[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
French Foreign Legion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8
File: maxresdefault.jpg (85 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
85 KB, 1280x720
Tell me about them /k/
>>
No love for the legion?
>>
>>29363285
I'm going next year to apply :)
>>
File: marlboro-soldier.jpg (29 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
marlboro-soldier.jpg
29 KB, 500x334
>>29363408
Why are you doing it?

It's such a life changing decision, I'm just curious.
>>
Learn as much french as you can before you go
>>
Do you think that you could hold your own in prison? The men you will encounter are all representing various levels of the criminal world.
>>
They're a shittier version of the USMC
>Worse funding
>Scummier comrades
>None of the respect
I'm sure they're an incredible fighting force, but just use common sense when entertaining the possibility of joining. Do you really want to serve the government of France?
>>
>>29363758
Seems like they don't give a shit, they're more like mercenaries who want a home.

Some MGSV level shit
>>
Nice clichés you got there, guys.
1. The legion has not been recruiting criminals for a long time now. If you have a criminal record, don't bother, you won't even be able to make through the selection process.

2. The legion has the same equipment and pay than the regular french army (ie shit, but no different)

3. The legion isn't a mercenary corps, it is a branch of the french army under the president's order. At entry, your motivation and will to fight and die for France will be tested. If you don't feel like it at the beginning of boot camp, you sure as hell will at the end.
>>
>>29363285
>serving frogs
Pretty fucking disgusting man. Why can't you join your own country's military?
>>
>>29364620
cause he'd probably be serving jews instead :/
>>
>>29363285

Ugh, that shit looks hot.
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 286x405) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 286x405
>>29363457
Not the guy you asked, but I'm planning on joining once the US military catches onto all the bullshit I lied about to pass the enlistment process. (ADHD, Lyme disease when I was young is all, really. Nothing that actually matters in the real world.)

Anyway, once I get a DD I'll be fucked in this country, so I'm planning on hiking through Europe for a year, or until I can't go any longer, and then hitting up the FFL.
>>
File: French3.jpg (78 KB, 445x667) Image search: [Google]
French3.jpg
78 KB, 445x667
>>29363285
The dudes in that picture aren't FFL though right?
>>
>>29365690
Why not?
>>
File: French 5.jpg (410 KB, 960x600) Image search: [Google]
French 5.jpg
410 KB, 960x600
>>29365706
Looked it up, apparently they are FFL. I was under the impression they were from a different part of something else. Nvm
>>
What about the Spanish Foreign Legion? Any information about them?
>>
>>29366023
They recruit from Hispanic countries IIRC. FFL is really the only true foreign legion
>>
I would only join a foreign legion if Rhodesia made a comeback
>>
>>29366065
So is Puerto Rico capable to enlist?
>>
File: franco.jpg (1014 KB, 1322x1797) Image search: [Google]
franco.jpg
1014 KB, 1322x1797
>>29366490
Spanish foreign legion is shit anyway, even fucking worse than the french. Basically all you get to do is prance about with wide open shirts looking like a faggot, and every spaniard will either think you're a criminal scum, or a nutty francoist.
>>
>>29366490
Any country but France
>>
>>29366526
Ah. So as a Puerto Rican, am I still capable of enlisting. I don't have anything else good to do besides US military due to shitty government. I just want to get out of the country without falling into debt.
>>
>>29363773
>mercenaries who want a home

There are countless "security" companies that they could join, the FFL is an outdated military unit that serves the same function as the UKs Gurkha units.
>>
>>29366065
There's also a Russian foreign legion, though I would assume it is a terrible experience.
>>
>>29366667
>serves the same function as the UKs Gurkha units.

As infantrymen, engineers and signallers?
>>
>>29366689
Read some Russianbros opinion about the RFL (on Reddit I think, some time ago) and they said don't do it. It's an absolute horrible experience where you're pissed on, shat on at every possible opportunity and seen as less than the dirt you walk on.

They said normal Russian military conscription is bad, and foreign legion is 10x worse.
>>
>>29366667

>countless "security" companies that they could join

Like which? If I recall correctly, most PMC's require you to have an extensive military background, preferably in SOF stuff.

How could a guy like me (Reasonably fit and smart, but with no experience whatsoever) find and join a company like that?
>>
>>29366963
No
>>
>>29366975

No what? Please elaborate, I asked because I'm clueless on the subject and was hoping for a more detailed answer.
>>
>>29366991
PMC's are paying people for their training and experience. They don't care about anything else.
>>
File: 519E9A2EGTL._SL1500_.jpg (36 KB, 313x475) Image search: [Google]
519E9A2EGTL._SL1500_.jpg
36 KB, 313x475
>>29363285

Read a book, nigger
>>
>>29367018

>PMC's are paying people for their training and experience.

Ok, so you need to be trained and well-experienced, right? Does that mean that no private company is hiring inexperienced men?
>>
File: GROM_DN-SD-04-01612.jpg (916 KB, 2000x1312) Image search: [Google]
GROM_DN-SD-04-01612.jpg
916 KB, 2000x1312
>>29367096
do you think a tech company will hire you without any knowledge and make you an engineer?
sure they want experience and training
>>
>>29363285
>>29365690
>>29365728

None of these guys are FFL. First in an Alpine Hunter in Afgha, second is an helicopter pilot from 4e RHFS and SF in RCA for third picture.
>>
>>29363285

I worked with a Scottish ex-legionnaire for some months last year.
If you can stand all the cleaning, floor scrubbing, making food for the older Corporals, iron your clothes each day, have lazy eastern europeans get your platoon into trouble on a daily basis, have your Corporal show you the best brothels, to get beaten to a pulp by regular french MP`s when you step inside, make quick bucks by selling your urine to other legionnaires who don`t want to go to jail incase their piss test comes back positive, get crabs, get diseases that has been excticnt in the west, because Recruit Boko-Banana form DRC didn`t get all the shots before he got accepted into basics, shoot average of 200 rounds with your Famas each year....be my guest.

If you hate running, you will hate your life.
>>
>>29366963
Hey I'm the dude you replied to, there are shit tons of fly-by night security outfits in Asia, Latin America, and Africa.

I've met some while in the Army. When I was in Iraq most FOBs had African mercs as gate guards, they got paid $75 a month and spent years in country as part of their contract. I had duty with them a few times, they told me that they got real lucky getting the Iraq job versus working as mercs in Africa.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.