[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /k/ think of flow-through suppressors? I'm a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: internals.jpg (87 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
internals.jpg
87 KB, 1280x720
What does /k/ think of flow-through suppressors?
I'm a bit out of the loop, so apologies in advance if this has been discussed to death already

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCzo1z4EcLg
>>
>>29412614
is that some new kind of dragon dildo
>>
Mite b cool. Looks like it would be absolutely heinous to clean though.
>>
>>29412645
i agree, I think you would have to buy a sonic cleaner and run some pretty clean powder through it
>>
Seems like a solid idea if it works. Suppressor blowback is a real issue and reducing it would definitely not be a gimmick.
>>
>>29412614
pretty fookin' cool

but you could probably do the same with a spring-loaded door that will close and contain some of the pressure for a small length of time

not even sure which would be worse for barrel harmonics, jet engine fins rotating of a baffle sliding forward?
>>
>>29412817
i suppose a baffle compressing against a spring slapping forward (or gently pressing forward) would mitigate recoil just like rotating fins
>>
>>29412887
What about a rhythmic slapping?
>>
>>29412937
I'm sure that can be accomplished.

When the gas compresses the spring by moving the baffle and thereby trapping some of the gas, it will surely spring back into place.

A few considerations could limit this effect, namely:

>short length of travel for the sliding baffle
>bleed-off holes exposed to the trapped gasses
>>
Pointless video. What does reliable auto fire tells us? Fucking nothing relevant to what the suppressors is supposed to do.
>>
File: 1458924874589.jpg (53 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
1458924874589.jpg
53 KB, 700x525
OSS has been doing the flow through can for a while now. I've heard they deliver on the reduced back pressure, but they don't suppress all that great. Funnily enough, IIRC the founder jut resigned as well as all the top engineers due to disagreements between what they offer and what their investors want them to make.
>>
>>29412614
Flow-throughs are a bad choice for civilian ownership. Their real claim to fame is the greatly reduced backpressure.
>heavy
>loud
>generally more expensive than regular cans, which are already expensive
But they have a niche where they're pretty good.
>machine guns and magnum caliber precision rifles
You'll never get either of those anywhere close to hearing safe with any can design, you'll generally never shoot subsonic ammo through them, and the greatly reduced backpressure will help with accuracy for the precision rifle and keeping a sane cyclic rate for the machineguns.
>>
>>29412614
Would it be possible to make a suppressor out of a dragon dildo?
>>
>>29413184
Stick one on the end of a gun and fire and report back with the results.
>>
>>29413122
I would say that being able to fire an AR-15 in a 10x10 concrete room on full auto without earpro is pretty damn effective
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.