[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
did australia really do anything important during the vietnam war?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 8
File: australia.jpg (127 KB, 950x534) Image search: [Google]
australia.jpg
127 KB, 950x534
did australia really do anything important during the vietnam war?
>>
>>29390948
does australia ever do anything important?
>>
No. Their SF was highly effective, but their infantry didn't really achieve anything that any of the other nationalities in Vietnam didn't do as well. Australian and NZ war vets like to trot out a lot of fuddlore about how the Vietcong feared them in particular because, unlike the Americans, they didn't wear strong cologne and have loud conversations while patrolling, but its all ultimately all masturbation to impress their kids. Its basically the ANZAC equivalent of "muh debil dawgz".
>>
>>29390948
I've heard they held their weight when called on, unlike the fuckin british in WWI and ever engagement after that.

now days all ausfailia does is shit up 4chinz, poop out a few hotties for VS and SI swimsuit, and have a few decent looking actresses for joolywood.

oh, and everything there wants to kill you.
>>
>>29390948

Ignoring the obligatory posts by fifteen year old civvies, yes.

They stalked Charlies with Henry AR-7's using suppressors and shit. Lots of low-reg to no-reg operators made those jungles their bitch and came home with necklaces of yellow man's tongues and ears.
>>
>>29391025
>Things Australians made up to sound relevant.
>>
>>29391005
americans wanted more NZers and aussies there for a reason faggot, Always been better soldiers man for man than americans
>>
>>29391888

Yeah it totally wasn't because it's cheaper to use more than one nation. Since South Korea sent more troops than the kiwis and the aussies that must mean ROK forces take shits on those guys all day every day.
>>
>>29390948
Important? No.

Did they put up a heck of a fight? Yes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Long_Tan
>>
>>29391888
The only difference between them was the Australians and NZers had no draft, so the people who were in Vietnam chose to be there. Otherwise they weren't appreciably different from americans, but I guess that doesn't support the muh diggers narrative you've been brought up on; so believe what you want.
>>
>>29391086

Photographic evidence exists. You're free to look it up. It doesn't matter to me, I hate the Aussies, but you give credit where it is due and in Vietnam their SOF units did contribute heavily the the Total Force.
>>
>>29391888
>he doesn't know it just makes americas benis bigger when it can totally just boss around countries and make them join wars they have no reason to be in

whatever u have to tell urself tho
>>
>>29391957

The only thing I can consent to is the fact the Commonwealth nations had the superior battle rifle
>>
>>29391957
>The only difference between them was the Australians and NZers had no draft,
Wut. There was conscription for Vietnam in Australia.
>>
>>29391888
Yeah man, its totes because they're all super soldiers down south! Definitely not them just using disposable colony faggots as cannon fodder like in Gallipoli.
>>
>>29391974

Please share photos of the body part necklaces they made.
>>
>>29391936
ROK was vastly more effective than the shitposters. They had just finished dealing with guerillas and came to Nam with grudge against commits and made their zones safe.
>>
1ATF dominated PhuocToy province after NuiDat and SASR Sqn ops, but overall a waste of time as MACV was just wasting US troops and cash in an unwinnable strategy
>>propping up another dumb command plan with effective soldiering, the same as granddad did for the poms at Gallipoli
>>
File: images (1).jpg (11 KB, 250x259) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
11 KB, 250x259
How to get Strayans involved in a land war in Asia?

>>Tell them theyre going to Fuck Toy province
>>
>>29390948
th better question would be : was the Vietnam war really that important ?
>>
>>29391990
oh snap
>>
>>29392020

Seconded

I've watched quite a few interviews from this webpage and unanimously whenever ROK troops were mentioned it was always with the highest regard to their tough as nail reputation.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnLkbEOR0MZg1p2S5fNLfKQ/videos?sort=dd&shelf_id=0&view=0

Some of these interviews are very informative and interesting.
>>
>>29390948
They bothered to turn up, unlike most of the major allies of the US
>>
>>29391957
My uncle being conscripted in 1970 means you are a fucking know nothing retard.
>>
>>29390948
Naw they were still recovering from the Emu's
>>
>>29392617
>henever ROK troops were mentioned it was always with the highest regard to their tough as nail reputation.
They didn't get that rep by actually being better at soldiering, they got that rep by torturing and sometimes executing civvies.
>>
>>29392999
Asian fights are always kind of hilarious for the sheer amounts of brutality they heap on each other.
>>
Not really, it doesn't speak poorly of them though. What could they have even done?
>>
>>29390948
I have an inferiority complex towards Australians.
I used to sublimate it into distaste for Australia, but now I'm honest about a vague sadness that I'm not one.

Truth be told, I don't even want to be Australian, I'm just upset I never given the opportunity. I think it stems from them being so close to, yet so culturally distinct from, the rest of the anglosphere. Perhaps because (I feel) they're more likely to 'reject' (banter) UK migrants, unlike the US which might be more accepting of an attempt to integrate.

I'm also jealous of the sort of bantering friendship they have with the kiwis, a bit sad I'm not a kiwi either desu.
>>
They killed gooks
>>
File: 1458782950417.png (435 KB, 1466x998) Image search: [Google]
1458782950417.png
435 KB, 1466x998
>>29392387
>>
>>29390948
Long Tan, you ignorant nigger.
>>
>>29393282
You weren't sent into a combat zone to get a bloody tan you fosters drinking baby eating kangaroo fucker
>>
>>29390948
Alf Stewart still carries the mental scars to this day

"Ya weren't there ya bladdy mongrel"
>>
>>29393117
>I'm also jealous of the sort of bantering friendship they have with the kiwis
What? Nah, when we say they're faggots its because they're legit faggots, Aussies just think we're bantzing about it because they're a nation of gullible inbred bogan cucks.
>>
>>29393349
maybe it's not a big thing, i knew a kiwi and an auzzie and they were best of friends.
then they'd start talking oceania stuff and i'd feel left out :^(
>>
File: 1456281440959.png (28 KB, 421x871) Image search: [Google]
1456281440959.png
28 KB, 421x871
>>29393349
>inbred
We should follow your lead and import some foreigners i guess.
>>
File: F1-sub-machine-gun-gal.jpg (46 KB, 621x358) Image search: [Google]
F1-sub-machine-gun-gal.jpg
46 KB, 621x358
>>29390948
>>29391005

Australia fought a different war in Vietnam. They were a small force and were given a single province to control.

They used techniques and tactics perfected in the Malayan Emergency. They focused on small patrols instead of the US method of jungle fighting.

After the war Westmoreland said, "The Aussies won their war in Phuoc Tuy." They totally annihilated the famed VC D445 battalion to the extent that they never reappeared on the battlefield.
>>
>>29393431
I bet that chart is "homicide rate with firearms"

because the UK's real non-cherrypicked homicide rate is equal with downtown chitcago.
>>
>being so angry at australia that you make a thinly veiled shit flinging thread
>not knowing anything about the subject anyway

america channeling his frustrations about his own country into angry posts
>>
>>29393431
>Spain
>86% non Hispanic
That's a lot of muslims and retired Brits.
>>
>>29393463
It's not. Uk's knife homicide rate is still lower than yours.
>>
>>29393486
import some more niggers and it will be higher.
>>
>>29393463
Do you mean Glasgow, because thats the only place i can imagine it would be higher.
>>
>>29390948
Well that depends on how you define important. Strategically the Aussies were given zones to patrol and so on just like every other country fighting in Vietnam, they had some success tactically (muh long tan) but nothing they did changed the course of the war
>>
>>29393431
>West Virginia
>Almost completely white
>Murder rate is 3.2 points higher than in Swecuckistan that is 10% sand people
I guess /pol/ was wrong again.
>>
>>29393711
They might've done much to change the outcome of the war, but I'm glad Australia stood by us in it anyways.
>>
>>29393711
>nothing they did changed the course of the war
Kinda hard to do that when it is US Command that dictates the overall strategy.
>>
File: image.gif (887 KB, 568x317) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
887 KB, 568x317
>>29390948
Did they do anything in world war 2
>>
>>29393748
Exactly what would Australia have done better than the US in terms of strategy in vietnam?
>>
>>29390948

I don't know why their contribution gets way more recognition than that of South Korea.

Actually, most people I talk to didn't even know South Korea participated in the war.
>>
>>29393789
I heard South Korea fucked shit up in vietnam.

Like borderline WarCrimes when it came to their missions and their effectiveness.
>>
>>29393758
We played our part fighting in africa and the pacific, it's unfair to suggest that we didn't do anything.
>>
File: FW.png (17 KB, 776x220) Image search: [Google]
FW.png
17 KB, 776x220
>>29393805

Not just that. In terms of sheer number of deployments to Vietnam, other nations pale in comparison.
>>
>>29392387
Domino Effect. We were pretty close to Vietnam and we were afraid the red menace was going to storm down SEA and onto our front doorstep. Republicanism was possibility at it's highest, and since big daddy Britain wasn't getting involved we saw it as a opportunity to step out on our own.
>>
>>29390948
Bugger all, long tan was their major contribution.
Outside of that, training and advice for U.S troops from their experiences during the Malayan emergency.
>>
>>29393848
>free world military forces
kek
>>
>>29393805
The ROKs did what had to be fucking done, the ROKs were bad asses
>>
>>29393935

WE'RE THE FREE WORLD, BABY!
>>
>>29390948
Can someone explain that hat to me. Why the corks?
>>
>>29393993
The movement of the corks keeps flies away from your face.
>>
>>29393993
>>29394006
It mostly just a myth thought, there was never actually any large use of cork hats.

You just learn to accept the flys drinking your sweat from all over you and trying to drink from your eyeballs.
>>
The FAL is what made them effective. An M16 with 18 rounds of puny 5.56mm is out matched in the jungle by 20 rounds of 7.62mm.
>>
>>29391990
Man you sound like a respectful person.
>>
>>29395063
>FAL
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.