[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mossberg 715t .22lr
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (8 KB, 311x162) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
8 KB, 311x162
Thinking about getting one of these for a range plinker. How much of a retard am I being?

No plans to use it for self defence because
>.22
>defence
>>
>>29494527
Forgot link

http://store.xtremegunshootingcenter.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_97&products_id=360#.VwL9EoaErCS
>>
>>29494527
dont get it. your have to take all of the screws out and the body clam-shells open in order to clean it, you have to take any scope off too.

Its garbage. If you want an AR style .22 get one of the M&P's or just buy a 10/22 or a regular tube fed .22.
>>
>>29494647
Seriously? Thanks for the heads up
>>
>>29494896
My buddy has one. A cool plinker but you'll get the stink eye from bros. And consider this for home defense: quick target acquisition, close grouping, finding quickly in between shots and hearing damage. A 22 is great home defense. You will never be fighting off an intruder in body armor and furthermore, no one will ever stop to think, " I wonder what caliber round just entered my body..."
>>
That gun is crap. It feels like a flimsly plastic toy.
The only good AR style .22 is the S&W M&P-15-22, but it costs quite a bit more.
For Good cheap semi-auto .22's look at something like a Ruger 10/22 or Marlin 60 and 795
>>
>>29494527
It's not even a .22 AR its just a cheap .22 with an AR-style shell.
Would not recommend.
Get S&W MP 15/22.
>>
You're better off getting a 10/22 with some banana mags and an archangel tacticool kit for a plinker. Don't have a pic but this guy I shared a deer lease with a few years back had that exact setup with some sort of night vision scope and a suppressor and it was more fun to shoot than any other long gun I've come across.
>>
>>29494527
While I'm going to say that you probably still shouldn't buy one, I have a friend that has had one of these stupid things for a few years and it still does work. I believe he stopped cleaning it after he tried opening it up once, but it still does shoot.

Like many others have said in the thread though, it's very difficult to clean, feels cheap and crappy, additionally the sights don't hold up all that well, and a Ruger 10/22 will run circles around these in all categories. Get a 10/22 and throw one of the many different available tactical stocks on them.
>>
How are SR-22's? Are they basically just tacticool 10/22s?
>>
>>29498728
I own one, it's more or less a 10/22 but you can tacticool the bitch and get a folding stock. It weighs even more though. Haven't had any cycling issues with it, but there is little need for a scope on .22, really. I'd say get a regular one less you really want all the rail estate.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>29494527
It's cheaper than most all AR style .22's for a reason. I researched for a good while before ending up buying an M&P 15-22.

If budget is an issue, I'd just go with a 10/22 or tube-fed flavor. Even lever guns. If it's just for plinking, it doesn't need to be fancy, just reliable and fun to shoot.

Only reason I didn't get a 10/22 is because I have access to friends/family who have them, they're overly expensive for what they are in my area, I like the AR style more, and I hate the bolt catch lever on 10/22s (no, I don't give a shit what anyone says about mods or "hurr durr, you're just retarded"- it's a pain in the ass)

Tl;dr: Buy nearly anything else. You'll be glad you did.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.