[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has there ever been a firearm that employs miniature ordinance
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Screenshot_2015-08-27-19-42-03.png (3 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-08-27-19-42-03.png
3 MB, 1440x2560
Has there ever been a firearm that employs miniature ordinance that lodges itself in the target and then detonates? The idea is akin to tasers that shoot metal prongs into the target and then deliver electricity but the prongs are replaced with shaped charges with can be detonates at will. Picture unrelated.
>>
A .50 cal
>>
Certain fuze/warhead combinations offer variable penetration settings.
>>
Attaching, waiting, and detonating looks cool, but detonating on impact is far more practical and reliable.
>>
>>29431757
While true that round obliterates anything it's pointed at I was looking for something more controlled. You made me lol though
>>
>>29431784
You are correct and in a combat situation even more so. But I am more interested in the engineering aspect and was wondering if it had become before.
>>
It is called hallowed point dumbass

When it penetrates it becomes shrapnel
>>
>>29431722
There's that WW2 explosive ammo.

Look up videos of it on youtube.

>>29431793
Actually he's talking about the HE options for .50 bmg you occasionally see at like a gun show.

Kind of a grey zone because not really available to public and said explosive amount is under the legal limit but only just.
>>
>>29432633
>under the legal limit
>gray area
fucking pick one you federalist bootlicker
>>
>>29431722
>pic unrelated
I want to penetrate then obliterate her so it is very related.
>>
>>29433421
I feel you muhh nigga.
>>
>>29431817
It was done in the American civil war. The original idea was the bullet exploded before the target making more projectiles. Then the war was fought at closer range than anticipated. This led to bullets exploding inside soldiers. Which was then abandoned because even in the midst of one of the bloodiest conflicts in history the average moral compass considered this too much. The quote was something like "its bad enough to shoot a man, but to blow him up after is unseemly".

Fast forward a few generations... this thread. Dont forget potasium buckshot too.

We all ain't being raised right.
>>
Didn't Hinckley Jr. shoot Reagan with exploding .22 bullets?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.