[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I wanna apply got a gun license, but i live in NYC. Is it gonna
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3
File: glock-26gen4-33-16-9-1024x677.jpg (230 KB, 1024x677) Image search: [Google]
glock-26gen4-33-16-9-1024x677.jpg
230 KB, 1024x677
I wanna apply got a gun license, but i live in NYC. Is it gonna be hard to get one? I only got arrested for a misdemeanor when I was a minor and my record was sealed because of it.
>>
>>29425571
>Is it gonna be hard to get one?
Nearly impossible unless you are filthy rich.
>>
>>29425593
Why does NYC make it so fucking hard?
>>
Even with a squeaky clean record, an Ivy League degree, 9001 hours of community service, and personally taking a bullet for the mayor's daughter....

They still won't issue you a CC.
>>
>>29425653
What about just ownership? I always wanted to be a gun owner and it sucks that they make it so fucking hard.
>>
>>29425607
its literally liberal gun grabber ground zero. All the big dogs live there. Ive heard if you can argue you need it for work (like youre in charge of moving money or something) its a little easier but still expensive and long
>>
File: barney fife.jpg (26 KB, 286x385) Image search: [Google]
barney fife.jpg
26 KB, 286x385
>>29425571
are current or former LEOs or related jobs exempt from this?
>>
>>29425688
Fuck. I'm only 21 and in college still so I'm fucked.
>>
>>29425667
Move out of the fucking city. How people leave there is beyond me.
>>
>>29425721
I love this city, man. It's beautiful. I was raised here so It's hard to imagine leaving. Although I will be moving to LA in 3-4 years if my career choice works out for me.
>>
Takes 7-9 months in nyc to get an ownership pistol. Nobody cares if you are rich or ghetto, black, blue, magenta. None of that matters dont worry op. Its hell for everybody. You WONT get a carry permit. They just wont give you. Good luck, fight cuomo/libershitters with us and get that premis pernit!
>>
>>29425688
Actually its in every detectives duty to seize legally ownedf guns. Like 3 a year quota.

All of it is a pain even for LEO/mil/alphabet soup
>>
>>29425571

>Living in NYC

You have to live in America to have constitutional rights.
>>
>>29425787
That's all I want. to own it. I don't care to carry it around. I eventually want to have a vintage/WW1+2 gun collection
>>
>>29425667
where the hell can you shoot in NYC?
>>
>>29425856
Could always use it for home defense.
>>
>>29425571

Former NYCer here.

Depends on what precinct you're in. If you're in East harlem and your name is Jamal, 0%. If you're in new lots and your name is Sir Edward VonGoodman III, 100% for long guns.

Pistol you probably won't get.

CC you absolutely will never get.
>>
>>29425868

>CC you absolutely will never get.

You ever see that episode of Stossel where he applies for a CCW in NYC and is refused one even after showing the police all of the death threats he receives? They jerked him around forever also before the denial.

Made me kek.
>>
>>29425733
>if my career choice works out for me
Stop while your still ahead OP
>>
>>29425868
I actually really would prefer a long guns license over a handgun one.
>>
>>29425925
Why? Is LA worse than NYC?
>>
>>29425930

Then you might get one but probably not. Your age, sealed record are against you.

You will have at least one interview with a cop and he will judge you.
>>
>>29425969
Is the sealed record really gonna hurt me? It was just a misdemeanor. I was like 16 or 17.
>>
>>29425989

They are literally looking for any reason to deny you
>>
>>29426007
That upsets me. It's one of my dreams to own a Mosin-Nagant
>>
>>29425989
Tell them you're gay and you want it for personal defense against homophobia.
>>
>>29425868
Can't believe an area like this exists in America... how has this not been struck down as unconstitutional???
>>
>>29426030
That would actually work, too probably.
>>
>>29426053

NYC is a literal police state.
>>
>>29426100
Maybe not a literal one.
>>
>>29426056

NYCer here again

DO NOT SAY YOU NEED IT FOR SELF DEFENSE

it's for hunting in the fall upstate and occasional target shooting at Blue mountain sportsman center in westchester. Period.
>>
http://newyorkcityguns.com/getting-a-nyc-handgun-permit/
>>
>>29425733
>Although I will be moving to LA
>from NYC
you're moving from one liberal gun fuck city to another.
>>
>>29425667
You need a license just to own a gun in nyc.
>>
>>29425571
>cannot type a coherent sentence without multiple misspellings and third grade grammar
>is a criminal
>in NYC
Yeah it's going to be impossible. Have fun.
>>
>>29425700
No
>>
>>29426272

Current yes and former leos are expedited and almost always approved
>>
>>29425571
if you want to get a gun and live in NY near NYC then your best hope is to move into the lower Hudson Valley. I've lived in there my entire life and its nice. You can get CCW here relatively easily if you claim you carry very valuable items

>>29426053
Nobody has the fucking balls to touch it.

>>29426138
It is a police state in everything but name
>>
A "premises" license for a handgun or a long gun is not impossible to get.

A CCW lol no.

If you want to go the retard route you can order a black powder revolver online. You cannot own the stuff needed to make it fire.

But you know, you can order primers and lead ball just fine. And you can manufacture black powder with basic materials. You only need charcoal and saltpeter for "smokeless" black powder, which is harder to ignite.
>>
Side note: If you get licensed then the poh leez are entitled to search your residence for compliance. It's actually easier on the blood pressure to get an illegal gun in NYC.
>>
Texan here, why is any of this allowed? Seriously, this is unconstitutional as fuck
>>
>>29425856

There's a SINGLE gun range in NYC called Westside somethingsomething. You can rent a .22 without a license. Must be 21. Rent prices are insane.
>>
>>29426635
Maybe you should tell your senators to fill up the fucking supreme Court before all the gun cases get deadlocked 4-4
>>
>>29425571
Aren't state peace and police officers exempt too?
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.