[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What makes something "mallninja"? I just got this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 10
What makes something "mallninja"?

I just got this because it's a $30 short sword, and I'm arguing with myself whether it's mallninja or not.
>>
>>29489192
no fucking argument
you're a mallninja
>>
Everything is mallninja.
>>
>>29489192
>$30 all black short sword with 3 inches of serration
mallninja as fuck like 12/10
>>
>>29489209
I thought a mallninja was a fat nerd who hoarded fantasy and tacticool shit. I'm pretty /out/ myself.

I'm talking about what qualifies an item as mallninja, not the person.

Also, I'm gonna strip the coating off the sword and probably do something with the handle.
>>
>>29489192
I'm not sure a $30 sword will be made with enough quality/integrity to truly hold up over the course of two or three battles. Ultimately I think it is a "tourist grade" item based off of what I know and sadly a lot of mall ninja buy items like these just because they are there at a low price just like you did.

My advice: save it for a costume on Halloween or donate it; you could always use it on a Ninja costume even though the sword wouldn't be accurate for the roll unless you were a mall ninja, which you seem to be.
>>
>>29489192
How many times are you going to make this thread?
>>
>>29489250
Forgive me for being rude; I'm not saying mall ninja are bad people.
>>
>>29489192
on the mall ninja scale you're ancient grandmaster shinobi
>>
>>29489250
I'm European, and the purpose of the sword, apart from giving me pleasure from removing the coat and making it look nice, would be to deter any criminals who come robbing. Around here there are few guns among criminals, and robbers are armed with bats and knives. The point would be to send them running once they see that I'm carrying a fucking sword.

And no offense taken. This is the most mallninja thing I own. Rest of my shit are outdoor-worn knives and axes.
>>
>>29489237
>I thought a mallninja was a fat nerd who hoarded fantasy and tacticool shit.
who just spent $30 on a cheapo TACTICAL FANTASY SWORD?
>I'm pretty /out/ myself.
no you're not! the cheap gaudy Bear Grylls Gerber knives are better made and more practical than that, you fucking tool.
>>
>>29489336
It wasn't two weeks ago I was camping the last time. As previously stated, this is the most mallninja thing I own.
>>
>>29489352
camping doesn't make you /out/ any more than owning a hi point makes you /k/ or watching naruto makes you /a/
>>
>>29489369
Fair point. It was a pretty relaxed trip, actually.

I do have over 8 years of /out/ experience with hikes and camping, though.
>>
>>29489386
>8 years of /out/ experience with hikes and camping
and you never learned the difference between a good and bad blade?
>>
>>29489297
>has useful outdoor grade axes and knives
>buys a 30$ short sword to defend his home with

Hahaha haha hahahaha
>>
>>29489192
>its a sword
>its 30 dollars so its clearly not reenactment grade or collectible

Your question is like i painted the wooden spoiler i made out of 2x4s that i mounted on my trunk, how does that make me a redneck
>>
>>29489233
Bullshit. Everything is Food.
>>
>>29489399
>>29489417
Again, it's not for actual usage, it's to intimidate. I don't want to fucking kill someone, just scare off immigrants with steak knives and hooligans with table legs. For actual fighting I'd use a hardwood baseball bat.
>>
>>29489619
>it's not for actual usage, it's to intimidate
how do you not see that's the mallninjaest one can even fucking be?
>>
>>29489619

Those immigrants are masters with their steak knives, they'd see your gay sword and laugh.
>>
File: kevinjames.jpg (245 KB, 736x922) Image search: [Google]
kevinjames.jpg
245 KB, 736x922
>>29489192

hey OP its roger merging onto your thread on my Thinkpad Edge E530c

so first of all lets get something straight. i like u and this is a great topic for a thread but i will be talking down to u because ur poor and have no $$ and need to buy cheapthings but if you can learn to be a hardworker i wont be quite as dismissive but until then u will have to understand that u are the llama and i am the brahma

there are 2 pieces to ur question lets "unpack" them to quote sigmund freud, a psychologist:

>What makes something "mallninja"?

1. the question mark goes inside the quotes. if u cant get this straight u better learn to clean the dentists's chair or have very important opiniopns like me - a lot of problems in africa are related to their failure to learn stuff from the english (farming, AIDS is bad) dont be like them

2. anyway mallninja is a perjuritive term for security guards at malls who like to have a lot of equipment ("loadout"). theyr usually overweight and untrained and get into lotsof hilarious capers (see paul blart 2 ["vegas has a new high roller"]). bc no one on /k/ is like that we like to make fun of them - if u are like me than u understand equipment and only get whats absolutely necessary for instance one piece flektarn wool suits so i can go to the bar and talk hunting etc with other realmen like myself. u probably think flektarn is a finnish hardcore band and got ready to pretend to like them just now - but thats OK u can go back to talking about how orienthi is under8d

>I just got this because it's a $30 shortsword, and I'm arguing with myself whether it's mallninja or not

it's not but based on ur taste in weapons im guessing its not the last time u'll be paying $30 for a little poke. u see even mall police use weapons like guns or tasers that are threatening to other people. the only thing i can imagine less dangerous than that sword is john travolta at a baptist cotillian (female coming out party)(hes a gay scientologist fyi lol)
>>
File: 1346084879821.jpg (80 KB, 590x608) Image search: [Google]
1346084879821.jpg
80 KB, 590x608
>>29489759
>>
>>29489759
>it's not but based on ur taste in weapons im guessing its not the last time u'll be paying $30 for a little poke.

holy fuck im dying call an amublance and the space shuttle cause my sides are in orbit

10/10 post
>>
>>29489192
go outside and smash it on a tree 50 times as hard as you can, if it doesn't break then it is not mallninja
>>
>>29489192
>Double edged
>Serrations
>Tacticool
>Cheap

Mallninja/10
>>
File: 1453594786257.png (45 KB, 173x231) Image search: [Google]
1453594786257.png
45 KB, 173x231
>>29489759
>>
>>29489619
There is no point in having a weapon for defensive purposes if you never intend to use it in a time of need.

"Intimidation" is useless. That's the same fudd idiocy as "racking a pump action shotgun".
>>
>>29489759
(You)
>>
>>29489192
the only way this could be more mallninja is if it had teeth and a bottle opener
>>
>>29490358
>is if it had teeth
it does
open the thumbnail
>>
>>29489699
My God you are a massive faggot. You can do all kinds of /out/ shit without using or knowing shit about knives. Its isn't /k/-firearms and it's not /out/-bushcraft. Ones interest doesn't automatically translate to vast Troves of knowledge on every aspect of the subject and a $20 Buck folder may have been fine for his 8 years. The sword is gay but you're being a count just for the hell of it
>>
>>29489192
>AUS-6 stainless steel on a long blade
>>
>>29489192
Quality.

Mall ninja only qualifications is how it looks,they don't look up the blade quality, material, how it's made or intended use.
>>
File: 1450293462232.jpg (65 KB, 689x569) Image search: [Google]
1450293462232.jpg
65 KB, 689x569
>>29489759
>>
>>29489619
>self Defense situation
>I'll just scare them.
Setting yourself up for failure there sport.
If your life is threatened, run or fight. If you fight, fight to kill.

Get yourself a practical semi concealable weapon
>>
this is like.... the definition of mallninja..
Did you just take the image of the Wikipedia Page to mallninja and post it here?
>>
File: 1431292142926.jpg (18 KB, 260x384) Image search: [Google]
1431292142926.jpg
18 KB, 260x384
>>29489759
What the actual fuck?
>>
>>29489192
It is especially mallninja if its not full tang
>>
>>29490358
If it had a bottle opener it'd actually be useful.
>>
>>29489619
>mall ninja shortsword more intimidating than a fucking axe
No, you are not a proper European
>>
>>29489759
I think someone's been skipping their meds
>>
>>29489759
>the question mark goes inside the quotes
Only if what's inside the quotation is a question.

Learn some of that "English" you were talking about.
>>
>>29489192
>is it illegal to be seen in public with it beyond transportation and especially defending yourself with it?

>does it have useless features or features that don't fit on the type of item it is supposed to be? (this case serrations on a sword)

>is it a color that is hard to see in the dark yet not a color meant to be seen by animals easily for hunting? (it's fucking black for no reason, it gets hot in the sun etc)

you have hit all three mate
>>
>>29489297
Buy a decent sword from some cheapass Eastern Europe smith.
>>
If it's made in a factory on an assembly line, it's mallninja.

If it's made by a bladesmith in their own forge then it isn't mallninja.
>>
>>29492998
Are you saying Albion swords are mallninja?
>>
File: thisfuckingthing.jpg (84 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
thisfuckingthing.jpg
84 KB, 800x800
To be Mallninja, a product must:

1. Be Tacticool
2. Be impractical, or have no practical purpose in any reasonably likely RL scenario

Bonus points for the following:
A. Low quality, or overpriced compared to quality, or both
B. Be all black
C. Have any of the following words in it's name: tactical, survival, commando, zombie, special forces
D. Be modeled after a weapon that appears in a video game.
>>
>>29489192
Being a mallninja depends heavily on perceived application. If you think you're going to run into a guy with a knife and actually use that in an actual fight, that's mallninja.

If you got it because you like the way it looks and probably just keep it around to look at or cut down foliage and shit, then yeah, you should be fine.
>>
>>29489192
Enjoy your mallninja sword before it breaks on you.

Seriously, former mallninja just wondering how to get rid of such useless junk. And just the other day trying some out while venting chopping on a tree and useless mallninja junk breaks.

Get a practical and useful axe and knives, but always have a gun.
>>
I mean you bought a shitty sword with 2 inches of serration.
You're a Fucking mallninja.
That thing is "tactical garbage"
>>
>>29489619
>> I don't want to fucking kill someone, For actual fighting I'd use a hardwood baseball bat.
>> I don't want to fucking kill someone, use a hardwood baseball bat.
>> kill someone, hardwood baseball bat.

You are aware you can kill someone with a baseball bat right?
>>
>>29491534

hey its roger i switched to my macbook pro (its just for show i know apple is basically just an electronic version of a gay marriage wedding cake)

so normally when people challenge me i give them the old "kissinger" and publicly describe the brutal violent sexual chocolate asscandy play i engage in with their mother. i could do that here with you (she is a fan of something i created for her called the "jersey devil" which involves a bottle of jewish wine, firecrackers, scrapple, massage, and her screaming mel tore songs in broken spanish but thats another story for another day - and besides we stopped doing it since she kept getting ear infections)

anyway u make a greatpoint about the use of the question mark but u dont understand the distinction between English and english. English is what they speak in england. a place with neither guns nor freedom nor sports. english is what we invented so that we could still run the world but also have stuff like MTV and miley cyrus and kel-tec

so for me its about telling not spelling. if we were writing the AMA blue book then maybe you're right. but when i make a point i'm totally focused on the topic at hand and the thought of george washington teddy roosevelt and andrew jackson standing in a three pointed hat-shaped triangle and each shaking each others hands so forcefully that they feel a weird mix of love and respect like that time a guy bought me a drink at the legion

so in conclusion u r kind of sort of right in the sense that in england u'd be right to say "i had a bad time at the futbal game" which is not a thing you would say here in america because we still have dicks that we like to stick in your moms coo-coo
>>
>>29493525
>how to get rid of such useless junk
ask your coworkers if they have any brothers or cousins in high school
>>
>>29493573
This, I'd love to get this kind of crap in High school.
>>
>>29493573
I said get rid of them, not get blamed for handing out things to make them a greater public nuisance.
>>
>>29489192
>short sword
>sword
those are instantly mallninja, regardless of price.
>>
File: 1458976810096.jpg (19 KB, 400x398) Image search: [Google]
1458976810096.jpg
19 KB, 400x398
>>29489934
>Working the pump on a shotgun won't instantly demand the attention of every upstanding negro holding your tv

>b-b-b-bbbut thats fud stuff
>>
>>29493571
btfo
>>
>>29489237
Mallninja is a term that came from this trollposting account called gecko45.

The character (most assume he isn't real) is a security guard who is worried about the strangest threats without any grounding in reality, and also overestimates his own abilities in a classic Dunning Kruger effect.

He asks about things like armored plates that can stop lapua because he is worried about being sniped by hooligans on the way to his truck, and talks about practicing ninjitsu and being able to climb walls wearing spike boots.

The essence of mallninja is ignorance, inadequate preparation, and overconfidence.
>>
>>29489192
When the words "30 dollars" are combined with the words "short sword" you know for a fact you're a mallninja.
>>
File: 1447872970312.jpg (16 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1447872970312.jpg
16 KB, 200x200
>>29489759
>>29493571
>>
>>29489192
anything that is trying to maximize on cool factor while diminishing or lacking in utility.
>>
>>29489934
>intimidation is useless
You're a fucking idiot.
>>
File: mahni.jpg (15 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
mahni.jpg
15 KB, 225x225
>>29493175
>>29493993
Some variability in preferences, and on the small details, but basically good stuff here.
>>
>>29495137
Intimidation is only useful when you're able to back it up, and they've gotta know it.

Waving a shitty blade around you don't intend to use and speaking in a threatening tone/manner is the best way to end up in a bad situation.

People, especially predators will always be more intimidated by flat statements backed up with confident body language than baseless threats and bullshit bravado
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.