[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are the ROK so shit? They have done nothing but take dis
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
Why are the ROK so shit? They have done nothing but take disproportionately high losses in every recent engagement with Best Korea, a literal third world state. The Armed Forces of the Philippines could easily master them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Battle_of_Yeonpyeong
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ROKS_Cheonan_sinking
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombardment_of_Yeonpyeong
>>
>>29398205

none of those were battles.

ROK could roll over DPRK in a heartbeat. then they'd have millions of starved peasants with no infrastructure to deal with, causing its economy to go into a tailspin it might not recover from for a century. plus China would lose its buffer state. everyone loses. fuck the Kim family, those incompetent shitheads.
>>
>>29398307
yeah sure3 nice storio
>>
>>29398307
>millions of starved peasants with no infrastructure to deal
Goddamn there is so much wrong with this, I'm going to have to do a writeup to btfo these myths one of these days
>>
>>29398205
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Battle_of_Yeonpyeong
>North Koreans open fire on South Koreans without provocation
>They still take more casualties than the South Koreans

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ROKS_Cheonan_sinking
>South Korean boat sinks through unknown means, but likely because of a North Korean midget submarine again opening fire without provocation

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombardment_of_Yeonpyeong
>North Korea opens fire on South Korea without provocation, again
>I just realized this is probably bait, fuck
>>
>>29398307
And a Seoul flattened by nork artillery.
>>
>>29398388
Maybe a block flattened until ROK counter-arties the NORKs to shit.
>>
>>29398314
Feel free to write something no one will take seriously because you have no clue what the fuck you're talking about.
>>
>>29398388
Actually a misnomer, the long guns that can actually reach soul are few and far between, and the ROK practices counter battery ops religiously.

It gets worse when you look at the history of the north attacks. Very inaccurate with a very high failure rate of shells exploding.
>>
stupid fat decadent south korean """"""""""""""soldiers""""""""""""""" are fat and decadent like their western allies. there is no way they could defeat glorious leaders loyal and blessed army of defense .... we will nuke all of you from submarines you watch
>>
File: cao cao laugh.webm (585 KB, 572x400) Image search: [Google]
cao cao laugh.webm
585 KB, 572x400
>>29398205
Literally holding back, every time the ROK decided to hand the shit right back the Norks got fucking wrecked.

>>29398314
Please do so because I know there's at least one analyst who lurks here and comes out on occasion. I'd love to see that anon smash your anus, especially since the Norks are still starving on occasion and they really, really do not have infrastructure to deal with a sustained conflict. (civil engineer here, I posted in another thread about why their roads are shit)
>>
>>29398412
>(civil engineer here, I posted in another thread about why their roads are shit)
Do you mind either elaborating here or directing me to that post? I'd like to learn more.
>>
>>29398412
>Norks are still starving on occasion
You keep saying that but you're still wrong :^)

But please, keep calling them peasants, your CNN rhetoric is showing up nicely
>>
>>29398412
https://desustorage.org/k/

find the analysts post in archive?
>>
>>29398435
>peasants
Is the preferred term proles now or something?
>>
>>29398476
Plebeians, anon. Good god, we're not communists, after all.
>>
>>29398429
Was on a different board, but I posted some pictures showing off their roads and why they would fail when used heavily. For the nearly non-existent traffic they get now they're fine, sure, but their roads are just plain dirt with asphalt on top and sometimes it's not even that. Sometimes it's just a raised bed of dirt.

There was a picture of a flood that took out a chunk of highway, you could see how they had just placed the highway over the regular soil with a layer of dirt (this is actually how roads are made but they're done in several layers for stability and not with loose dirt) and the water had undermined it so bad the highway collapsed. I think I also pointed out severe structural defects in some type of massive roadway likely outside of Pyongyang, it had multiple lanes but you could just see immediately that there was absolutely no support below the pavement.

>>29398435
You're the one who made the claim they're not, I'd love to see the proof.

>>29398446
Man it was either last year or the year before, I really don't even know where to begin. They pull shit all the time and make the news, so there's inevitably a thread about it.
>>
>>29398476
No!

Its " highly intellegent and learned free citizens of North Korea! WHERE EVERY DAY IS SUNNY!"
>>
>>29398488
Communist? God no!

At least the commies made a token effort to feed and cloath their people!
>>
>>29398489
>Was on a different board, but I posted some pictures showing off their roads and why they would fail when used heavily
What do you mean by fail? Turn into 2 foot deep mud?
>>
>>29398502
>What do you mean by fail?
Imagine that road for a moment, every wheel that goes over it is doing two things: compressing the structure and basically adding in vibrations. First-world countries usually have a special mixture of ballast material that resists this, a lot of it made of sand or gravel or something... you know, stuff that doesn't really compress easily. Dirt is squishy, and since the dirt is raised above the surrounding terrain it does have a place to go rather than just being packed down into the ground.

So okay, these roads are being pushed around and vibrated which makes them less stable but there are also other forces at work. When you move a car or a truck over the top of something you create a pressure wave in that structure. These pressure waves are normally negated by having multiple layers of materials that make the road really stable, but a single material (and one that's conductive to these disturbances) will just crumble to pieces.

I'm really paraphrasing here but you probably get the gist of it. They do have the drainage thing figured out though, so kudos to the Norks on that one.
>>
>>29398526
There's a tourist who secretly took pics in nork. He showed nork people wearing expensive clothes walking to and fro at the Pyong yang train station just to show as if it is a busy place. When in actuality, the train the tourist was on, was the only one in service. You have here a pariah nation laid prostate by famine and economic disaster. The only card they have is bluffing. That nuke is probably not even real.
>>
>>29398673
"... laid prostate..." *prostrate?

Hmmm, actually probably correct term
>>
>>29398673
The place is certainly a complete fucking mess but the nukes are just about real, however also pretty damn small yield wise, to the extent that spending the same budget on either more conventional spam or just making their existing conventional spam work would probably get them a significantly more useful asset. Not that either would help them in a resumption of full scale combat given the ridiculous balance of power against them, but maybe it would buy them a few more hours instead of insuring they get freedom cock rammed extra far down their throat, which using even a small shitty nuke would.
As for ever getting to the stage where they could have a decent yield weapon, regardless of ability to deliver it I really doubt that would be allowed to happen. Either overtly or covertly USA/China/Worst Korea would eliminate the capability, having a actually seriously nuclear armed Best Korea is in none of those countries interests, if they ever get to that point it wont last, but frankly given how long it's taken them to get barely a finger onto the bottom rung of the nuclear ladder it's not something we're likely to be worrying about soon.
>>
>>29398205
I wasn't aware North Korea could afford to give out 50c
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.