[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First handgun, pistol permits and EDC
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: over the top EDC.jpg (138 KB, 640x530) Image search: [Google]
over the top EDC.jpg
138 KB, 640x530
Hey /k/,

I just turned 21 in New York, in Erie county. I'm looking to apply for my pistol permit (and hopefully soon after that, my CCP) and purchase my first pistol.

My question to you guys is, what do you find is a good CC pistol for a guy about 6' 0" with medium-large hands? Do you prefer any particular style, or caliber? What are some good pistols for CC, and for getting into handling semi-auto pistols? On the application for my county, it says that if I am approved, that I need to purchase a pistol. Should I wait to apply until I have enough money to purchase a good pistol?
>>
How fat are you?
This is relevant.
>>
>>29502068

I'm just about 220 lbs, a bit chubby but nothing ridiculous. Trying to muscle up a bit but for now, assume about a 36 inch waist.
>>
>>29502058
>what is a good CC pistol
that depends more on how you dress than how tall you are or how big your hands are.
do you want to carry in your pocket, inside or outside the waistband, in a shoulder rig, ankle, or something else?
>>
>>29502058
If you can try a variety of pistols, there is no one best for everyone, w/e fits your hand, budget, and that you can fire quickly and accurately is the best for you.
>>
>>29502091

I normally dress in thicker clothing; I wear jeans, boots/sneakers, a T-shirt/flannel, with a decent belt.

What are the advantages of the different positions for CC?

I was thinking of picking up something cheap, >400 usd for my first pistol, and then work from there. Do you think double stacked mags would be too bulky? What are some good single stacked pistols for belt-level CC?
>>
Either an M&P Shield or a Glock 26, depending on how thick you want it.

You can't go wrong with either of those as a first CC gun. I'd probably start out with the Shield and if you want something bigger move up to either a Glock 26 or 19.
>>
>>29502183
>advantages of the different positions for CC?

>pocket carry
+quick and easy to put on
+don't need different pants, belt, or jacket
+fits all wardrobe
-only works for subcompact guns which are generally weaker, have minimalist grips, less accurate on account of the sight radius, and snappier recoiling
>OWB
+very comfortable
+quick to draw
+can carry larger pistols
-needs an untucked shirt or jacket to cover it
>IWB
+can conceal with a tucked shirt
-may need larger pant/belt size
-not quite as comfortable as OWB
-harder to do with larger handguns
>shoulder rig
+can conceal the largest handguns
+quick and easy to put on and take off
+the fastest and easiest to draw sitting down
-needs a jacket to conceal
>>
>>29502183
Don't be a snowflake, carry IWB like everyone else. Double stack works if it is a subcompact, such as a Glock 26. A full size double stack will be too big unless you wear very loose clothing, which I am assuming you don't. I would rec a commander or officer length 1911, RIA or the other Filipinos are in your price range. XDS is also in your price range if you want to go smaller/lighter.
>>
Pro tip. Just apply for the CCP to begin with, they will make it substantially harder to get a CCP if they think you only want it for owning and range use.
Source: former sheriffs deputy
>>
>>29502412
So tell me man, how corrupt are officers really?
>>
>>29502412

What reasons have you found have been approved for the most? Ex "I drive a delivery truck and I am a target for theft" or "home defense and hunting purposes"

I assume writing down "Shall not be infringed" isn't the best reason to request a permit.
>>
>>29502412
>>29503086

also, how would I appy for CCP before having a pistol permit? Are they the same form? I didn't see a different form on the Erie County website.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.