[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there anyone on /k/, that legally owns a gun? What are the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (151 KB, 976x633) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
151 KB, 976x633
Is there anyone on /k/, that legally owns a gun?

What are the restrictions for you guys? I thought your entire country banned guns but I'm being told it is only London

Can you have semi-automatic rifles?
>>
>britcucks
>able to own legal funs

Lol nice try britcuck
>>
>>29477727
>Is there anyone on /k/, that legally owns a gun?
I own quite a few with little restriction beyond no full auto.

Not British though.
>>
There's two million registered firearms in the uk about 1.3 million are shotguns
>>
File: 1413654966627.jpg (320 KB, 588x706) Image search: [Google]
1413654966627.jpg
320 KB, 588x706
>>29477727
They are expensive and you have to jump through hoops but we can indeed own firearms, anything not bolt action is pretty restricted though.
>>
>>29477921
Sounds more accurate.
>>
File: 1438544478515.jpg (411 KB, 1037x778) Image search: [Google]
1438544478515.jpg
411 KB, 1037x778
>>29477928
No magazine or caliber restrictions once approved and suppressors are actually encouraged.
>>
Are you specifically asking Brits?

American here, I legally own quite a few guns with the only restrictions being a stupid 3 day wait for handguns, no full autos manufactured after '86, and having to go through some hoops for suppressors and SBS's and SBRs.
>>
>>29477946
Have a feeling he was asking Britbongs, judging by the pic and the text of the rest of the post.
>>
>>29477765
any bolt action rifle with a licence, shotguns with a licence, no semi autos or pistols
>>
>>29477928
That info graphic always rustles me. Allowing you to own a manual only AR or AK is like the British government saying that you can own a LHD Mustang, but only the V6 auto version. There's literally no point other than image.
>>
>>29477928
>government doesn't trust mainlanders

Damn straight, and revolvers are legal in most calibres on the Isle of Man. I'm considering getting one at some point.
>>
>>29477727
In mainland Britain:

>Section 2 Firearms License, commonly just called "shotgun certificate" (SGC)
>Easiest type to get - SHALL ISSUE
>May only own shotguns holding a capacity of no more than 3 shots
>There is no limit on how many or what type of shotguns you own
>Length restriction, must meet or exceed a certain overall as well as barrel lengths

>Section 1 Firearms License, or simply just a "firearms certificate" (FAC)
>Bolt action firearms, semi-auto .22lr, lever actions, shotguns with more than 3 shot capacity, and UK 'carbines' (go google it) all fall under this
>Length restriction, must meet or exceed a certain overall as well as barrel lengths
>You must display a "good reason" to own any and all of the guns you might want (type of action and caliber, what make and model you then get is up to you) that might me sporting purposes or pest control, land management, etc.
>Self defense is not deemed a valid reason
>Depending on where you are, licensing officers are pretty chill with it and will let you have whatever, in places like London, Birmingham, or Manchester... They'll be a lot more anal
>Suppressors or 'Moderators' as we call them have their own slot on the FAC, but are encouraged and easy enough to get.

>If you wish to own a pistol, then Section 7.3 may be for you
>However the pistol must be historically important, whether that means it's an antique, or it's a new and cooler design, both are valid. This means you may own anything from a Webley to even a Glock 17.
>Pistol must be kept EITHER at the range you wish to shoot it at, or at home and never be taken out. Only those with Section 5 licenses may transport 7.3 stuff

>Section 5 - restricted
>Needs authorization from the home sec themselves (In other words - "Lol! no chance m80")
>Full auto, semi center fire, pistols
>Oddly enough, pepper spray and tasers fall into this - Go figure

>Unrestricted firearms
>These are anything in an 'obsolete calibre' that is no longer made, you may own.
>>
>>29477727
>wisconsin usa
>i can own pretty much anything with the right tax stamp
>>
>>29477928

Wasn't there something that was able to bypass the law on a semi-auto?

It was a button press to chamber a round? I think.
>>
>>29478160
Yeah, MARS (google it), it is not as good as semi-auto but its a big fuck you to the law makers and police. It shows that no matter how restrictive things get clever people will always find a way around it via loopholes.
>>
>>29478160
It was an AR15 that locked open on every shot, and had a bolt release lever near where the safety would usually be. (The safety was relocated to the right.)
>>
>>29478134
You are a faggot, fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>29477928
>>29477938
britcucks can own suppressed 50BMG ?

I guess I'm the cuck
>>
>>29477727
this picture is inaccurate. The number of firearms is cherrypicked, showing only the total number of registered sales of firearms, not the total number of actual firearms in current circulation.

Considering the number of weapons destroyed each year, and in the occasional purges, it is safe to say the number is actually much lower than this.
>>
No semi automatic rifles (straight pull action if you want an AR or AK), but you can get things like a semi automatic Saiga 12 with the tacticool features.

The straight pull rifles really wouldn't be hard to convert in a pinch if you really had too, so there's some consolation if things ever go really bad.

I own a No.5 Enfield, a Marlin 1895SBL in .45-70 and a semi auto Saiga 12, had to get two non-family referrals for my certificates and permit and they have to be stored in a safe when not in use, handguns you can't get unless you can prove your life is in danger or something (I didn't want a handgun other than maybe a Webley or Hi-Power).

Really not as bad as it sounds though it must sound absolutely tyrannical to US posters, it was easy to get through the paperwork and they didn't even contact either of my referrals.
>>
>>29478121
>no longer made
So how is it with DIY?
>>
>Anybody on /k/ legally own a gun.

Of course we do. Most of use live in the US where you can legally own most guns. Hell, I got another rifle this weekend.
>>
File: a log on top of a rifle.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
a log on top of a rifle.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
r8 my gun
>>
File: family march 16.jpg (503 KB, 1224x1632) Image search: [Google]
family march 16.jpg
503 KB, 1224x1632
>>29477765

Pardon me good sir?
>>
File: 1243617786713.png (10 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
1243617786713.png
10 KB, 429x410
>>29477727
>Is there anyone on /k/, that legally owns a gun?
Yeah
>What are the restrictions for you guys? I thought your entire country banned guns but I'm being told it is only London
Be over 21 in my state without a violent crime charge. Usually felonies.
>Can you have semi-automatic rifles?
Yeah, and full-auto with licensing.

Subtle bait? Pretty good.
>>
>>29478705
I believe black powder percussion cap guns fall under this category

>mfw Brits go back to 1800s when shtf
>>
>>29478863

Growing your handlebar mustache ready for the end of the world.
>>
File: sex.jpg (65 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
sex.jpg
65 KB, 960x540
>>29478793
>Manual action AR15

Enjoy bolting every shot faggot.

This one shoots over and over again.
>>
>>29478986

What's wrong anon, did an brit fuck your mum?

Have you any other guns or just that AR?
>>
>>29479043
Nah, some lever actions, an 870 12 ga and Kimber 1911.

I'm more just bitching at British govt helping the argument of Western cucks banning anything that could hurt you if you're fucking retarded.
>>
>>29479043
>I'm more just bitching at British govt
No, you are bitching at bongs here that actually own guns and want to improve laws.
>>
>>29479067

Well yeah they do. Both the bans that came in were typical knee jerk reaction to horrible incidents. The ban after Dunblane was particularly dodgy as the guy was a known kiddie fiddler and had some friends in high places.
>>
>>29479118
Alright, bitch. If you're gonna take it personally, there's not much to do for you.
>>
>>29477727
Per hundred people cubed ? what madness is this ?
>>
File: 1457588782790.jpg (102 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
1457588782790.jpg
102 KB, 700x525
>>29477972
No semi autos

Say that to .410 saigas
>>
>>29477928
I need to make an ausfag version of this later on
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.