[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Uh-oh /k/, how will the police defend themselves from Bad Guys
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
File: huntingrifles.png (16 KB, 638x112) Image search: [Google]
huntingrifles.png
16 KB, 638x112
Uh-oh /k/, how will the police defend themselves from Bad Guys with hunting rifles if every officer isn't equipped with a carbine?
>>
>>29457602
Remove self dinndu
>>
>>29457602
My local sheriffs department has ARs, 870s, 5-7s, and fucking p90s.

Who the fuck thought the 5-7 and p90s were needed to take on the niggers in Paterson is beyond me
>>
File: youwhat.png (75 KB, 566x424) Image search: [Google]
youwhat.png
75 KB, 566x424
>>29457642
>5-7s and p90s
>For a police force
What the fuck?
I...
What?
>>
What's funny is that hunting rifles and their unique calibers are actually more deadly than the average AR.
>>
my county pd seeks out training from former delta operators and we have like 5 murders a year and barely any gang activity. these retards dont even know what their job is anymore.
>>
Why does everyone have a name?
>>
>>29457956
That's the problem with police today. There are way too many of them who treat it as an opportunity to role play as soldiers. They receive military surplus, they refer to non-officers as "civilians," they're basically a bunch of dropouts who want the "badass cred" of being a soldier, but who realized that they could never hack it in the military. So they dress up like soldiers and shoot citizens instead, all while shouting on about "muh fear fur muh life!"
>>
>>29457981
THIS
T
H
I
S

The misuse of the term "civilian" pisses me off, as well as the attitude that comes with it.

Bitch, a cop IS a civilian... Unless he's a member of an occupying army, in which case please direct me to the nearest sectarian revolutionary group.

And I've been fearing this issue for a while. When will grampaw's durr gun become a "high powered long range heat seeking babby killin SNIPER GUN!!"?
>>
>>29457960
Because privacy is outdated, Caaaarl
>>
File: 601px-RoboCop3_6025.jpg (83 KB, 601x326) Image search: [Google]
601px-RoboCop3_6025.jpg
83 KB, 601x326
Battleraifus for po po
>>
>>29457981
Got into an argument with my friend and her bf over this because he is in NYPD and I kept telling him he is a civilian too because he isn't a combatant in a fucking war
>>
>>29457602
Why are cop rifles for protection and civilian rifles for mass murder?
>>
>>29458315
Same reason why a California sherif can say that guns aren't for protection, only violence and intimidation.

>https://youtu.be/-pN2gzeG0MU
>>
Testing name
>>
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 531x471) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 531x471
>>29457642
>needed
Oh look there's that word again...
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 216x272) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 216x272
>>29458380
>>
File: ptr51p (10 of 16).jpg (141 KB, 1000x540) Image search: [Google]
ptr51p (10 of 16).jpg
141 KB, 1000x540
>>29457699
xD I wonder what those cops would say about a .308 pistol. Pic related.

>>29458380
>Guns not for protection because...
>>They are used to imtimidate/show power.
>>Are there for cops to do their job in a SAFE manner.
PICK ONE!
>>
>>29458403
If my taxes are paying for it, you can bet your nigger ass they had better NEED expensive toys with almost no practical use.
>>
>>29458380
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M2CJAUFgIM
>>
>>29458403
They aren't paying for it with their own money, dick for brains
>>
>>29457642
If I was you I'd join the force just for that sweet Belgian hardware.
>>
I'm actually okay with cops having rifles. Like I usually laugh when cops run MRAPS and pretend to be operators, but some cheap production AR's aren't that weird to me. I wouldn't want to respond to a Paris style attack with just a glock.
>>
>>29458380
He's like a fat commisioner gordon...
>>
>>29458642
Also, this doesn't seem to be an issue in most places. The police where my mom lives are suburban, but they all have plates and S&W M&P's in their cruisers. Different cities have different shit I guess.
>>
>>29457602
What's so bad about police having AR's, anon? If they were walking a beat with one I could see your point, but a carbine in the vehicle isn't a bad idea.

>>29457981
Or, you know, if you're going to get training, why get training from less than the best.
>>
>>29459653
I think the point is the statist double standard. What's scary and dangerous for civilians is necessary and proper for agents of the state.

And as to your second point, I think the point is that learning from an expert the best way to wipe out a village of dumbfuck Iraqis has very little applicability to the problems faced my policing a modern American town.

I'm not trying to be all "le snek, le edgy", just hypothesizing
>>
>>29459708
I'm sure the Delta guy is there to teach firearms handling and probably retention during the struggle. Also how best to make dick jokes and piss in your buddies drink.

>I think the point is the statist double standard.
Hence why I said AR's not M4's. You could argue that the SWAT team needs full retard, but everyone else on the force does not.
>>
>>29459911
Fair points. I think the overarching thing is just that the paramilitary attitude/contempt for "civilians" (when they ARE civilians) is kinda disquieting
>>
>>29459911
>>29459949
And just to mention, personally I don't have a problem with cops having a patrol carbine. I agree seeing them walk a beat with one would be a little weird (although back in Prohibition they did just that with Thompsons).

I just don't want to go to prison or on a watchlist because I own a .30-06 and a nugget
>>
>>29458578
Especially if I'm not paying for the ammo.
>>
>>29457699

But what if I have a savage axis in.5.56?
>>
>>29458403

GTFO Rangel. We know you rigged the vote on the Hughes Amendment.
>>
>>29458439
Not sure I'd want one of these without a vertical foregrip. Wouldn't the recoil fuck your bicep/shoulder up?
>>
>>29458018
>>29458076

Liberals got the definition of "civilian" changed to exclude law enforcement.

Not joking. Check websters.
>>
>>29460043
Legal dictionaries still define civilian as any person not part of a military. And those are the ones that count.
>>
>>29460043
I know, that got brought up in the argument and I had to argue that the definition was wrong
>>
>>29460043
Egad, that makes my skin crawl

>>29460092
>those are the ones that count
I hope to God you're right
>>
>>29460043
>Complain that people have "assault weapons" and that only the police and military should have them
>Complain about the militarization of the police
Fucking liberals
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.