[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Explain /k/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: 1459878507439.jpg (963 KB, 1405x2227) Image search: [Google]
1459878507439.jpg
963 KB, 1405x2227
Why is such a shit gun the standard on the police force?
>>
Because muh glawk fortay
>>
>>29502815
How is it shit you fucking mental midget?

Its incredibly reliable and the standard by which all other handguns are judged and one of the reasons its so widely used by police and now special forces and militaries.
>>
with the exception of the early 40 cal glocks, they are fine. lots of people blow up their glocks with shit ammo or over pressured loads, hence the glock grenade maymay.
>>
except glawks are the worst police weapon ever
>Cops ND due to no safety and relatively light trigger pull but cops can more or less hit shit
>cops get sued due to cops NDing
>Cops suddenly get heavier and heavier triggers to combat the retards love for NDs
>cops now cant hit shit and are more likely to bystanders on accident
>>
>>29503357
This. Incredibly reliable grenade
>>
>>29502815
Because lobbying and cheap as fuck

On a serious note police departments buy them because glawk replaces parts for free for them. The reason sig lost many leo contracts and glawk took over is because sig was jewing them on replacement parts and glawk is cheaper than sig.

tl;dr
cheap
great customer service
just werk
leo discounts
>>
Because when you only get info off a malayasian ground painting board, all you get are some legitimate info, memes, parroting, nogun talk, and shitposts.
As compared to browsing many other places and realizing there contexts to some of the memes posted here and what posts are just mindless parroting of information.
>>
I've been on 6 deployments, I have nearly 3 years foreign service, all combat, and I've fired 10s of thousands of rounds through Glocks, and seen 10 times that much fired around me. Never once seen a Glock malfunction due to a failure of the weapon itself.

But you /k/ faggots need something to post about, so why not pick "X" gun and call it shit.

>before you say not true, you are a worthless nobody faggot.
>>
Price and Marketing. They're very aggressively priced for departments.

Also it's easy to department armorers to install huge trigger pull weights in a very standardized manner.

Lastly, in PA, it gave state troopers a way to shoot people in the head and claim they were cleaning their weapon and it was all a tragic accident. This is why the PSP has now switched to SIG.
>>
File: glocks.gif (1 MB, 419x286) Image search: [Google]
glocks.gif
1 MB, 419x286
these things are shit and i can prove it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIvcYiZL2Cs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=et4ZqCsFTbU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt3vyK9ld_c
>>
>>29506102

>firing tens of thousands of pistol rounds while on deployment

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Nice try, yuro!
>>
Nice thread of shitpost with no facts I own a sig and cz and glock are just fine
>>
>>29502815

>Why is such a shit gun the standard on the police force?

Cheap-ish.
Just under $400.

Free replacement parts.

Marketing

Bandwagoning

Shills

The shills are the worst part, imo

Take Buck Angel for example.
For years he kept saying "omg glocks the best! 1911s suck, get a glock!"
Then he did endurance tests for both of them, the 1911 beat the Glock, and yet he still mindlessly shills for glock
>>
>>29502815
because poorfags latch onto anything they can afford at the high-end as the be all to end all greatest thing in the world.

glock is a gun that is attributed to the most NDs and accidental deaths than the other firearm and retards continue to tell new shooters to get a glock as a first gun/first ccw gun

there is nothing worse than a glock fanboy other than probably shooting your own ballsack
>>
>>29506519
this
>>
>>29506411

The only thing that is shit is the fact that some poor person has to foot the bill for your degenerate exploits
>>
>>29506102
blaha plz go
>>
File: 2016-04-02 10.33.58.jpg (882 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-02 10.33.58.jpg
882 KB, 3264x2448
>>29506564
those poor trailer park people who order next day air amazon stuff are the best

desu the brown short shorts are the best part
>>
>>29502815
It's the only gun you need.
>>29506519
>manual safeties keep away NDs
being retarded and negligent is the sole cause of negligent discharges
>>
>>29506102
This is also corraborated by my experience as delaware SWAT/SORT

Never had a glock fail

never seen a failure that was not user error.
>>
Literally every single case of a Glock breaking is due to off brand replacement parts/upgrades, mistreatment, and/or really retarded reloads.

The only exception to this is the Glock 42, which is a complete piece of shit and I fully expect them to discontinue by the end of next year because that gun is defective by design.
>>
>>29506800
The G42 design was rushed through and not well thought out or tested as rigorously as previous model of Glock

There was alot of demand for it and they rushed through the process
>>
As someone who owns lots of guns there is a lot to be said for glocks. They have a well deserved reputation for reliability. They are very middle of the road in most respects. Only noguns faggots or inexperienced shooters would bother talking shit about glocks.
>>
>>29506928
>>29506813
>>29506800
>>29506800

It's nice to see people who have actually shot and owned guns before post in a thread.

I've owned both a Sig and a Glock. The Sig is a great gun but it wears out parts faster and need to be re-coated after a year or so of hard shooting. My 17/19 and other 17 has never had that issue. Sigs cost more, typically are harder to learn on, have "hidden" safety features and Joe Cop is retarded.

Sorry Sig fags, it's not just LEOs anymore...

http://loadoutroom.com/17950/naval-special-warfare-selects-the-glock-19/

>>29506030

I'll get tissues.
>>
>>29507281

> inb4 "YOU'VE NEVER OWNED A SIG"

Just because I love one systems doesn't mean I can't love another.

1911s
Glocks
Sigs
HK
CZ
and who gives a shit about the rest?
>>
>>29507281
This.

glocks are not special snowflake enough for many on here but they just work and thats good enough for many who use their weapons

Glock 19 and Sig P229 and HK USP are some of the best weapons ever made btw
>>
>>29504662
Came here to post this.
>>
>>29506813

I bought it when it first came out and before the 43 was announced.

Sent it back to Glock 3 times

First time it wouldn't fire anything without a stovepipe

Second time it wouldn't fire cheap ammo or anything that wasn't Federal

Third time it wouldn't fire truncated ammo like winchester white box.

It doesn't help that it's also basically the same size at the Glock 43, which only different from the 26 in width. There's no place you can go that you can take a 42 that you also can't take a 43, and if I'm gonna get a 43 over a 26, then I'm gonna pay ~$200 less and get a Shield, which is the same size.

Zero fucking effort went into this gun during the development of it
>>
>>29504662
Thats not a glock exclusive issue though?

And glocks have plenty of safeties. Stop blaming poor training on the weapons themselves.

I am a cop btw and Glocks are fucking amazing
>>
>>29507383
This is a case of rushing through R&D in an attempt to meet a demand and immediately cash out.

Many people ordered these weapons and later had massive issues like you said. This is similiar to my experience with the ACR where the demand was high and it was hyped in all new media, bushmaster quickly mocked up a shittier version of what remington defense had made in order to meet the demand and cash out so to speak
>>
>>29504662

And what gun would stop the Cops from having so many NDs?

The police miss roughly 70-80% of shots fired during a shooting
>>
File: lead_large.png (248 KB, 615x447) Image search: [Google]
lead_large.png
248 KB, 615x447
>>29507465
but you miss 100% of the shots you don't take
>>
File: me.jpg (129 KB, 823x823) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
129 KB, 823x823
>>29507465
Holy shit that's hilarious. Do you have proof of that? I'm gonna use it in my research paper
>>
>>29502815
So simple even a cop can use it.

That's why
>>
>>29506762
>Delaware SWAT/SORT
Goddamnit, you are one of the 3 Delaware guys that posts but refuses to do shit with anyone, aren't you
>>
>>29506725
Yeah? They do. Statistics prove no safety causes fuckloads of NDs.

Want to know what is also extremely surprising to dimwitted Glock owners? You can just not use the fucking safety on the non-Glock. Mind = fucking blown.
>>
>>29507465

Go back to revolvers to discourage spray n pray
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.