[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much practice to be a better shooter?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: 1445063836085.jpg (369 KB, 1024x773) Image search: [Google]
1445063836085.jpg
369 KB, 1024x773
Would going to the range once or twice a month be enough? How important is the rifle? My only semi-auto right now is an sks, and I do "ok" with it same for my 1911. How would I guage when I need a newer rifle or handgun?
>>
File: bill_clinton_thumbs_up_AP.jpg (33 KB, 475x356) Image search: [Google]
bill_clinton_thumbs_up_AP.jpg
33 KB, 475x356
>>29431102
i was gunna give you advice, but then I remembered that I dont have any guns and only come on this board to look at cool pictures.
>>
>>29431102
Do you have any other rifles? You only mentioned semi auto. Do you own a bolt fun?
>>
>>29432186
I got a 7.62x51 mauser, but expensive to shoot.
>>
File: 1447955441703.jpg (320 KB, 2048x1357) Image search: [Google]
1447955441703.jpg
320 KB, 2048x1357
>>29432050
>cool pictures.
>>
You really don't "need" anything newer in terms of handgun as a 1911 is pretty adequate even in todays times. As for a rifle a simple ak-47 or AR would be fine. Buy them whenever you want though because you'll have to train with them either way since they're different than an sks.
>>
OP the 1911 gets alot of shit but it's not terrible. Just shoot it and dry fire it. When you're making 1" groupings at 15 yards with it you should be "good". At that point try and keep you're groupings tight AF but speed up how fast you can shoot
>>
>>29434371
>. Buy them whenever you want though because you'll have to train with them either way since they're different than an sks.
Can the SKS be used until I get the fundamentals down?
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 300x300
>>29431102
What range are you shooting at? What are you shooting, groups or just blasting soda bottles/steel plates?

Maybe get a set of tech sights for your SKS, these will enable you to shoot more accurately as they are more precise.
>>
>>29435821
Yep, you can go your whole life with just the SKS and be fine. It's a good rifle. Feel free to love it and wait until later to get new guns. Ammo is a better purchase.
>>
>>29431102

Dry fire, dry fire, dry fire. Put a black push pin on the wall as your POA. Choose the center-fire rifle of choice.

Every night, put up 10 rounds standing, 10 rounds kneeling, 10 rounds prone. Start with a gentle pull, and try and make it exactly 10 seconds from start to click.
>>
>>29432050
I do the same, such is life as a eurocuck.
God i want to move.
>>
>sitting on top of a mountain in the wilderness
>has an eotech

you do not operate
>>
>>29435890
I've known about these for several years now, and I recognize their value...but I hate how you have to remove it to clean.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.