[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Question /k/ I just bought a berretta model 85 how ever due to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: Chetta_10[1].jpg (33 KB, 758x505) Image search: [Google]
Chetta_10[1].jpg
33 KB, 758x505
Question /k/ I just bought a berretta model 85 how ever due to the narrow slide and strong recoil spring I am having trouble racking the slide any suggestions?
>>
>>29381477

Trade her in for a better gun.

Cock the hammer before trying to rack the slide.

Push forward with your strong hand while pulling back with your weak hand.
>>
>>29381513
I was actually thinking about a bersa thunder (I'm stuck with what ever is on the cali gun roster and I prefer DA/SA) Id like to make this work due to my limited options could I order a weaker recoil spring?
>>
>>29381587

You would be limiting yourself to only shooting low power loads otherwise your gun will beat itself to death. Why not just go 9mm like a proper m8? DA/SA is stupid anyway. Plenty of good striker fire guns on the roster like a CW9, G26, or Shield.
>>
>>29381618
eh... I like having a double strike capability and I'm a poorfag right now
>>
>>29381477
Seriously? I'm genuinely asking. Honestly, it sounds like you're not on the strong side. I'm not poking fun, BTW. Also, if you're having this much trouble racking the slide on a .380acp, you're going to have an even harder time with a 9mm or .40cal. Especially something like a sheild or g26.

My suggestion, do some exercises through out the day to strengthen your grip. seriously, if you don't do this, all that going to happen is, you're going to have a bad time and more than likely end up either not practicing enough toproperly use the pistol, or you're just going to stop carrying all together.
>>
>>29382030
I Have owned a lot of semi autos Rock Islands glocks sigs S&W and berretta I just cant get a grip on this one though there's not a lot to grip on the slide plus the sprig seems a little tight for a .380
>>
>>29382030
I'm thinking I may just have to trade it in I was just hoping some one know a trick to make pistols with small slides easier to rack (my main problem is the safety gets in the way when I try to rack the slide using the grip serrations add in the fact that the slides small and again said spring seems tight I just cant rack the bitch
>>
>>29382270
use the rear sights to rack it. or use the front of the slide were it narrows down to the barrel. remember to use overhand (palm on top of the slide) to rack the slide, it's easier. I use a EAA Witness in 10mm and that's the only way you CAN rack the slide on those things.
>>
>>29381895
Why does a poorfag buy a fancy beretta in a caliber that's more expensive than 9mm?
>>
>>29381477
Harden the fuck up.
>>
>>29381477
do a better job inspecting firearms b4 you buy them
>>
>>29381513
>Push forward with your strong hand while pulling back with your weak hand.
Ive been trying this for 10 minutes on my glock and the slide doesnt budge. Are you sure about this?
>>
>>29381477
You have to break it in. Put it threw 300 to 500 rounds.
>>
File: 1458862300075.gif (446 KB, 300x186) Image search: [Google]
1458862300075.gif
446 KB, 300x186
>>29382588
>>
>>29382757
you sound really weak or completely misunderstanding what he said
>>
>>29382477
This anon knows what's up. It may not be that comfortable but pressing down on the top with the web of your hand against the sights is the easiest way since I have a Browning BDA, which has worse sights and slide controls.

>>29382579
Because they're cheap as fuck at CDI right now and not the usual $700 probably.
>>
>>29382970
that's what I'm hoping
>>29382613
I agree I should have done so but I ordered it online and didn't realize the problem till pick up sadly
>>29382579
good question I bought it when I had money and a job now I have a shitty job
>>29382477
does help my problem is if I'm using it in a self defense situation it seems to be a sluggish way to clear a jam
>>
>>29381477
You're not worthy.

Better to just send it to me.
>>
>>29381477
man the fuck up. stop being a fucking pussy. lift weights, train your grip strength, or trade that piece of shit in for a .22.

/thread cunt.
>>
File: 1267394094640.jpg (21 KB, 522x399) Image search: [Google]
1267394094640.jpg
21 KB, 522x399
>cant handle racking the fucking slide
>da/sa
>cant handle striker fired 5lb(!!!) trigger pull

its all starting to make sense
>>
>>29381477
I had the same problem. Just keep at it and you'll quickly develop the muscles and technique required.
>>
>>29384310
>Because they're cheap as fuck at CDI right now and not the usual $700 probably.

What? Been looking at Cheetahs for a while. What's CDI?

I must know, my 92A1 needs a battle buddy and it keeps giving my Bersa Thunder dirty looks.
>>
>>29386131
CDI is a seller on gun broker. They have at least 20 84s, BBs and BDA. They aren't pretty but they're cheap and likely fine on the inside
>>
>>29381477
It's maybe because you're trying to rack it on DA with the hammer foward. That and you're just not used to it. If you really can't do it, you can always let the hammer down and rack it.

You should still make an effort to be able to do it on DA
>>
>>29382030
>you're going to have an even harder time with a 9mm or .40cal. Especially something like a sheild or g26.

Non-manlet here. Recently bought a full-sized 92FS, and I can say that it does take some effort to rack the bitch. It doesn't require herculean strength, but it's not quite as easy as my rifles.
>>
>>29382757
one hand on slide one hand on frame ya goof
>>
>>29383777
czecht
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.