[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Assuming that you won powerball, how much would it cost to have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: ussflasher[1].jpg (37 KB, 1024x340) Image search: [Google]
ussflasher[1].jpg
37 KB, 1024x340
Assuming that you won powerball, how much would it cost to have a shipyard build a replica of a Gato-class or similar diesel-electric surface running submarine with modern electronics and engines?
>>
I would rather buy a catamaran.
>>
Probably somewhere in the multiple hundreds of millions.
>>
Tree fiddy
>>
>>29468554
>Gato-class
The Phoenix 1000 with 1500 tons displacement costs $90 millions. So Gato class will cost the around that sum for copy looking externally same.
>>
a gorillion dollars.
>>
>>29468554
Why would you want too?
>uncomfortable
>unreliable
>expensive
>smelly
>pussy repelant

Go get a baby yacht for $2,000,000 slap some armor on the bitch and be done with it.
>>
>>29468635
So I can sink boats full of pirates and/or refugees and then submerge when actual navies show up to investigate.

Maybe mess with the Chinese in the South China Sea.
>>
File: 1459616123805.png (161 KB, 359x414) Image search: [Google]
1459616123805.png
161 KB, 359x414
>>29468718
This is such a bad idea I can't even...
>>
>>29468733
Why? How do you think the CIA wants to start WW3?
>>
>>29468718

This just in: redneck who won the lottery uses the money to start a new World War, ruining everything for everyone in the foreseeable future.
>>
>>29468611
>The Phoenix 1000 with 1500 tons displacement costs $90 millions

Have they sold or built a single one of those? or are they just cg render bullshit?
>>
>>29468805
>man sinks a trawler full of felons off the coast of Africa
>suddenly the world is embroiled in war
>>
>>29468857
It's probably more of the "torpedoing a Chinese coast guard ship while it's getting in a Japanese ship's grill" issue.
>>
>>29468915
The Argentinians recently sank a Chinese ship and I don't see shit going down over that.
>>
>>29469029
China doesn't have the force projection to actually do anything to Argentina.

Japan is only a few hundred miles from China.
>>
>>29468718
You can do the same thing with a civilian yacht and a .408.

Seriously it'd be easier to sail around the world with your firearms collection intact then run a sub.

>thinking foreign navy's won't instantly board or destroy an unidentifiable military submarine sitting below an incident site
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.