[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's have a humble old crossbow thread. These things are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
Let's have a humble old crossbow thread.

These things are loads of fun. What you got?

Pic related, arriving tomorrow for shits and giggles
>>
I don't own one but I'm thinking of taking up a bow or crossbow. In my state I could use a bow during both bow and rifle season excluding the 10 day season exclusively for muzzleloading rifles. The downside is you "technically" have to be disabled ( aspie/autistic/tard/physically impaired ) to use them for hunting and I really don't understand why.

>>29479946
So I'm going to guess you have experience with crossbows. Could you tell me about how to get started, some good first brands, etc? I'm thankful I don't need a permit for them in my state.
>>
>>29480188
I would recommend Barnett for quality. I have owned then and absolutely loved my old Wildcat C5. Compounds are best but I wanted a recurve due to simplicity and ease of changing the string.

You guys have access to a wide range of cool xbows. Pic is the old C5. I used to shoot seagulls with broadheads as a youth (= explosion of blood guts and feathers). Ah, good times.
>>
>>29480566
>You guys have access...
Where do you live that you lack access? Do you also have any recommendations as far as which models to buy? I could ( comfortably ) spend up to $800 but would go up to $900. So far I've found my Walmart ( oddly enough ) carries a huge selection which is good for me given I don't have a local archery shop.
>>
File: 600px-Lwmq_crossbow.jpg (87 KB, 600x316) Image search: [Google]
600px-Lwmq_crossbow.jpg
87 KB, 600x316
>>29479946
a jennings devastator and a barnett commando.
i got them for $10 or $20 apiece at garage sales and just fuck around being a man-child with them.
>>
>>29479946
YFW Im old enough that they used to let us make crossbows in 9th grade shop class and put the best ones on display in a trophy case.

as long as you're not making bongs, dugouts, pipes etc.
>>
>>29481011
Neato. :)
>>
>>29480881
I mean the USA has a wide selection of brands at reasonable prices. In Europe we can't walk into a mainstream store and leave with a 400fps crossbow.

Have a look at the Barnett Ghost or the Horton Fury. Both around the price range with top performance. However something cheaper say, the Barnett Brotherhood for $350 will kill anything the others would at half the cost.
>>
>>29480957
That's what they are best for. Fucking around
>>
File: Barnettvengeance_carbon_2012.png (138 KB, 450x302) Image search: [Google]
Barnettvengeance_carbon_2012.png
138 KB, 450x302
Is there any downside to having a "backwards" crossbow like in pic?
>>
>>29481298
Nah, they both do the same thing.

Doesn't really matter.
>>
>>29480566
The Jackel gets good reviews. Thinking it would make a good dicking around crossbow. Any experience with it?
>>
File: logo.png (18 KB, 241x117) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
18 KB, 241x117
These are awesome if you can stand the extra width
>>
>>29481871
That website may not be the most pleasing to the eye but DAMN! It makes selecting a crossbow easy with the ( slightly outdated ) article ( @ http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/content/display/select ) on how to do so!

I wish they had a website like this for regular bows too. I see things on the bottom of the page so maybe when I have more time I'll check them out but based on Excalibur's website I think I know which Crossbow I want.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.