[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>try to buy gun at walmart because the price is low af >complete
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
>try to buy gun at walmart because the price is low af
>complete background check, purchase gets delayed for up to 30 days

support your local gun shop.
>>
> black kid shooting white women
blacked.com
>>
What the fuck is a 'complete background check'?
>>
Wtf r u talking about. Fbi has 3 days to say no
>>
>>29506385
verb

finish making or doing.

"he completed his Ph.D. in 1983"

synonyms:finished,ended,concluded,completed,finalized;
>>
>>29506385
Scary language for standard firearm background check.
>>
>>29506407

wally world does not follow this rule.
>>
>purchase gets delayed for up to 30 days

It's only 10 days.

source: I live in Modesto and began the process for buying another AR yesterday.
>>
for those that are unaware, in calfiornia you have to wait 10 days to pick up your gun. OP is being a shittier and trying to claim it's 30 days

don't let it happen to your state
>>
>>29506410

So you're saying the standard FBI background check took 30 days to complete? Unfortunately that's wrong, because the law says otherwise. Cool story bro.
>>
>>29506439
Laws vary from state to state. In California, the waiting period is 10 days, at the end of which if California DOJ approves, you can pick up your gun. However, 10 days might not be long enough for DOJ to determine if you are legally able to own a gun. The check could come back Undetermined or Delayed, requiring a wait longer than the 10 days.
>>
>>29506367
since we've established that OP is shit at story telling and greentexting, how about we ask him what he meant....

OP, please further explain in a nonretarded manner exactly what happened...

or fuck off
>>
>>29506607

this is OP

i went to walmart and was buying a gun because they had the lowest price in town. i went through the background check and got delayed, and the clerk said it could take up to 30 days because of their policies on selling firearms.
>>
>>29506367
I already do. walmart will cave to the anti gunners long before your local FFL will.
>>
HOLY SHITQ

day/k/are!
go to bed kids
>>
>>29506407
>>29506439
>>29506454
>>29506607

Where the fuck does OP ever suggest that he is in California.

Where does OP say anything about a waiting period?

Jesus fuck28 Code of Federal Regulation Part 25—The National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS)

Section 25.6(c)(1)(iv)(B)—Delayed response provided to FFL:

(B) “Delayed” response, if the NICS search finds a record that requires more research to determine whether the prospective transferee is disqualified from possessing a firearm by federal or state law. A “Delayed” response to the FFL indicates that the firearm transfer should not proceed pending receipt of a follow-up “Proceed” response from the NICS or the expiration of three business days (exclusive of the day on which the query is made), whichever occurs first. (Example: An FFL requests a NICS check on a prospective firearm transferee at 9:00 a.m. on Friday and shortly thereafter receives a “Delayed” response from the NICS. If state offices in the state in which the FFL is located are closed on Saturday and Sunday and open the following Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, and the NICS has not yet responded with a “Proceed” or “Denied” response, the FFL may transfer the firearm at 12:01 a.m. Thursday.) you morons.

He is talking about a form 4473 NICS background check coming back as delayed/
>>
>>29506367
Sounds like the FBI's fault. Not Wal-Mart's.
>>
>>29506407
No, after the 3 days, it is the FFL's discretion.
>>
>>29506954
the "3 days" referred to above is for the 4473. if the ffl gets a "delay" response from the NICS and doesnt hear back for 3 days, the ffl can proceed with the transfer.
>>
>>29507434
my bad, quoted wrong person
>>
>>29506367
>purchase gets delayed for up to 30 days
After 3 days it's seller discretion.
>>
>>29506702
the clerk is a moron

go talk to the manager
>>
>>29509119
The manager will say the same thing because it is the FFL's discretion.
>>
>>29506954
And Walmart doesn't even sell firearms in California.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.