's.
Buy the guitar, take the inherited guns and learn to shoot. Have it be the bonding at the range you never got with your grandfather.
Make it up to him and inherit the guns, and care for them.
>>
Inherit gun. Learn on it. Buy guitar, learn on that. Upgrade to additional gun later on if you want to.

Also if you're wondering, most old-school .22 rifles are way better built than a modern 10/22. The inherited gun would probably be very good. Show us pics of your options and we can help you pick one of the 4 out.
>>
if you had no guns id say get a gun but if you already got one ore access to one get the guitar
youd probably get more practice out of it
>>
>>29508496

just get a $100 guitar. do it!
>>
>>29509357
under $400 for an acoustic or $700 for an electric and you're getting walmart tier garbage.
>>
>pussies on /mu/ would all just say to get the guitar because half of them are liberal as fuck.

It seems like your mind is pretty much made up, but you'll get way more use out of a guitar than you will a gun. Ammo isn't cheap and the likelihood of you having to use it (depending on the state and area you live in) are probably much lower in comparison to the chances of you being in a spot where your guitar skills will come in handy.

And let's be honest, no local militia is going to do shit to overthrow the state anytime soon, nor will there be any rampant anarchy within our lifetime (if you live in the US), so you're looking alright there.

But, you could be one of those faggots that gets more satisfaction in knowing he owns a dangerous configuration of scrap metal than any kind of talent; In which case, go with your gut.
>>
>>29508496
>Or I could buy a Ruger 10/22, and also a guitar, and grab one of Dad's .22's, or two of them if I was casually sneaky and stole the second one about a year later

Fixed that for ya.

Welcome to /k/. Stay. You'll like it here.
>>
Don't do any of this op
>>29509427
>>
Buy the guitar, shoot the inherited .22 until you get the basics down, Busk with the guitar for side money to get a larger caliber rifle.

Pogrom solved
>>
>>29508496
>guitar
What are you a hippie?
>>
Which one will get you more pussy? Answer is guitar.
>>
unless your current guitar is floyd rosed and you want to play in different tunings you don't need severals.
take a 22 from your father, get another gun you want. a nice bolt action , a sks, a cool lever action , anything you want to shoot. and don't worry. you'll be able to buy another guitar later. or another gun.
>>
Ausfag here; also a fellow guitarist (well, used to be)

Buy a gun, because you can go into town and buy a guitar whenever you want; forever

In thirty years, that might not be the same deal with a .22
>>
Buy a pistol or shotgun. Take a .22.

Buy a guitar later.

That way if you get robbed you can keep your life and your guitar!

Win, win!
>>
>>29508496
You can take your guitar out in public and wave it around. So yeah, get the guitar.
>>
>>29509427
Nonsense.

If you ever need the gun, it will be to late to get one. Hopefully you never will, but better safe than sorry.

Looking at the world thru rose colored glasses is fine. Just remember, it's better to prepare for the worst than to just hope for the best.
>>
>>29509381
It's been a while since I was in the market, but I think you can get a decent electric for cheaper than a decent acoustic, although the amp adds money of course. I got a used Epiphone Les Paul for $300, and the same place had refurbished Danelectros and such--which aren't exactly Cadillac quality, sure, but I wouldn't call them Walmart tier garbage either--for like $180.

>>29509427
Why are you on /k/?
>>
>>29510827
eh, maybe its because ive been playing for so long but i wouldnt buy an ep or danelectro

I only really like US made stuff with exceptions for texmex or jap fenders and the occasional martin backpacker.
>>
>>29508496
If you want a guitar never buy a new one, because there are millions of failed bands and musicians that end up sending their stuff to pawn shops.
>>
>>29508496

guitars are for faggots.

Buy sks, learn harmonica.

solved.
>>
>>29508540
Guitars are like guns... sure, maybe you only need one...
>>
>>29508496
Learn piano. Makes bitches moist, and you're not playing a pleb instrument either.
>>
>>29508496
Shooting costs a lot. It will probably be easier for you to save for a gun once you have a guitar.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.