[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sarin Gas is some ruthless shit... so with shit like this in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: poster-0.jpg (20 KB, 640x460) Image search: [Google]
poster-0.jpg
20 KB, 640x460
Sarin Gas is some ruthless shit... so with shit like this in existence, im starting to think that guns are pretty damn pointless. i mean if a cult can make 70 tons of the stuff, whats to stop ISIS or any other terrorist organization to produce it?
>>
Production isn't the issue
safe handling while under constant air attack stops them using it.

Plus use of a chemical weapon would give either America or Russia carte Blanche to steamroll in, in full force.
>>
>>29499021

Like they did during the Iraq-Iran war?

Oh yea, we totally care about stopping chemical warfare.
>>
>>29499021
whats to stop some terrorist organization in lets say; pakistan, turkey, united states, canada or anywhere for that matter.

i understand the threat of airstrikes hitting your sarin gas canisters would be enough to not make it. but in places that arent under that threat, whats stopping them? not every terrorist is some illiterate sheep fucker.
>>
>>29499032
Dude. USA has been using banned contraband since the 1940's.

Uranium, DU shells in Iraq making the new generation of radiation babies (well over 12k deformities past 10 years). Vietnam, various gases including Agent Orange. (I'm an agent orange baby)

So yeah, chems. Funny stuff right? A clowns tool.
>>
>>29499032
exactly. No one gives a fuck. Right now people could be or already are making it and storing it. waiting to release it on some city full of unsuspecting people.
>>
>>29498998
They can't produce pure gas. If you or anyone else try to do it - you'll die. You need a chemical facility, not kitchen or grandma basement. What stops ISIS from producing? Bombs. Any facility large enough to produce dangerous amount of chemical agents will be destroyed.
>>
>>29499054
Yep.

ISIS is the current OOGA BOOGA SCARY force. In a few years it'll be some other group. The State Department has no conviction and no oversight.
>>
>>29499107
i like how you say if you try to make it. im not some crazed teenager who got mad at his mom and now wants to make sarin gas. im seriously asking why no one has done this. it can easily be done. the fact that you think everywhere is being watched so carefully that anyone would notice someone making it is ludicrous. seriously. it doesnt take some huge 400 acre facility to make the stuff. and ISIS arent only in syria and iraq.
>>
>>29499145
its not just isis that you have to worry about. i just mentioned them because they were the first terror org that i thought of.

the aum cult in japan made the stuff.
>>
File: 1454371271725.png (2 MB, 1428x836) Image search: [Google]
1454371271725.png
2 MB, 1428x836
>>29499054
DEPLETED URANIUM IS NOT FUCKING RADIOACTIVE ENOUGH TO CAUSE DEFORMITIES. JESUS FUCKING CHRIST THIS BOARD IS FULL OF RETARDS!
>>
>>29499153
You just proved your point, it is localized. The Islamic State has been operating on some level since 2006 in the ME.

Why should the west fear this if it hasn't "made the jump" yet?

Anybody who is scared of ISIS or thinks military involvement is necessary for ISIS should realize this shitstorm is localized to the ME.
>>
>>29499194
Except for when they starting shooting and blowing up people on the streets of major European cities?
>>
How do I into gas masks?
What are some good (not too expensive) models. What do I need to look for?
I'm thinking chemical attacks are a possibility the coming year, so I'd want something that protects against the most common gasses used in warfare. Any help appreciated.
>>
>>29499314
That was done by people being born and growing up in europe with extremely little or none time spend in the middle east.
all the planning, getting the passports, explosives and weapons and supervising the preparation and eventual operations were done from europe.
>>
>>29499054
Daily reminder the resporting statistics on this are bias, as the ME has some of the highest incest rates on the planet. What any of those mud slimes would do, to get a nickel.
>>
>>29500512
No. They were trained in ISIS territory. They learned to make bombs there, they printed the Syrian passports there.
Of course they gathered the materials inside Europe. They' can't pretend to be refugees on a dingie coming into Greece with 150liters of chemicals.
The details of the plans were changed according to current EU events and situations ofcourse, but the structures, networks and organization was and is mainly built in ME.
>>
>>29500410
>I'm thinking chemical attacks are a possibility the coming year
Then it's time to reach for the permanent bug out bag.
Things to consider when using gas masks to survive NBC environments:

>you need the correct filter for the threat (type and concentration)
>the mask needs to be immediately on hand when facing exposure
>with some agents, dermal exposure is a significant threat in its own right
>a single filter is only effective for so long - you need replacements and a more permanent solution to the hazard
>a mask requires practice and proper maintenance to be effective - which includes tight and frequent shaves

If you're still convinced that a respirator is what you need, then CDC would be a good place to start.
http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/npptl/topics/respirators/factsheets/respfact.html
>>
>>29500749
What alternatives are available to a gas mask?
>>
>>29500771
Running
>>
>>29499032
>we
Shut up.
>>
>>29500749
I've been making a bag for me and my gf. For now it's still very limited: meds (gauze, bandages, anti-bacterial, painkillers, personal meds and iodine pills since I live near a nuclear plant that's been targetted by ISIS), simple tools (axe, crowbar, hunting knife).

Still need a lot more. food and water, gas masks, actual weapons, decent flashlight etc.
Hard to find when you don't know where to look and everything midly suspicious is illegal (even pepperspray, and buying 'military grade' gas masks can land you on a list).

Thanks for the info. Have any idea of what type of gasses are most likely to be used by terrorist networks? (I'm thinking the possibilities range from improvised to easily manufactured stuff?)
>>
>>29499148

Didn't that Japenese cult produce some in a privately owned lab 10-15 years ago and release it in the subway? They had a blind long haired hippie nip as their leader.
>>
>>29499176

DU is still an alpha emitter, which makes it harmful if ingested/inhaled. It also has chemical toxicity similar to other heavy metals like lead.
>>
>>29498998
Chemical weapons are too difficult to deliver, and furthermore are unreliable, minor differences in atmospheric conditions rendering them total ineffective.
>>
>>29500410
You'll need full MOPP4 and a decon protocol
>>
File: 1452186278289.jpg (68 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1452186278289.jpg
68 KB, 633x758
>>29498998
>go to Japan
>can't find a fucking trash can within 50 miles thanks to this

But yes, Sarin is some dangerous shit.
>>
>>29499021
>red line that will not be crossed
>it gets crossed
>nothing happens
>forget we ever said anything
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.