[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's actually a *silencer* and not a suppressor.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: maximsilpic.jpg (67 KB, 541x360) Image search: [Google]
maximsilpic.jpg
67 KB, 541x360
The invention is quite literally called a silencer by the inventor.
>>
>>29459895
Stop being obtuse. It suppresses sound. It does not silence the report of a discharged weapon.
>>
>>29459920
it doesn't even suppress sound. it's meant to hide muzzle flash more effectively than a brake or compensator.
>>
>>29459920

And I can't open and read several articles in a 30 round STANNAG, but it's still a magazine.
>>
>>29459950
As long as you still jerk off to it, that's close enough for me.
>>
This thread again?

Unless you're compromising ballistics by reducing your rounds to subsonic speed, it's impossible to "silence" firearms.
>>
>>29459950
Thanks, Pearl, that is what I needed right now.
>>
>>29462262
>he doesn't know about shooting people from three feet away
>>
>>29462262
But that doesn't make it not called a silencer.

Unless you actually want to call it a "muzzle report slightlyreducer," just call it what the fucking name is.

>YFW assault rifles don't actually commit assault
>YFW sniper rifles aren't actually for hunting snipes
>>
>>29459895
>>29459920
>>29459929
>>29459950
>>29459977
>>29462262
>>29462295
>>29462322
>>29462398
Why don't we all just give up and call it a 'moderater' like the Brits?
>>
>>29459895
When you are trying to get military contracts back in the day ofcourse you are going to use emotive language to try pursuade people

Its a supressor or moderator because it doesn't "silence' shit

Its like saying a semiauto is an assault rifle because Dianne Feinstein said so
>>
>>29459895
Silencer is a generalized trademark, just like how most people call a cotton swab a Q-tip or an adhesive bandage a Band-Aid.

So it is a Maxim Silencer brand suppressor.
>>
>>29462450
If I wanted to emulate a tea drinking nancy, I'd tie up my balls and bury my face between a moslem's hairy butt cheeks while he was balls deep in my wife.

Otherwise, go back to your rainy island swamp, tory.
>>
>>29462505
I think you meant genericized.
>>
>>29459895
And suppressor more accurately describes its use, and is used by plenty of other manufactures of in in the modern day. Both terms are completely acceptable.
Moderator, muffler, can, lots of other fine terms too.
Don't start calling it a muzzle brake if you could, though.
>>
>>29459895
>being entirely unfamiliar with turn of the century advertising culture
This is the time of literal snake oil. You gave your products huge grandiose names to sell better.

It's a suppressor or a muffler.
>>
Why are we so obsessed with semantics?
>>
Daily reminder that the colloquial misnomer "suppressor" was invented by butthurt mallninjas who were upset that they didn't completely silence the gun.

Get over it fucknuggets.
>>
>>29465132
Where do you think you are?
>>
>>29463306
>muffler
You realize even today cars have silencers right?

It's just a name what is wrong with you people?
>>
>>29459895
the way he used silencer is snake oil
its sounds cool and somewhat pertains to what it does but isn't entirely true
>>
Write suppressor instead of silencer on a Form 1 or 4 and see what happens.
>>
>>29465220
/thread
>>
>>
>>29465275
so much this.

fucking aspies.
>>
>>29465292
>>29465275
Get that reddit shit out of here.
>>
>>29465314
>>>/r8k/
>>
>>29465318
god dammit.
>>
>>29465314
OK when you leaving?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.