[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can't seem to get a good group with my AR and I think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Lello Bookstore.jpg (104 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Lello Bookstore.jpg
104 KB, 640x480
I can't seem to get a good group with my AR and I think it's at least partially because the scope is too high but also I don't shoot it well. xm855 through the 1:9 isn't really helping anything.

So rather than get good I'm thinking of just buying a different gun. Maybe I'll buy a bolt action in .308 or .30-06, and mount a bipod and ridicously high powered scope on it because why not.

What's the cheapest high powered rifle that will be half MOA or less? My marlin 60 does it but it's not high powered.
I won't actually be using the gun for anything.
>>
>>29482593
I really want to make an incredibly dangerous waterslide in the shape of that staircase and send people two at a time.
>>
>>29482655
I've always wanted to rig a shaped charge to blow out a hole in a real water slide and watch someone come out of it, then when they hit the ground shout at the top of my lungs, "Now that's what I call hypospadias!"
Only reason I don't is because I'd feel kind of bad for the person, that and prison.
>>
>>29482593
>that will get 1/2moa or better?

Honestly no fun you buy will ever get 1/2moa if you can't.

Set a target at 50yard aiming at the exact same point every time shoot 5 rounds.

If the group is more than an 1/4" there is no point in buying something with more recoil and muzzle blast than your AR.

Get gud. Or at least gudder.

A 2" group at 100yards would be nice.

I wanna go to anAppleseed event this summer with my wife hopefully.
>>
>>29482593
Are you certain that Marlin is a 1/2moa rifle? That's literally an 1/8" group at 25yds.
>>
>>29482593
Looks like a vag or a tapeworm.... bet the builder shit himself building that thing....

>xm855 through the 1:9 isn't really helping anything.
>the scope is too high
next youre gonna blame the trigger, and faggots who dont know shit are gonna tell you to buy a "match" trigger kit, such as giselle or the like. Dont listen to their bullshit.

Go buy a rubber buttpad, some .223 snapcaps, and a set of better earplugs.

Also, what brand is your AR?
>I bet its a PSA.....
>>
>>29482593
get a better trigger it will help.
follow through on your shots, its not over just because the trigger breaks.
don't take opportunistic shots, that is don't wait for the redicle to drift over the target, if you are not holding it steady on the target then don't shoot yet.
hold your breath for a few seconds before you pull the trigger to keep yourself from moving
I count double my heart beats and take the shot on an odd number, i.e. between beats.
>>
>>29483751
I can confirm that pre-goldtrigger marlin 60's will blast pennies into pieces at 25yds. Micro-groove rifling ftw.
>>
>>29483802
>get a better trigger it will help.
right on time, like a crackhead waitin for a dime.
>>
>>29483792
>>29483802
kek
>>
>>29483678
>Honestly no fun you buy will ever get 1/2moa if you can't.

bullshit, a $300 Savage can be 1/2MOA out of the box and any decent custom hunting rifle will be a cloverleaf or better.

ARs are a shitty platform for accuracy. milspec is 5MOA and 90% of the civilian ARs fit that to a T
>>
>>29483857
I feel like you didn't understand his post at all
>>
>>29483802
>>29483792

bullshit bullshit bullshit. You need exactly three rounds fired from a stable bench rest to determine exactly how accurate your rifle is. this is a quantifiable, objective measurement and has fuck all to do with how well you shoot.
>>
>>29483868
dont respond to stupid people, it only instigates them further
>>
>>29483751
With a 9x scope absolutely. The gun was cheap and the factory rear iron, I can wiggle the windage back and forth with my finger. For whatever reason it shoots scary accurate and seems to like the CCI tactical plinking crap.
>>
>>29483792
>Go buy a rubber buttpad,
CTR has a rubber pad on it already, recoil is nothing on an AR. What's wrong with you?
>some .223 snapcaps,
No
>and a set of better earplugs.
I have the 3M Peltor whatevers that cost me like $90, they're fine.
>Also, what brand is your AR?
I built it myself a part at a time. I'll give you the specs though:

Del-ton upper, 16" barrel, 1:9 twist, midlength gas and free floated. The lower is a Rock River Arms and the action is a cmmg or whatever kit that seemed pretty generic. The stock is a CTR with a magpul riser I put on it to try to get a better cheek weld.

I think part of my problem is a the cheek weld, maybe all of my problem. The cantilevered scope mount is too high and I don't have a perfectly consistent cheek weld which may be giving me some parallax through 1x4 scope. I had hoped the 1/2" would be enough to snug the scope under my zygomatic arch but instead it's lined up with my upper teeth in order to get the proper sight picture. So yeah, currently I'm shooting a 1" group at 25 yards with elbows resting on the bench which is terrible and I know it especially using a 4x power.

That's besides the point, I was asking about the value of other rifles.

>>29483802
>follow through on your shots, its not over just because the trigger breaks.
>don't take opportunistic shots, that is don't wait for the redicle to drift over the target, if you are not holding it steady on the target then don't shoot yet.
Was doing this, thanks for the advice.

>>29483857
>$300 Savage can be 1/2MOA
This is what I was asking. Thank you, this is best choice?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.