[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Good YT channels gone bad.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 11
MAC's shilling has gotten worse and worse over the last few years, but whats more notable is how assblasted he gets when commenters call him on his shit. Pretty thin skin for a muhreen.

What other YT channels have gone downhill?
>>
>>29500230
this isn't weapons
>>
are you really so bitter he blew you the fuck out that you've run off to /k/ for a pity fuck?
>>
>>29500238

Except it is

>>29500240

I'm not that poster
>>
Century Arms is a better use of money than some POS Mosin.
There, I said it. Happy?
>>
There's nothing wrong with the C39V2.

There IS plenty of things wrong with the RAS47.
>>
>>29500230
Well the rumor is that Century seems to be getting its shit together here recently.
>>
Hey Hickok Fohty Fahv here. Thanks to Buds Gun Shop, Federal ammunition, and SDI, an accredited long distance gunsmithing school. They accept GI bill. Life is good...
>>
>>29501168
I still like him.
>>
>>29500230
to be fair, having retards calling you a shill everyday gets annoying.
>>
>>29501168
I have a great idea! Why don't you pay for the guns and ammo he shoots, anon?
That would be great for everyone. Right?
>>
I liked MAC because of his reviews on products I can actually buy. I haven't seen his videos in awhile now actually. Ever since he was showing off his $10k SCAR
>>
>>29501277

thats the thing tho, he doesnt review much under 5k anymore.

>hey guys check out this SBR thompson replica
>>
>>29501238
He should stop being such a fuckin shill then.
>>
>>29501168
>10 seconds to name sponsors
>20-40 minutes of shooting and review
Sounds like a good ratio to me.
>>
>>29501790

This

>>29502065

Also this. If federal and buds were giving you loads of ammo and guns you'd be thrilled to be their bitch. At least he's relatively unbiased still.

MAC on ammo

>MAN THIS ZQI IS SOME TOP NOTCH STUFF, REALLY HOT STUFF, FUCK YEAH I LOVE TURKEY

Hickok

>thanks for the ammo federal, well anyways back to the gun
>>
>>29501277
>>29501557
how can one be a shill for shit that people cant buy?
>>
>>29502228

he shills hardest for century and ZQI which people can certainly buy, just...why would you? when he's not doing that he's reviewing stuff the majority of people cant get or cant afford
>>
>>29500230
>Good YT channels

MAC has always been a pompous ass who thinks that his quirky opinion is better than your informed opinion. Everybody I know who has actually met him says the same thing. The guy thinks he's supremely hot shit, but is actually a fucking retard.
>>
All of YouTube seems to shill. Ian has RIA, Hickock has Buds, C&Rsenal has... themselves?

I guess Taofledermaus doesn't shill though.
>>
>>29502294

demo ranch is still pretty fun
>>
>>29502294
Why is it such a big deal? They accept sponsors, big fucking whoop.
>>
>>29502294
Guns and gun accessories are expensive dude.
>>
>>29502326
Only gun channel I watch. It's amazing.
>>
>>29502264
ZQI, and IWI are his biggest.

He toned down on IWI shilling after people caught on.
>>
>>29500230
Someone post the one where someone says the Tavor sucks and MAC calls them an Anti-semite
>>
>>29502390

I miss when he just reviewed guns

>>29502396

now he's just an overly sensitive salesman who thinks far too highly of himself
>>
>>29502294
Is Ian really shilling? It's not like he's misleading anyone saying this auction house is better than that one, and how else is he gonna get to show rarer guns?
>>
File: CE65CFXUkAE4t9X.jpg (22 KB, 575x323) Image search: [Google]
CE65CFXUkAE4t9X.jpg
22 KB, 575x323
>>29500230

>thanking sponsors is shilling

Do you faggots actually believe youtubers personally own the guns they review?

I bet you think ian mccollum personally owns all the guns he talks about or he's a shill for rock island and James juilia

Not even mad
>>
>>29502466
No, not really, especially since he's going to James Julia too.

I guess the auction price vids MIGHT be schilling, but since he does that for both auction houses and because people wanted to know, it's not schilling.

Honestly, the only time Forgotten Weapons/InRange seems like it's schilling is for stuff like the FG42/STG44 repros, and that's only because they both seem to have boners for that sort of stuff.
>>
>>29502509

That's not shilling, that's like you said just his personal boner for that shit
I'd be "shilling" the shit out of weapons I enjoy, too. Without a sponsorship, you know.
>>
shilling and disclosing sponsorship are different.

I'm also pretty sure that ian works in some capacity for the auction houses. It's also not like the things he shows are things that the joe blow can just go out and buy on a whim.
>>
>>29502538
>I'm also pretty sure that ian works in some capacity for the auction houses. It's also not like the things he shows are things that the joe blow can just go out and buy on a whim.
IIRC, Ian has some weird ass firearms ID'ing stuff on the side, because he gives lectures on forensic firearms stuff, he contributes to Small Arms Review/ARES (whichever things study guns in war zones), and does this auction stuff too.
>>
File: 1458229404700.jpg (106 KB, 540x900) Image search: [Google]
1458229404700.jpg
106 KB, 540x900
Forgotten Weapons, it's a shadow of what it once was
>>
>>29502621
Why?
>>
>>29502653
>Ian's 3 gun bullshit
>Gets Type 4, doesn't even field strip it
>show is now an excuse to watch Ian shoot a copy rifle wearing a Stahlhelm or talk about ammo he doesn't shoot
Boy's out of material.
>>
>>29502294
You could say Nutnfancy has his ammo sponsor, though generally he only mentions it in passing.
I've heard people accuse him of shilling for both Kel-tec and Troy Industries, which is pretty amusing considering how he will also rail on them, especially Kel-tec and the guy who comes out to shoot for them.

I had a hearty ayy lmao when I saw MAC get flustered over people calling him out on his Tavor shilling, and he actually called them anti-semetic. Fucking hilarious.
>>
>>29502664
also
>prototype 276 garand
>doesn't even mention the split lug layout of the bolt or how the bolt has an even better seal against dirt and dust from getting inside.

I miss his engineer perspective on weapons designs that he used to give out, sure it made the video longer and more boring for normies but that is what made his older stuff really interesting for me.
>>
>>29502486

MAC does own a lot of the guns he reviews, he shills hard on century and ZQI.

The internet has been tearing apart century Qc forever so what does he do? Makes a video about how awesome the c39 is. Pretty bizarre for someone who owns a lot of way better AK's, ones without rampant QC issues.

Then when people call him on it he posts butthurt responses instead of not caring what random youtubers think.

He's a massive faggot.
>>
>>29502716
>I had a hearty ayy lmao when I saw MAC get flustered over people calling him out on his Tavor shilling, and he actually called them anti-semetic. Fucking hilarious.

where is that screencap
>>
>>29502983
http://imgur.com/Tv4gS0H
I didn't cap it, but it appears somebody else did.
>>
File: MAC_Oy_Vey.png (112 KB, 1019x773) Image search: [Google]
MAC_Oy_Vey.png
112 KB, 1019x773
>>29503079
Posting in thread for those too lazy to copy-paste the link lel.
>>
>>29503079
Holy christ, get this guy an anal plug because he's bootyblasted hard.
>>
>>29503101
fucking kek, second he knows people are on to the shilling he goes all in with the "you hate jews" strategy
>>
>>29503079
>>29503101
/pol/ needs to stop being right, man.
>>
>>29503132
Eh, /pol/ has broken clock syndrome. That's why they're right on occasion.
>>
>>29502294
None of them are shills. Shills are people who advertise without letting you know they're advertising.
>>
>>29502664
That's because the action season is over. Once the houses get large lots in the fall he'll have more content.
>>
>>29503101
Me thinks the lady doth protest too much.
>>
>>29503147
This. I've seen many instances of /pol/ posting blantant fabrications alongside actual facts in order to push a narrative. I'd give them credit if they didn't intentionally lie all the time as well, though I guess they do it because normies aren't willing to check facts.
>>
>>29502538
It's more like a trade off, Ian gets no money from the Auction house other than to pay his travel expenses. They let him do it, because it's free advertising for guns that without the masses knowing about them, and RIA especially uses his videos as almost a promotion for their guns, meaning they don't have to pay someone to showcase them, Ian does it for free because he wants to fingerfuck it anyway

>>29502664
>>29502829
The 2 gun matches are now mostly on InRange, and anyway, I think they're interesting, it shows a lot closer to how a gun would actually preform in a combat environment as opposed to just shooting it at a static range.

Also, as for the lack of dis-assembly, the majority guns he looks at are at auction houses, meaning they are not his. He won't fully take some of them apart for a few reasons
> The Owner of the Firearm doesn't want him taking them apart for fear he might break something
> He doesn't know exactly how something comes apart, or is a tight fit, and he doesn't want to break a $50,000 gun that he doesn't own
> Certain guns are almost a straight copy of other guns and there isn't a point to it.

As to forgetting things, He's only human, shit happens, not to mention, he only has limited time at AHs, If he went over every little detail, He wouldn't be able to do even half as many videos
>>
File: IMG_5024.jpg (22 KB, 199x180) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5024.jpg
22 KB, 199x180
>>29503101

holy shit what a faggot
>>
File: IanForgottenWeapons.png (1 MB, 861x659) Image search: [Google]
IanForgottenWeapons.png
1 MB, 861x659
>>29503261
>>
File: Oy vey.png (29 KB, 474x216) Image search: [Google]
Oy vey.png
29 KB, 474x216
>>29500230
>>29503101

Maybe because he's sick of retards saying the same shit over, and over, and over. If someone kept accusing you faggots of something you weren't doing, wouldn't you get perturbed as well? And for goodness's sake, liking a particular manufacturer or product doesn't make you a shill.

You retards are parroting /pol/, which has "people who disagree with me must have their opinions bought" syndrome. People other than your pants-on-heads alt-right hivemind can think for themselves, you know.

>>29502983
>>29503101
>>29503119
>>29503291
A lot (but not most) of what I see of the internet anti-Israel crowd aren't just anti-zionist, but are straight-up or closet anti-semitic. Case in point with /pol/. To be honest, he's kind of right. If the Tavor wasn't an Israeli design, people wouldn't give him so much shit for it.
Plus, MAC has calmed down significantly about the Tavor over the past couple years. People just get excited over a new product that they really like. If they have a YT channel, they're naturally not going to shut up about it for a while.

However it's apparent that MAC takes this crap too seriously. He doesn't seem to understand that people wrongly equate being defensive with a guilty conscience, and how that arouses more suspicion. He is being a faggot with how he responds to accusations of shilling and fanboying, and just makes things worse for himself.
>>
>>29501168
>openly thanks his sponsors
>shill
>>
>>29503386

or maybe (obviously) he is shilling and he gets butthurt about it because its true

if he wasnt he'd just say "well fuck it not everyone is a fan" and continue to enjoy making money shooting guns

with the exception of yeager, he's the only youtuber that gets assblasted about petty shit
>>
>>29503101
oy vey anuddah shoah
>>
Anybody follow BATFE? I'm pretty certain the main dude is from /k/.
https://www.youtube.com/user/BATFEvideos
>>
>>29503455
>Buck Yeager
I can't watch his shit at all, its so fucking cringy, but does he get pissy in the comments?
>>
>>29503455
>if he wasnt he'd just say "well fuck it not everyone is a fan"

On the internet?

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>29502326
>Thanks for the armour 'ar500armour.com'
>destroys it
What's not to love about Mat
>>
>>29503101
He's not wrong though?
>>
>>29502294
Him and Demo Ranch are the only YT gun people I watch anymore.

Occasionally I'll watch an IV888 video but usually only when they are doing a meltdown vid because it's entertaining to watch.

Other than that I have stopped watching pretty much every other Gun Related YT channel. Even Hickock because I've gotten to the point where I can just go and shoot the guns myself.
>>
>>29500240
This.

He has actual knowledge and experience and all you have is memes. All you trolls do is parrot secondhand knowledge you have heard somewhere instead of actual experience.
>>
>>29501790
How is he a shill.

Lets have some facts not just memes.
>>
>>29503556
He clearly gets kickbacks from IWI. Would he call somebody anti-slavic or anti-American if they called him a shill for Kalashnikov or BCM?
>>
>>29502326
In the absence of CarnikCon and Dug Matt is the last saving grace of the YT gun community.

He's not quite as pants on head crazy as Dug was but he does some good (albeit campy sometimes) humor and shows off some fun guns.
>>
>ITT : people with no idea of what the word "shill" means
>>
I think if you acknowledge a sponsor or a donor it's not the same as shilling.

Shilling requires you to be subversive and get hyped about the produced and fawn over it in order to get other people to buy one.

That being said.

Which YT channels fit into this category?
>>
>>29503616
It's a meme word, it's used for anything they don't like
>>
>>29503652
MAC, because he doesn't disclose it.
>>29503664
>calling things memes if you disagree with them
Nice meme.
>>
>>29503600
What about Gook Dugan?
>>
>>29503664
Fucking melennials, man

Pick up a goddamn book, and read...
Or, Lurk moar before you type.

Because 'Shill' is not a meme word.
>>
>>29503670
>the calling things that you dont like is a meme, meme

fantastic meme friend
>>
>>29503588
>He clearly gets kickbacks from IWI.

The whole reason he responded like that was because the only time people were giving him that much shit for shilling was with the Tavor, and know /pol/ types there's a good chance he's right as to why they're bitching about him liking the jew gun.
>>
>>29503685
>melennials
Another meme word for people I don't like
>>
>>29500230
Was that your comment or something? Whoever it was got BTFO.
>>
File: c39v2.png (2 MB, 1122x675) Image search: [Google]
c39v2.png
2 MB, 1122x675
Everyone here is saying that mac is a shill, but nobody is actually providing any evidence of anything

>bu bu but, I posted a b8 comment and he got assblasted!!1!

Sure, but that doesn't mean he is biased. I watched the c39v2 video, and he did a fine job. There was carbon literally seeping out of the receiver, it is clear that he shot the shit out of it, and there was no significant wear anywhere on the rifle.
>>
>>29500230
Considering how you autistic fuckers like to troll his channel all the time, I wouldn't blame him for having patience to deal with this childish shit.
>>
>>29503741
Go shoot some ZQI MAC
>>
File: 1327204256854.jpg (128 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1327204256854.jpg
128 KB, 600x600
>>29501168
>>29502223
>>29502294
>>29503558
Don't you talk shit about our lord and savior like that
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 640x478) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 640x478
>>29503565
>>
>>29503731
I think people just skipped to the end and missed Mac saying that all Rob Ski's problems were on an RAS 47 (or whatever the model number is) and that his C39v2 is a different, milled AK.
>>
>>29503764
I am, and I'm gonna enjoy every second of it.
>>
>>29503455
>MAC ignores the trolls
"He doesn't respond to any accusations! That proves he's a shill!"

>MAC calls out the retarded stormfags
"He's so defensive, he must be a shill!"
>>
>>29500230
> pretty thin skin for a muhreen
Most marines still think like a 12 year old.
>>
>>29503504

kek. fair enough

>>29504918

reading is hard, the post
>>
>>29502466
I was under the impression he was the gunsmith for RIA.
>>
>>29505695
Wait, not RIA. The auction house.
>>
>>29505695
He's not a gunsmith. At most, he's a consultant who knows a lot of info on a wide variety of guns and can help determine if some of the older guns have genuine provenance.
>>
>>29506468
He's a dude that read some books about guns and started making videos about them.
>>
>>29503679
is gook dugan that little fucker with the thick ass accent that talks super fast? cus that dude is pretty cool. i liked the stunt he did with TFB TV
>>
>>29500630
This is the equivalent of e-celeb threads on /v/

In other words, it should have been deleted a long time ago
>>
>>29503261

It feels like FW has a focus on "more guns" over anything else. Which is a winning youtube formula because the bank always pays forever, so long as people keep googling guns.

C&Rsenal has gone the other way. One gun at a time in extreme detail and guaranteed fire.

But for how good a single video is, they literally can't go any faster than every other week. So way fewer guns.
>>
>>29502294
Bigshooterist?
>>
>>29503225
/pol/ is just as bad as liberals
Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.