[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hand to Hand
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5
File: cocking.gif (396 KB, 500x245) Image search: [Google]
cocking.gif
396 KB, 500x245
So I'm from /lit/ and working on a story. In it, the main group fights with guns. Like yes shooting and such, because guns do that.
But theyre also trained in hand to hand combat with guns.
what would be the best guns to fight hand to hand with. No bayonets or anything. Just the gun itself
>>
handguns
>>
>>29491582
any specifically?
i don't want to be a fucking idiot and be like "and the 100 men all had desert eagles and 1911's to fight with"
>>
>>29491582
With bayonets
>>
>>29491591
Look up some real life equivalents to the soldiers you're writing a about perhaps?
>>
>>29491591
actually 1911s is what i would suggest. but modiefied for cqc, not with a bayonet but a "compliance tool"
>>
>>29491569
Use a Tediore
>>
>>29491591

Fixed bayonet charges still happens and have proven to still be pretty deadly.

Just google "British bayonet charges" and you'll find loads of modern examples of people being ordered to charge with bayonets fixed.
>>
>>29491608
I mean like I said, they're pretty varied
some are kids who grew up in a gang, some are actual military members, some are just militants

and I want the weapons to kind of vary too
but obviously like they won't be whipping around a minigun in a hand to hand fight, but a derringer is stupid too
>>
>>29491610
cqc?
>>29491616
a wot
>>29491622
sir. no bayonets.
>>
>>29491627
look up gun kata
>>
>>29491633
Don't like up gun kata.
>>
File: dat reload.webm (3 MB, 1434x594) Image search: [Google]
dat reload.webm
3 MB, 1434x594
>>29491569
any guns that aren't compact guns, really.

note that semi-autos won't fire if the slide is pushed out of battery, like if you barrel stuff someone.
>>
File: technical killer.jpg (748 KB, 2820x1890) Image search: [Google]
technical killer.jpg
748 KB, 2820x1890
I can't find a picture, but the CIA developed a pistol that fits inside the palm of the hand. Its a one-shot gun, but its design was specifically made to enable a person to hold it and fistfight.

They had one at the spy museum in Washington D.C.
>>
>>29491569

If you're close enough and out of ammo enough to be fighting hand to hand using the gun as a weapon, you're better off using a knife or tactical axe or anything else.
>>
>>29491687
that's retarded
>>
I'm piggybacking on this thread. (Sorry, OP.)

I'm about to finish a short film, with subject matter focusing on mental illness. Our schizophrenic main character will commit suicide with a gunshot to the head.

I will be using a Squib practical blood effects rig. Muzzle flash will be edited.

My question is, what gun (handgun) should I use for the suicide scene? I have several from my own collection for use:
>HiPoint .45 (yeah I know lol)
>Glock 19
>Springfield XD Sub
>Taurus PT92 (fuck me I know)
>Para Ordnance 1911

Alternatively, I'm treating myself to another purchase. What should I pick up next and use for this project? I have $600.
>>
>>29491569
Oh you don't mean specifically handguns

Then most rifles/longarms would work. Bonus if they're heavy or don't have polymer parts around the barrel or butt. Downward barrel strikes to the collar bones, thrusts with the barrel into the sternum, and butt strokes to the face are all very effective.

>>29491772
What would your character use? Use what fits them. Though I'd choose the 1911.
>>
>>29491569
fuck a gun if you have no ammo
>put gun away
>take out spade
>pop guts open

Do you know how fucking deadly a spade is?
>>
>>29491633
ok
>>29491643
oh.... ok
>>29491644
ah awesome
>>29491651
well shit that'll work for the gang kids
>>29491687
>gun too big
>use an axe
uh
>>29491772
you good senpai
>>29491796
longarms?
and makes sense. So smaller handguns and rifles work best
>>
>>29491796
The character in a nutshell:
>late 20s
>white male
>some college education, but dropped out
>history of drug use
>raised by single mother, now dead
>lacking in relationship and sexual experience (no gf lol)
>unemployed, shut in
>living off of unemployment and monthly deposits from not-so-deadbeat dad
>schizophrenic, of course

So my question is, based on this criteria, what would he use?

This movie sounds depressing, but it really isn't. It's really a dark comedy. I'm going to make people smile while watching this.
>>
>>29491699
Yeah... no. I'd take a knife over an empty gun.

>>29491569
What you're talking about isn't hand to hand it's CQC. Hand to had is, well, exactly that. For using a firearm in close quarters the ideal firearm is a pistol. Preferably not a fullsize one, a compact.
>>
>>29491896
CQC?
and got it
any specific types?
>>
File: image.jpg (103 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103 KB, 800x533
>>29491569
Standoff devices, pictured here on a 1911 might work. Mind you these aren't really things that are actually used by anyone other then model makers on as props but this is fantasy, so yeah
>>
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 500x213) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 500x213
>>29491934
You could also look into making an Apache pistol esque gun as well
>>
>>29491896
I would take an empty gun and a spare magazine over a knife.

Also, using a gun in hand-to-hand is still called hand to hand. CQC can mean anything from hand-to-hand to short range firefights.

>>29491911
Don't listen to him, he doesn't know what he's talking about. Short barreled rifles/shotguns, personal defense weapons, and submachine guns are ideal over pistols for extremely close range combat.

See http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Main_Page to look for guns you might want to use. Anything metal is ideal.
>>
>>29491934
god that muzzle looks horrible
i love it
and yeah, I mean the whole idea came from blade's gun knives so
>>29491972
brass knuck-gun
.....im kinda hard now
>>29492028
got it
and yeah I mean i figured a wood stem rifle would be a bad idea in a fight
but good shit ill look it over
>>
>>29492056
I meant metal over polymer. You'd be hard-pressed to crack a wooden stock by bludgeoning someone.
>>
>>29492076
obviously youve never seen how hard MY wood is
but yeah makes sense
so no 3D printed guns
>>
>>29491632

is this some arbitrary constraint or is there a legitimate reason not to use a bayonet?
>>
If you dont know anything about guns, dont try to write them in. Youll look like an idiot
>>
>>29492106
arbitrary
but main reason is the people their fighting, cutting wouldn't do much, blunt force would
>>
>>29492120
i know about guns. I was raised shooting, but it was kimbers and a nine millimeter and an AR once or twice
So i know how to shoot, clean, load, et cetera
but i don't KNOW guns
if that makes sense?
>>
>>29491569
theres many doctrines to fighting with guns. everything from flintlock pistols being designed as secondary clubs to modern ranger tactics that teach incorporating the service rifle into h2h. add that to the modern resurgence of pistol bayonets and you should get everything you need from them.
>>
>>29492123

elaborate please?
>>
>>29491893
Sounds like a job for a snub revolver.
>>
>>29492146
skin tight bulletproof armor
stabbing won't penetrate
they still get the blunt force traumas from the bullets, they just don't get the actual wound
so being hit in the head with a saber or something, not too much happens
hit in the head with a rifle
they go down
>>
>>29492187
Thanks for the rec. I had the same thought, too. After reviewing the initial photography, we thought that the 1911 or the G19 would have taken too much from the scene. We were leaning towards the HiPoint, since they have a stigma of being cheap implements for suicide. But the HiPoint is a chunky gun, and it doesn't match the aesthetic of our cinematography.

I'm going to my local LGS for a snub in .357. Thanks
>>
>>29492221
I get that this is fiction but knives will go through any soft armor, so if they have crazy super future armor but can't afford enough ammo to make sure they don't have to fight hand to hand that really doesn't make sense
>>
>>29492336
different sides
the "bad" side has the super magic armor
the "good" side is ragtag militia
>>
>>29492360
like. You wouldn't compare US special forces to a bunch of chinese rice farms with pellet guns
>>
>>29492360
oh, that makes more sense. so the bad guys are well equipped and have more than just pistols then right? so I imagine the good guys do a lot of sneaky killing then, traps and such, sawn off shotguns would be a good choice if you're looking for blunt force plus it would make for a hell of a good club while being somewhat concealable
I also suggest home made napalm shells and Molotov's because future armor won't help against being cooked alive
>>
>>29491569
What is the time/place setting? Totally fictional world, or is it on Earth at some point?
>>
>>29492530
>future armor won't help against being cooked alive
>implying heat resistant and flame retardant gear doesn't already exist
>>
>>29492585
>implying napalm doesn't stick to shit and keep burning
>>
>>29492607
>implying magic armor soldier won't just give a flaming bear hug to militiamen covered in dirty rags
>>
>>29492530
bad guys are a super military org, worldwide, and have like super humans. They can heal, they have telekinesis and hyperkinesis.
good guys are those who didn't join and the members of organized crime not killed off. A guerrilla group.
so yeah its a lot of covert strikes but for this fight, the group, the 121, are all paramilitary or post-military and trained in hand-to-hand (or CQC?) combat.
and ah shit didn't thing of that. Bigass heavy metal club that shoots. shotguns are great for the big guys
and also damn. true.

>>29492564
earth about 500 years into the future. Heads up, this is the final book in a series I'm working on
the worlds organized crime joint together then split into factions of services (like smuggling, assassination, etc) and the worlds military mostly banded together then killed off anyone who wouldn't join.
The middle east is a barren tropical wasteland. no one lives there. Religion doesn't exist really.
>>29492585
covers their entire body though, so I mean only does so much
>>
>>29492634
>barren tropical
wot?

I'd say AKs will still be pretty common, and you can club the shit out of people with them. There are some neat videos about AK hand-to-hand shit online.

Oh, also, don't discount bayonets: getting jabbed with that fine of a point will break your fucking ribs and shit if it doesn't cut through you. Try doing SCA or any kind of stick fighting: the blunt stabs fucking suck. I once fractured a dude's sternum and bruised his heart with a padded Dagorhir spear: never underestimate the force behind a stab, blunt or otherwise.
>>
>>29492921
it was reformed from a desert into tropics
but theres no human life
like... people are terrified to live there

and good point
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.