[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Handgun Light
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: stockphoto.jpg (32 KB, 736x552) Image search: [Google]
stockphoto.jpg
32 KB, 736x552
I just picked up a G19 Gen 4 and felt I should get a light for it, seeing as it's my home defense gun, may need to see at night. What does /k/ regard as a decently priced light that isn't complete shit? I don't need anything too operator.
>>
>>29441145
TLR-1 is perfect for in the home at 200 lumens. Top of the line is Surefire X300U-B but it's a bit bright at 600 lumens
>>
>>29441145

TLR
>>
>>29441170
>a bit bright
thats debatable. there a lot of factors that go into flashlight brightness
>>
File: 1455595756507.jpg (605 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
1455595756507.jpg
605 KB, 1200x800
>>29441145
X C 1

C

>>
>>29441211
>there a lot of factors that go into flashlight brightness

Considering the op wants a gun for home defense, yes. 600 fucking loomins is a bit bright for his needs.
>>
>>29441251
Those hands are like shovels
>>
>>29441266
you have no idea what OPs home is like. maybe he was dark colored walls. maybe he has white walls.
maybe he has large rooms and long hallways.
maybe an apartment.
again, there are a lot of factors at play. i just simply want to stress that you cant judge a weapons light on lumen rating alone.
heres one of many articles on weapons lights
>http://www.surefire.com/how_to_choose_weaponlights
>>
>>29441266
>>29441358
Do some of these have a light/bright mode where I could switch?
>OP's home
I'm still in school and renting a small house 2/1 built in the 1940's with varying wall colors room to room.
>>http://www.surefire.com/how_to_choose_weaponlights
Thanks for the link
>>
>>29441145
I'm curious bout this too.

Anyone got any opinions on the OEM Glock light or combo laser/light?
>>
>>29441170
>>29441266
>not pointing the gun at the floor or ceiling and letting splashback and scatter illuminate the entire room at once without giving a definite beam to shoot at
>not doing one or two second bursts of illumination during movement
>not wanting the target's eyeballs to get raped when you turn off the light, acquire sight picture in their direction, and then turn it on again while screaming your war chant

Nobody who's taken a low light shooting course in the past decade still sweeps walls with their weaponlight or spergs out about 500-600 lumens on a light.

If it still bootyblasts you, there's add on diffuser filters or even hazy scotch tape on the lens that can act as a scatter filter to spread the beam into a ten foot wide cone instead of having such a large hot spot.
>>
>>29441266
this is how I can tell you're misinformed

for home defense the brighter the light the better, not only does it give you better situational awareness, but it can also be used for temporarily blinding a would be intruder/assailant.
Brighter directly == better
>>
>>29441297
Don't let the shoop fool you, that's actually a G40 an old insight LAM-1000
>>
>>29441145
My department issues the TLR1. It's bretty gud. I change the batteries every 5 months or so.
>>
>>29441251
Came here to post this.

It was literally designed for your Glock 19 OP. It's the perfect weapon light.
>>
>>29441145
NCSTAR for 20 amazon
>>
>>29441145
The New TLR-1 HL is 800 lumens compared to the old 630 lumens. Call streamlight and they will give you the serial # of the last 630 model. Everything after that will be 800. I'm thinking on getting the TLR-1 HL over the surefire 300 ultra. I find the strobe option attractive.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.