[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /k/ I`m going to do a speech on how bad gun control is and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 9
File: nXhQLRs.jpg (60 KB, 585x443) Image search: [Google]
nXhQLRs.jpg
60 KB, 585x443
Hi /k/ I`m going to do a speech on how bad gun control is and the professor is allowing me to use shocking imagery and video during the presentation. Post something I can use to horrify fence sitters into buying a gun.
>>
I was going to use this infamous video of South African Police gunning down this mob, but then I realized the cops were justified in the shooting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm1GSrcilDs
>>
Suck my pongus, kid.
>>
>>29431461
Look what happend in Beijing in 1989
>>
Britain c. now
>>
You can also quote the Dalai Lama, the Pope, Gandhi, etc on why you need guns to defend yourself and kill communists that want to steal your land and property.
>>
Use footage of that lady in new jersey who got home invaded and had her nanny cam record everything. Then post fbi statistics that show that armed resistance has the lowest rate of injury for the victims of violent crime.
>>
Reginald Denny beating.
>>
>>29431461

In would say the mass killings of the Nazis or the mass killings of the Soviets, or the mass killings of the Khmer Rouge, or any other mass killings by militaries or police by states against unarmed people.

But there are two types of people in America: those that understand that the Second Amendment is to prevent the rise of tyranny (Cornwallis in the Revolution maybe?) and those that think that just because RIGHT NOW you aren't being oppressed that is the way things will always be and THE CHILDREN!! THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!!!
>>
That is immensely counterproductive.

Shock tactics only serve to make the sharing party seen disingenuous. This is why even the bullet button guys look like clowns when they take out their guns.

You should talk more about how possessing a firearm does not make you a killer, about how Australia's gun cringe has not dropped in any meaningful way, about how criminals are not discouraged by gun penalties because they do not intend to get caught, and how many gun laws are not written to make sense but to trap innocent citizens into felony-tier offenses; IE the nfa
>>
File: image.jpg (160 KB, 1500x1012) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
160 KB, 1500x1012
>>29431474
Check that firing lane at 0:21. Capt. CeaseFire almost got capped too.
>>
File: 58852252.jpg (57 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
58852252.jpg
57 KB, 600x400
>>29431487
I can`t seem to find any quality video of soldiers vs students so I think I may have to pass on that one.

>>29431504
Thats gonna be the big shocker for the presentation, I find that most people seem to have the attitude of "Well I`ve never been involved in a revolution or what not, why would I need a AR-47???" Then bam, the cries of a woman as she`s merciously beatean into the ground.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU0EJS3cJIc

>>29431541
The holocaust is also going to be a focus but that seems too far in the past for anyone to really feel for it.

>>29431555
In previous presentations that I`ve done for this class everyone seems to tune out unless something flashy grabs their attention. Statistics are still a part of the presentation I just need some brutality showing why you need a gun.

>>29431559
In their defense it`s not like they trained to gun down a hoard of angry miners.
>>
File: Teach Your Daughters.jpg (22 KB, 264x280) Image search: [Google]
Teach Your Daughters.jpg
22 KB, 264x280
>>29431461
Op, you need to find videos of women being assaulted/robbed, and contrast it with stories about women defending their lives from such assaults.
How the fuck else is an 85lb grandma going to protect herself? Mention the recent supreme court ruling in which Illinois arrested a woman for having a stunt gun to protect herself from get abusive ex!

Tell them the truth: that is what "common sense" gun control leads to: The state sending armed men to imprison an abused woman who used a stun gun to protect herself.
>>
If the focus is on the Holocaust you definitely have to talk about the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising.
>>
>>29431659
Correction, Massachusetts. It's easy to confuse freedom hating, victim blaming states.
>>
>>29431659
Her hand placement really bothers me for some reason.
>>
>>29431474
shoot
retreat
shoot
retreat
shoot
retreat
shoot
retreat

repeat until dangerously behind CO
>>
>>29431620
If the holocaust is too far in the past then you could use the Rwandan genocide.

Bonus points cause it involves blacks.

Speaking of blacks, make sure to mention Huey P. Newton/black panthers and other self defense groups that were started to defend black neighborhoods from the KKK and racial violence. MLK was into guns too I think.
>>
>>29431461
That video during hurricane Katrina when the feds are going door to door for guns and a fed breaks a Lil old ladies face while she's being interviewed
>>
>>29431474
Is it just me or did only the black cops shoot? That gweilo with the scoped rifle looked panicked.
>>
>>29431461
https://youtu.be/DvvgzQ-Itog?t=30s
30s onwards if the time stamp doesn't work.

Mention that California is incredibly anti-gun, but this shit still happens.
>>
>>29431555
>playing nice and fair while liberal antigun media pulls every trick in the book on shock tactics and subliminal messages.
Yea, fuck that. And before you come down on me, I respect where you're coming from and I ideally would want fair and equal arguments, but we're already playing this game with one hand tied behind our backs and the fence sitters are too emotionally driven and ignorant on the subject, so you can't just throw data in their faces and expect them to digest it all. The smart ones would already look at both sides of the argument and filter out the bullshit, but you got to take a page out of the sensationalist media's playbook. Hey, they're succeeding, so I wouldn't scoff at the tactic.

Also OP, you can also grab those 911 calls where the caller stays on the phone with gun in hand.
2 good ones come to mind:
>The one with the elderly lady with a shotgun and the crazy guy trying to get into her house.
>The lady who locked herself in the bathroom, then you actually hear the bad guy come in and start assualting her, then you hear a gunshot and the guy on the ground confusingly asking "what was that? What was that?!"

Then there's the vid of the crazy guy with a fucking machete that kicked down that door and the guy shoots him.

All these good, because you also hear the aftermath where the shooters are all shaken up and that shows that these legal gun owners are not crazy psychos, they are everyday people who got caught up in bullshit and are alive because they had a gun to defend their lives.
>>
>>29432440
yup, MLK applied but was denied a CC Permit.

now who would want to deny him that? (sarcasm)
>>
>>29432991
Seconded
>>
File: 1459083621121.jpg (229 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
1459083621121.jpg
229 KB, 1280x853
>>29431461
I'd say to show do what >>29431504 said, along with another video of a woman getting robbed/mugged/whatever and then shooting the criminal instead of getting the shit kicked out of her and say something like "which would you choose?" or some stupid shit like that

>pic unrelated just a kitty
>>
>>29434755
so which of his 3rd or 4th hands should the guy have pulled the gun with when the guy with the knife is already on top of him, and he's trying to fend off with both hands?

That's no more evidence "why you should carry" than "why you shouldn't open the door to people"
>>
>>29431620
wasn't there a notorious event in the 70's/80's in good ol America where student protestors were shot by nasty girls or something like that? all I remember is a picture in the history books of some kid laying face down in a pool of blood as some woman was hunched over his body screaming
>>
>>29434611
As much as I don't want to sound like an SJW.

Racism, was very real in the United States government, and to some degrees is still present today.

As a side note, I've always wondered if the whole liberal line of welfare and special treatment for blacks is a sort of evolved form of the 'white mans burden' thinking from the 19th century.
>>
>>29435319
you're talking about the kent state massacre.
>>
>>29435352
that's the one
>>
>>29434802
Maybe the assault wouldn't have happened if the knife guy saw the gun or he could have shot him before they appear on camera. The libs draw shit conclusions from partial data for emotional reactions so should you.
>>
>>29434802

There were tons of times when he could have used a hand to draw and shoot.
>>
>>29431498

Could you please share the Dalai Lama one(s)?
>>
>>29431461
But anon if guns were illegal those bad guys kicking people wouldn't have them.
>>
>>29434755

Christ, that is terrible.
>>
>>29435506
http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=20010515&slug=dalai15m0
>>
>>29435564
But if guns were illegal then other people wouldn't have guns and you wouldn't need one.
>>
>>29431461

I honestly think emotion is one of the weakest things to use in debate because using logic works much better, especially to people who are not already that emotionally invested in the topic.

You could get the legit stats from the FBI how ALL rifles are the least used guns in crimes, how a lot of gun deaths are in fact suicides not homicides, and how compared to the rest of the world America really isn't, in most places, that violent, especially in areas of minimum gun control.

I would look for some videos of people like Diana Feinstein lying about guns and wanted to confiscate them. I think that kind of stuff would convince people who were paying attention or were unaware that some government officials are lying to them about guns.

Also point out of Assault weapons and assault rifles are 2 different things, how one is a real thing and the other is just emotional dribble,
>>
File: 1459290836719.gif (1024 KB, 242x227) Image search: [Google]
1459290836719.gif
1024 KB, 242x227
>>29435575
what makes you happy in life
>>
>>29431461
No disrespect to you but you should be doing your review on how gun control needs to be REFORMED.

What we need are less strict laws that allow the public to buy what they want while also providing better background checks to weed out criminal/mentally incapable wanna-be owners.

The state of gun control in the U.S. now really seems to encourage illegal sales; I have a neighbor, who is a very strong Christian, that refuses to buy any firearm if he has to fill out paperwork because of how things currently are. The odd thing is I, also being a Christian, really can't find fault in his argument.

If I were you I'd start calling advocates from both sides and ask them the same questions, get their responses, and start your report from there.
>>
>>29435564
>Not at the head, where a fatal wound might result. But at some other body part, such as a leg.

That's surprising. I doubt he told his monks to "shoot to wound" when the Chinese invaded. Just trying to be PC I guess.
>>
>>29432771
It's just you.
>>
>>29435640
I think the message remains, he just doesn't know much about proper firearms use or methods of self defense (because he's the Buddha incarnate). either way he advocates the use of guns for self defense, so I can forgive the lack of knowledge
>>
>>29431461
You're in college bro.

So your argument is gonna have to be that "weak minorities" are the ones most effected by gun control (women, gays, old people, blacks, etc).

And if you support gun control, you hate those groups.
>>
>>29432991
this would be good
>>
>>29434755
Christ this is why we we lynched niggers
>>
>>29435712

Make sure to focus on women in particular.

The girls will be sacred. Mention sexual assault rates for bonus points. Make sure to get the inflated ones.

The guys will be hit in the feels. Mention girlfriends for bonus points.
>>
mention the case where the liberal college professor had his daughter and wife raped while he cried in a closet.
>>
>>29435843
Source
>>
>>29434755
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
>>
>>29435634
>while also providing better background checks to weed out criminal/mentally incapable wanna-be owners.
This meme again. Why are they out of prison if we already know they're going to commit another crime. As for mentally ill, fuck this shit. Forget the abuse capability of this (those evil right wing nutjobs are to crazy to own a gun :^) ), I don't want to be told i can't own a gun because I don't have a thriving facebook social life.
>>
Your ability to sway any minds will rely on you carefully selecting scenarios that won't perturb their libcuck sensibilities. That means no dindus or white males doing the shooting.

Maybe play the 911 call of the girl who got her shit wrecked by a monkey. Alternatively, stand there and tell everyone to picture getting their face ripped off by an escaped chimp, and then say absolutely nothing for 15 minutes and then break the silence and say that's how long it would take for the police to get there and do something.

Another good 911 call might be the one where a woman has her family murdered by the MAD border militia who just assumed they were drug dealers. The two points to bring up here are that
1) She only survived because she was able to shoot one of them with a legal handgun
2) The man who killed her husband and daughter was a Neo Nazi convicted felon who obtained his gun illegally
>>
File: 1387179743015.jpg (31 KB, 449x311) Image search: [Google]
1387179743015.jpg
31 KB, 449x311
>>29435858
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheshire,_Connecticut,_home_invasion_murders

I kinda fucked up, he was a respected doctor, he was beaten and tied up, but he still escaped while his family was raped and murdered.

All of this happened because the cops took their time trying to find out what was going on.
>>
>>29435937
even more fuel to OP's fire.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_v._District_of_Columbia
The courts found that police aren't obligated to protect you even if you're being violently raped.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.