[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Misinformation in Media About Guns
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39
File: csi-miami.jpg (81 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
csi-miami.jpg
81 KB, 640x480
>Tow truck driver driving along, on his way to impound a car from Bubba McMethhead
>Gets in a pile-up, truck rolls
>Police and EMTs flood the scene
>Poor bastard is pulled unconscious and beat up pretty bad from his overturned truck
>Other guy is conscious but has broken limbs
>Special Unit TV Show Is About Supporting Character and Comic Relief Sidekick roll onto scene
>Beat cop gives report
>Poor poor man is gonna be alright, but that was a hell of a wreck mayne
>Yes, quite, poor guy just earning his livelihood
>Nervous sweaty rookie cop runs up
>"S-sir! You better come look at this!"
>Concern rises, what will we find?
>Other cops stand around wreck, looking stern and disapproving
>Supporting Character and Sidekick look into beat-up frame
>A GUN
>IN THE GLOVE BOX
>IN AMERICA
>Owned by a man who regularly is violently assaulted by angry druggies who don't want their shitty rigs impounded and towed away
>THIS CAN ONLY MEAN ONE THING
>This driver...is a criminal
>Supporting Character looks at worried Sidekick
>"Get Lead Character over here"
>Sidekick nods, looks over at unconscious driver on stretcher being loaded into ambulance
>*gulp* What kind of MONSTER are we dealing with?

TV SHOW MAIN CREDITS! CATCHY MUSIC!

What grinds your gears, /k/? What made that one show unwatchable for you?
>>
File: there was attempt.png (26 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
there was attempt.png
26 KB, 500x500
>>
Anything antigun, or excessively retarded

I can chuckle at simple errors, like Walking Dead tier mistakes, but it just goes on and on I cringe too much

>SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
>>
>this gun is unregistered
>tv show set in Montana
>>
File: image.jpg (102 KB, 540x386) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102 KB, 540x386
>>29355476
>it's a "guns kill people" episode
I hate reruns
>>
>>29355515
>Longmire
I liked it but sometimes they did shit like that.
>>
File: dfsaf.png (14 KB, 287x250) Image search: [Google]
dfsaf.png
14 KB, 287x250
>>29355515
I think it's just to give most people the impression that the gun is "illegal" without thoroughly explaining it, saves time I guess.
Still retarded tho
>>
>>29355476
Are you describing the opening to US Marshals? Because if so, it was perfectly accurate since there was a handgun ban in Chicago at the time.
>>
>>29355515
Or virginians needing a license for a firearm.
>>29355523
That show annoyed me a bit. How many murders a year does Wyoming have, 20? 25 at most, and thats pushing it, yet every week there was a new dead person.
>>
File: 1452274566733.gif (3 MB, 658x800) Image search: [Google]
1452274566733.gif
3 MB, 658x800
>>29355476
>Hawaii 5.0
>criminals armed with select fire p90s and M16s
>any show where every corner Street criminal has an "unregistered" deagle brand deagle in his pants or a machine gun
>any show set outside shitcago, commiefornia/LA, or JewYork that catches da murderer because "this gun was registered to you!"
>generic white criminals, because depicting a Mexican or black guy robbing a liquor store is racis
>cocking glocks
>cocking sound every time a gun is touched
>bad CGI muzzle flash overlays

The most recent Sherlock where their perp was a legal gun owner in new York with an "arsenal" who was an alcoholic who wanted to murder all his co-workers in a mass shooting while cosplaying CoD but was foiled by the faggot "superhero" he murdered on the way there. Fuck them, I'm glad the show is being cancelled.
>>
>Female character reveals her guns power level to intensify gung-ho male character's boner
>...does by doing some pants-on-head retarded ninja gun-fu shit or by something stupid and meaningless like racking a slide or putting a magazine in.
>"Ah, I see you are expert in pew-pew because you know stupid Hollywood bullshit! Please surrender booty!"
>>
Bones
>nothing bad happened at Waco, and if anything did it sure wasn't the government's fault
>the government is your friend
>gun shows are a meeting ground for people with illegal guns
>"ex sniper" throwing rifles around like a toy
>the official story of the Kennedy assassination is the only plausible one
>>
>>29355515
>conceal carry an unregistered glock with 100 round drum outside of city limits with no permit
>perfectly legal
>murder rates skyrocket
>>
>>29355850
We don't need a license. Just have to show proof of residency. (Annoying and retarded, yes, but it isn't "registering" anything.)
>>
>>29355476
Actually this is why I don't watch TV.
>>
>>29355523
Isn't Longmire set it Wyoming?
>>
>>29355476
Jokes on you, i cancelled my cable 2 years ago.
>>
File: 1429998430597.jpg (25 KB, 512x397) Image search: [Google]
1429998430597.jpg
25 KB, 512x397
>Watching Die Hard 2
>>THIS IS A GLOCK 7, ITS A 100% CERAMIC GUN THAT CAN GET PAST METAL DETECTORS
>>
>>29356055
That's what you get for watching shitty nu-cop shows nowadays, cuck.

>NYPD Blue master race reporting in
>>
>>29357157
>getting bothered by this
Anon, that's one of the best lines in the whole movie.
>IT COSTS MORE THAN WHAT YOU MAKE IN A MONTH!
>>
>>29357207
Aren't Glock 7s a myth?

That scene just irritated me because otherwise the Die Hard movies usually have some decently accurate gunplay.
>>
>>29357228
They still really new, and to give them credit they gave the perfect "next gen" vibe for firearms
>>
>>29355515
>in Florida
>car has license plate on front
>>
who the fuck sweats? it's 2016.
>>
>>29355671
Is this Loss?
>>
>>29355515

This has become so prevalent that the majority of the population now believes it.

My mom is still convinced that I'm going to get hauled off at any minute for not having a gun license or my registration paperwork in order.

I live in Tennessee.
>>
>>29356859
>>nothing bad happened at Waco, and if anything did it sure wasn't the government's fault
WHAT
>>
>>29356465

>5'4" 90 lb female grrrrrl power cop
>beats the ever loving shit out of a 6'6" 250 lb hardened criminal in a fistfight

>desk jockey side character somehow winds up doing a house breach or other action scene
>has gun handling skills of Jerry Miculek
>perfect headshots at 50 meters on moving targets
>this is treated as completely normal, and not shocking in any way

>"Our jobs would be so much easier if it weren't for that damned due process clause!"

>anyone who invokes their fourth amendment rights ALWAYS winds up being the bad guy

It's all propaganda.
>>
>>29355850
It's storytelling, it's never going to be accurate to real life. Sure, it's unrealistic to think a single Wyoming county would experience that much homicide, but honestly the different/new setting for a crime show and the plot kept me hooked all the way through.
>>
>>29357981

Not him, but I was chilling at a friends house a few years ago blowing some time, and flipped around to one of the generic cop shows, can't remember which one. The bad guys in the episode where bombing post offices, they all spoke with thick Dixie accents despite being set in like Ohio or somehting, they were all pretty much illiterate, they refused to speak to the black detective, and they had photos of the Mt. Carmel Center ("Branch Davidian Compound" to those of you who drank the koolaid) on fire on the wall in the room where they build bombs and converted guns to full auto.

Ever since Waco happened, there has been a long, steady stream of propaganda to try and conflate the Branch Davidians with white supremacists (their congregation was like 40% black or hispanic), radical militia elements (the survivors pretty much unanimously decried the OKC bombing) and cult groups (they were no more "radical" than, say, pentecostals).

Question everything you see on network television. Read the reports yourelf. Source the raw footage and watch it in full. Come to your own conclusions.

CNN, NBC, FOX, ABC are all just trying to sell you a narrative. They're worse than the average amateur hobby blog.
>>
>>29357076
yes
>>
>>29356859
>watching bones
>>
>>29358094
Even in high school when our US history class got to Waco, the book taught it as the ATF being at fault. When the hell did this narrative start?
>>
File: image.jpg (152 KB, 397x553) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
152 KB, 397x553
>Female police officer
>has an MP5
>chambering a round sounds like a shotgun
>shooting the gun also sounds like a shotgun
>>
>Crime/mystery happens on military installaton
>Through convoluted bullshit, civvie law enforcement ends up doing the investigation, or if NCIS, team is made up of undisciplined useless wastes of flesh that have no business serving in a military LEO, actively badmouth the org they work for, or dress sloppily all the time to add "character"
>Every single Marine grunt interviewed is either Mexican or black
>Grunt being interrogated must always have an officer in the corner glaring with hate at civvies
>Grunt must literally stare at his officer/gunny every four fucking seconds to get silent permission to speak
>Grunt always has a 6-word vocabulary and acts like a robot
>Officers always pull civvie heros aside and threaten them with "consequences" if they don't keep their noses out of this
>Officers are always willing to order the team murdered to protect "the brotherhood" or some asinine civvie understanding of military ethics
>Some civvie dumbfuck must always go on a rant about how the military "has no due process" and make it out like insubordinate soldiers are court-martialed and executed on the spot every other week
>One character (usually female) must always have a ditzy, topical, shallow reason for liking Marines/Army/Whatever
>My dad was a vet!
>They're such hunks!
>They get to blow shit up!
>Ditzy character is always blown away by other cynical angry character with cherry-picked and fabricated statistics making all soldiers ever to be ebul rapist psycho killer scum
>Senior officers that are sitting on hard evidence are always blackmailed into selling out the culprit by being reminded of some atrocity they did in 'Nam or Kuwait
>Because EVERY senior officer and base commander to be 'Nam age has secretly raped a baby's corpse right?
>When groups of sailors/Marines are introduced to the characters they are always walking in on them doing something vulgar/violent/childish/drunk, so cynical character can look at ditzy character and imply "I told you they're scum."
>>
File: I Like Sugar And I Like Tea.png (693 KB, 537x538) Image search: [Google]
I Like Sugar And I Like Tea.png
693 KB, 537x538
>>29358151
>>Grunt always has a 6-word vocabulary and acts like a robot

Not that far off.
>>
>Horror movie
>Small town suburbia
>Family needs a gun for protection
>It's a revolver
>Or a hunting rifle

Never an AR or AK.

or

>Watching the Purge
>Night of everyone going all murdery
>Only have a revolver for protection
>>
>>29358181
I want a horror movie where essentially a /k/ommando is the protagonist.
>>
Only game that surprised me with gun shit like OP is describing is LA Noire.
> investigating murder
> go to suspects house
> Gun in his nightstand
> "This isn't relevant to the investigation"
> Put the gun neatly back where it was
>>
>>29358201
>skinwalker: the movie
muh
>>
>>29358105
2000's
>>
>>29358151
>When groups of sailors/Marines are introduced to the characters they are always walking in on them doing something vulgar/violent/childish/drunk

I thought this thread was about inaccuracies
>>
>>29358211
Yes, perfect. It will start with the protagonist already innawoods, camping out for some dumb /k/ challenge or bet with friends, with his SKS/Nugget/Gucci AR by his side, and being stalked by a skinwalker over the course of a few days. Of course, the Anon is too much of a stubborn asshole to give up, so he sticks it out.
In the last 15-25 minutes of the movie, the Anon manages to injure the skinwalker and follows its blood trail to finish it off, before stumbling into its nest, where the dying (presumably) male skinwalker lays, huddled against its female mate and children. Then Anon raises his gun...
End credits.
>>
File: 1450221447460.jpg (525 KB, 806x952) Image search: [Google]
1450221447460.jpg
525 KB, 806x952
>>29358022
>"Our jobs would be so much easier if it weren't for that damned due process clause!"

No matter what happens with guns, nothing triggers me on TV more than this shit. Law and Order especially, all the FUCKING time. It just jumps to "b-but break the law because we know they did it!" bullshit every other fucking episode.

Another dumb one I put on the background guilty of all of this lately is Blacklist

>Character is FBI agent working on puzzles related to case, takes confidential pictures home
>her boyfriend sees them and starts helping, gets killed pursuing it after they get caught
>Investigators come in about it
>"She leaked sensitive information and got someone killed, she is losing her job and going to jail."
>"B-but she's one of our best!"
>"Alright, she can stay but we're watching you!"

NO. NO. FUCK NO. GOD DAMMIT WHY.
>>
>>29358151

> civvie
> civvie
> civvie
> irrational hatred of dumb liberal civvie writers and liberal media bla blah

Please take advantage of mental health resources before you EAS
>>
>>29358285
I thought the protagonist's boyfriend in The Blacklist was a secret agent.
>>
>>29358296
Oh wait I totally fucked up or got autocorrected, I meant Blindspot.
>>
>>29358151

>Air Force bases featured in episode are ALWAYS flying bases
>Same base always ALSO happens to the HQ for a super-secret, unethical, dangerous, experiment that people are horribly maimed for and then dumped like used goods (See X-Files)
>Main character always sneaks into Restricted Area to snoop for evidence, is always caught by one single SF/MP who never radios in for backup, and is always easily fooled with a "look over there" feint and beaten up by le civvie cop agent dude
>Every single soldier with PTSD as part of the plot has the most dramatic, mobile, violent flashback possible and always targets his own family or innocent civvies nearby to hold hostage, because that's what totally happens during a flashback
>Marines will gladly defy command and murder one of their own to hide involvement in a crime OR go to the complete other end and dutifully try to massacre the heroes to keep the crime a secret.
>Secret military projects and experiments are always justified as being okay because "we won't stand a chance against Russia or China if we don't use this!"
>Female hero can always beat up a 6'3" MP through the power of "Somehow military training gives you the reflexes of a sloth and gives you Down Syndrome, and yet we're still somehow not invaded and conquered."
>>
File: highimpact.jpg (63 KB, 476x492) Image search: [Google]
highimpact.jpg
63 KB, 476x492
>>29358279
>female mate and children
>>
>>29358285

Haha, this this this. "Unregistered" guns and this b.s. are what trigger even non-autists
>>
>>29358321
The post-credits teaser scene is the children and 'father' skinwalker in a pile in the corner while the Anon rapes the shit out of the female.
>>
>>29358181
>Watching the Purge
>Don't just go on vacation to Canada

>>29358201
You just wind up with High School of the Dead. Probably with less titties.
>>
>>29358279
>The skinwalker lays dying
>The camera pans to our hero's face who chuckles and says "It was only 9mm"
>>
File: slavs looking at a computer.jpg (23 KB, 273x252) Image search: [Google]
slavs looking at a computer.jpg
23 KB, 273x252
>>29358329
this, but with LIBERATOR in bright red flashing over the entire screen and I think we got a real good social commentary going
>>
File: 1445834845345.jpg (5 KB, 207x249) Image search: [Google]
1445834845345.jpg
5 KB, 207x249
>protagonist and/or other allies rapid firing a handgun
>armed are locked
>>
>>29358201
You're Next gave me that vibe, if only because the protagonist acted somewhat self-sufficient and intelligent and didn't bumble around like a retard.

>>29358211
I'm working on this. Someday soon a skinwalker is getting shot at with a FAL onscreen, I promise.
>>
>>29358516
arms* shit
>>
>>29358201
Not the protagonist, but Tremors.
>>
>>29357981
There was an episode about a kid who survived totallynotwaco killing agents involved. They even had the conspiracy theorist guy "disprove" the evidence that set them on the rampage to lend it credence.
>>
>>29357948
>in TN

pls kill ur mom
>>
File: 1458525407568.jpg (43 KB, 438x439) Image search: [Google]
1458525407568.jpg
43 KB, 438x439
>>29358524
>a skinwalker is getting shot at with a FAL onscreen
i-it's just like my japanese animes!
>>
>>29358338

>"...Probably with less titties."
>Talking about /k/ommados

There will probably be more, just not the kind you like.
>>
>>29358355
Kekd heartily

Old memes are best memes
>>
File: 1429643228327.png (14 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1429643228327.png
14 KB, 800x600
>handgun is unholstered/raised after being unholstered
>[overexaggerated cocking sound intensifies]
>>
>>29358391
kek
>>
>>29358285
I love when the show swings between tolerating the main character's bullshit because "HE'S THE BEST WE HAVE!" and then in the next scene ignoring what the guy says completely because his theory is "too radical"

Like if you have a guy who can solve crimes basically by magic who is so good you just have to tolerate his constant and brazen disregard for the law, shouldn't you listen to what the fuck he's saying?

Looking at you, Elementary.
>>
>Cocking double barrels
>Cocking hammer in the middle of the magazine
>Majority of movie dialog is people working the actions of their guns
>Only reloading when is necessary to furthur the plot
>>
>>29355515
EXACTLY.

Nobody remembers our gun laws on TV. Ever.
>>
>>29355850
It depends on if you count the Rez as part of Wyoming or not. If you DO, murders suddenly look like afternoon pastime, but if you don't Wyoming is outright quiescent.
>>
>>29357076
Right on the border. Supposedly a few miles from where I live.
>>
>cocking a gun with a bullet in the chamber again to make a point
>>
>>29358824
To be fair, that's in the source material.
>>
>>29358824
>and then in the next scene ignoring what the guy says completely because his theory is "too radical"
What if it was one guy with six guns?
>>
>>29356859
Yeah, that episode didn't exactly sit well with me, either.

'Specially since my little sister's going to college not an hour away from the original compound.

God help you if someone mentions Ruby Ridge.
>>
>>29358151
What makes no sense is that NCIS is generally crap, but JAG was so fucking good.

What the fuck, Don Belisario?
>>
>>29358976
>God help you if someone mentions Ruby Ridge.
Which is even worse. There's some room to argue with Waco because the FBI accidentally all the evidence, but Ruby Ridge was a textbook fuckup. The government did literally everything wrong that it could do wrong.

And worse, when the courts finally get at it we find that the reason the government went after this guy who thought the government was going after him was all because a government agent got pissy and set him up.

Literally everything you could do wrong.
>>
>>29357228
>switch from live rounds to blanks
>no blank adapter
>sure, hatchling.
>>
>>29359320
Never shot blanks before so I'm clueless as to how they work, anon
>>
File: thegovernmentdoes.png (244 KB, 500x378) Image search: [Google]
thegovernmentdoes.png
244 KB, 500x378
>>29357948
Kek same with me except Utah. No registry. To be fair she lived in California for 60 years of her life, and she's not the sharpest tool in the shed. She's a sweetheart, but just dumb as a box of rocks, and if course doesn't want to see me or my brothers go to jail.
>>
File: pewpewpew.jpg (12 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
pewpewpew.jpg
12 KB, 275x183
>>29359320
Most annons don't know what a blank adapter is. So Hollywood doesn't need them.
>>
File: bill k's the fuck out.png (4 MB, 1000x4748) Image search: [Google]
bill k's the fuck out.png
4 MB, 1000x4748
>>29358201
>>29358211
It can't have a sequel.
>>
>>29359355
If you don't have a blank adapter on the end of a rifle, hot gasses and bits of gunpowder and carbon can shoot out. If you're close enough to whoever is playing the opfor, you can burn them pretty bad. BFAs just keep that shit from hitting someone.
>>
>>29355476
>person pointing a gun at someone else as a threat
>"c'mon, you're not gonna shoot me with that"
>person with gun racks the slide, putting a round in the chamber without ejecting another one
>"oh, i guess you're serious
They can't be that serious if they didn't have a round in the chamber in the fucking first place
>>
>>29360491
>Be inna TV show
>Guy points a gun at me threateningly
>Nigga, plz, I can see there's no round in the chamber
>Tell he's not going to be able to shoot me
>Racks slide
>Okay, now we're ready to go
>Useless director doesn't edit our prop fail out
>>
>>29360475
Completely wrong. BFAs allow the weapon to cycle when the gas isn't propelling a projectile out of the barrel you absolute idiot
>>
>>29358151
DID YOU ORDER THE CODE RED?!
>>
>>29360547
That's what I learned, nigger. But I forgot about that part too
>>
File: blacktalon.jpg (87 KB, 1004x813) Image search: [Google]
blacktalon.jpg
87 KB, 1004x813
>>29355476

I remember catching an episode of “CSI” years back, where someone had been shot with a Black Talon bullet and in the “how-did-it-happen-scientific-flashback” scene, they had a shot of the hollow point bullet going into the body and expanding and flinging chunks of flesh about and overlaid on top of the clip, they played a sound effect of a circular saw…
>>
>>29358201
No One Lives

It's kind of crappy but in a good way.
>>
>>29360720
I have an instructor who believes whole heartedly that hollow points are illegal. Not only that they're illegal, but illegal because they're armor piercing. I offered to grab some out of my car, recently purchased at walmart. He freaked out and told me I should throw them away before I get arrested. I encounter this quite often, I blame that one damn Sopranos episode that didn't specify it was a Jersey only law.

Getting out of NY soon
>>
>>29358151
>every single Marine grunt interviewed is either Mexican or black
>grunt always has a 6-word vocabulary
Wow that's the most accurate TV show ever
>>
>tfw we'll never have a show like Sledge Hammer again
>>
>>29359320
I don't care about that at all because it was fucking awesome and necessary for the story.
>>
>anything in movies or shows about snipers
>>
>>29355476
It's quite clear to me that the car impounding industry is a cause of crime and must be banned. Tow trucks must be registered and there must be background checks and a waiting period before a purchase.

Tow trucks with snow plough blades attached could be especially dangerous and should be banned from public ownership and increasing number of civil servants must be equipped with them

Plans must be drafted on tow chain length and winch motor wattage and rpm. People who start welding their own winches and chains must have a comprehensive bureaucratic paper audit on their activities.

Ultimately those with sufficient knowledge of tow truck operation who may instruct others in this dangerous technology should be societally isolated and condemned. A good idea would be or schools to expel or publicly humiliate children who draw tow trucks.

That will mean things like this stop happening.

Ban, control, regulate, eliminate. Think of all the government jobs that will be created.
>>
>house of cards
>we need to close the gun show and Internet loophole
>Internet loophole wat?
>show says you can order guns online without any background checks
>>
>>29360893
The news also thinks this, so it has that part down.
>>
>>29360829
Fucking this
>Tier 0 Delta SEAL Marine Recon Snipah
>200 yards away practically hanging out the window of the top story of the highest building in the area being completely fucking obvious
>misses/nonfatal hit
C'mon even the POGest of POGs knows better than that (in the Army at least)
Or
>SNIPAH RIFLE
>9999 yard shot
>view-through-scope shot you can tell if the guy brushed his teeth that morning or not
>dead-on hold
Scopes don't work that way

Then there's the
>every single sniper shot is dead-center in the forehead exactly 1 inch above the eyebrow
>doesn't matter if the target was a gorillion meters away, through a window/wall, or moving
>either the head is entirely intact with no exit wound or the entire body disintegrated like the guy'd swallowed his weight in C4
>>
>>29360893
>>29360893

Well, they're half right. You can ORDER one online with no background check, but you have to have it shipped to an FFL who then does the background check before giving it to you.
>>
>>29360802
>tfw we'll never see detective sledge hammer actually shoot someone.
Netflix or Hulu need to get on that as a miniseries/revival. Maybe Chris Pratt will do it pro bono because he loves funz so they can afford to do it.
>>
>>29360829
I remember a shitty B-grade action movie from the early 90's that had some American SOF (that was also a field-grade officer) fast-rope into some Central American shithole for some reason with a precision rifle. Except he was wearing Air Force Class-A's with jump boots and an 82nd beret while wearing the Corps of Engineers shoulder cord.

That also reminds me. Don't remember what movie it was but someone had Major rank on their collar, Senior Chief shoulder boards, and the Marine Lance Corporal chevron on the sleeve.
>>
>>29355476
any episode of doomsday preppers.
>>
>>29358181
>Watching the Purge
>Only have a revolver for protection
He has a couple of pistols, the Taurus, and the shotgun with the chainsaw grip
>only takes the Taurus
>later on gives the Taurus chambered in .454 Casull to his 10 year old son
>>
>>29360927
They were talking about physically getting a hold of the gun.
>>
>>29360992
he might be using 45 long colt in it
>>
>watch that one movie where fucking China or some shit attacks the whitehouse with helicopters
Something down or some shit? I think Jamie fox or Gerard Butler was in it I don't fucking remember, anyway
>attack helicopters doing runs on white house
>secret service rushes to the roof to attack the choppers with small arms
>see one guy with what looks like a Remington 700 or similar bolt gun
>poorly edited muzzle flash of shooting like five times in a half second
>doesn't work the bolt
>despite magical gun gets shredded by Chopper
>>
>>29358264
That sounds like my 5 years of sea duty. Maybe that show had a technical adviser who actually served.
>>
>>29357948

You live in the 615 area man?
>>
>>29361094
olympus has fallen is the movie, and it was norks.
the small-arms vs choppers thing was weird to me as well.
also, they stole a fucking AC130.
how the fuck could you even do that?
>>
>>29357157
The armorer on that movie was dead set against that line but the movie producers wanted to promote the recent propaganda story that was fed to the Associated Press that Glocks were "plastic pistols" that were completely undetected by metal detectors. I wish I was fucking kidding. I also wish AP news investigated their sources better.

>MFW my mother staunchly believes that Glocks are all plastic despite being provided with ample evidence to the contrary.
>>
>>29357157
>>29361326
Here is a great piece of propaganda from 2013 by the CBC that manages to:
-strongly imply (but not outright state!) that inert solid-plastic training guns can fire real bullets.
-strongly imply (but not outright state!) that plastic guns are untraceable, common, and being mass produced with an easily removable strip of metal to get past metal detectors.
-mention mass shootings and how beleagered gun control advocates are next to every mention of these spooky guns, strongly implying (but not actually stating!) that there is a link.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/plastic-gun-ban-renewed-by-u-s-congress-1.2457519

I not understand how someone could blame an object for someone's actions
I also do not understand how someone could lobby a government that they find oppressive, to remove their own rights.
>>
>>29361326
I remember hearing around that time that there was a knee-jerk reaction by lawmakers to pass a law to make guns have a minimum amount of metal in them. I guess there was a fear that Glocks really were undetectable by metal detectors and Congress and Reagan believed it. I think it's still in effect. They originally wanted to ban Glocks outright.
>>
>>29361585
see above >>29361508
Shit is just absolutely retarded.
>>
>>29358694
>FAL
>Japanese anime
Nah he's not using a mateba
>>
>>29360910
>every single sniper shot is dead-center in the forehead exactly 1 inch above the eyebrow
>doesn't matter if the target was a gorillion meters away, through a window/wall, or moving
>either the head is entirely intact with no exit wound or the entire body disintegrated like the guy'd swallowed his weight in C4

Special effects are expensive, man. People don't get bits of their skull blown off for the same reason people don't break bones or lose limbs very often. It's neat though when they do go the extra mile and there's actual disfigurement/mayhem as a result of massive injury.
>>
File: niggawhoniggawhat.jpg (37 KB, 530x794) Image search: [Google]
niggawhoniggawhat.jpg
37 KB, 530x794
>>29360714
Confirmed never fired blanks. If you fire without a blank adapter the weapon will not cycle
>>
>>29355476
Fucking standoffs.

Like, I have the a gun on someone, and say "Don't move" or whatever,and they point their gun at me...I think I'm pulling the trigger.

But no. Time and time again, we watch Rick and Co. have conversations with guns pointed at each other.

The moment the 2nd guys raises his gun, boom. I simply don't believe a scene that does that, and it's piss poor story telling.
>>
>>29360475
>If you don't have a blank adapter on the end of a rifle, hot gasses and bits of gunpowder and carbon can shoot out. If you're close enough to whoever is playing the opfor, you can burn them pretty bad. BFAs just keep that shit from hitting someone.

Completely false.
>>
>>29358966
Fuck you anon, now I have to watch Boondock Saints again.

inb4 >replying to a 5 hour old post
>>
>>29361088
He still should have spent the weekend in Canada with his family like a reasonable, not murderous human being.
>>
>>29359355
Must semiautomatic or full auto weapons depend on either gas pressure or recoil energy to function properly. A blank generally doesn't generate enough recoil without a bullet to cycle a recoil operated gun, and a gas operated gun depends on the bullet containing the gas for a millisecond or two before it leaves the barrel to feed gas into the cycling system of the gun.

I both cases the solution is a blank adapter which partially blocks the barrel to generate either gas pressure or recoil from contained gas. Most movie short recoil guns are converted to blowback with a very small port in the muzzle to let some gas out. Most gas operated guns are fitted with an unobtrusive blank adapter. The next time you watch gunplay in a movie, look for ridiculously small holes in the gun muzzles. They'll all be blank adapted.
>>
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 480x360
>>29355476
>guy has semi-auto generic handgun
>fires last shot in magazine
>semi-auto keeps clicking like a revolver when empty
FOR FUCK'S SAKE
>>
>>29358966
>>29362416
THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT
>>
>>29362158
How so?
>>
>>29362986

Looking at you, Hans Gruber...
>>
>>29362986
SA/DA/DAO
BITCH
>>
File: bg380.jpg (396 KB, 1296x728) Image search: [Google]
bg380.jpg
396 KB, 1296x728
>>29362986
>yfw slide doesn't lock back due to shitty mag and you're in this situation
anything is possible bruh
>>
>>29362986
>guy has fully automatic whatever gun
>empty
>CLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICK when the trigger is held
Every FA gun is a gatling gun.
>>
>>29357948
I firmly believe that it is done intentionally. Make it seem common place and "common sense" so once liberals freak out about how "common sense gun registries are illegal" the public will become outraged and blame the "damn NRA"
>>
>>29361207
I'm in Clarksville
L...le...let's be bros
>>
>>29355850

Every crime show has 20x the murder rate of the location they're set in though. It would be boring if the lead characters spent real time investigating a couple of homicides for the whole season.
>>
File: mfw rommel.jpg (115 KB, 1458x958) Image search: [Google]
mfw rommel.jpg
115 KB, 1458x958
>>29355515
>"Did you register that new rifle you bought, Anon?"
>Live in Oklahoma
>>
>>29363066
>>29363081
Fair points. And I should've clarified I keep seeing it with 1911s. The two I've had would lock back.
>>
File: 1458639221042.jpg (914 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1458639221042.jpg
914 KB, 1600x900
>Space movie
>Somebody suggests taking a gun in case of enemy astronauts, ayy lmaos, etc
>Nerdy "smart" character gets all condescending
>"Guns don't work in space! IT'S BASIC SCIENCE! UGH!"
>>
>>29363388
When did that happen?
>>
>>29363183

Not him, but I'm in Clarksville as well. Does your name start with an H or an S? Might now you. I've run into a few /k/ommandos over the past few years.
>>
>>29357948
Also in tn 901 area
>>
>>29363447

Contact I believe
>>
>>29361508
>I not understand how someone could blame an object for someone's actions
They're not blaming the gun, they're going "x is needed for y, let's get rid of x" and not realizing it isn't that simple in America.
>I also do not understand how someone could lobby a government that they find oppressive, to remove their own rights.
It's not a right they care about (obviously, since they have no guns and don't like them). If anything that makes it more galling to them, the thinking is like "oh you can do all things you don't need to but you won't protect us by getting rid of these bang bang toys?"
>>
>>29358181
Are those actually common? and if the whole "bullet hose" thing is as exaggerated as /k/ has said before, are they really that much better for home defense?
>>
>>29358279
fund it
>>
>>29358966
That's bullshit, it was an ambush. A whole firing squad. (Boondock Saints is still easily one of my favorite movies)
>>
>>29360777
If you can find a job Delaware has decent gun laws except for cc otherwise look into Pennsylvania
>>
>>29360778
East coast army national guard and various reserve units yes marines are mostly white and hispanic though
>>
>>29358320
>x files line thing
Why would they be investigating the bases without spooky happenings? Have you actually watched the show?
>>
>>29363007
The gasses are pushed through the gas port because the bullet is in the way of the gasses.

Blanks don't have a projectile, so the gasses would take the path of least resistance and exit the barrel without going through the gas port.
>>
>>29361247
Nah hes referring to white house down with channing tatum and jamie foxx. For some reason army blackhawks attempt to drop troops in but they all get rekt and the choppers shot down by small arms.
Then the climax of the movie is 3 raptors about to pgm the whole white house before a girl runs out with the flag and the pilot cans the roll
>>
> One this episode of Cops
>Location : Florida

Gets me every time
>>
>>29358535
Yes
>>
File: Luther.jpg (31 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
Luther.jpg
31 KB, 600x338
>>29357157
>>29361326
>>29361508
>>29361585
In the British crime show Luther, they claimed that the only part of a glock that was metal was the barrel. Everything else including the slide, the firing pin, the springs, the magazine, etc. was plastic. It played a part in the stoy because the killer had shoved the glock into her dog that she shot and then had the dog cremated. He then found the barrel (which was the only thing to survive the cremation proses) in the ash.
>>
> woman kills persons who are raping, kidnapping, or actively trying to kill her
> she has to hide this from her police boyfriend because otherwise he'll think she's a "murderer"
> boyfriend rescues and kills a person who had her bound and was about to execute her
> movie ends with creepy music to convey that now the boyfriend is a psychopath too

That's literally the whole plot of a movie.

Because commiefornia fucking shits can't grasp the concept that self preservation isn't the same as murdering lunatic.
>>
>>29357948
423 reporting in. Can confirm on local stupidity of fudds and wannabe preppers.
>>
>>29358103
>wearing bones
Skeleton confirmed
>>
>>29360475
Reenactor here
You're wrong
Blanks are always dangerous and BFAs constrict to bore to keep the barrel pressure higher for longer to cycle the action
>>
>>29357948
931 here. Fudds and fuddkin are vermin, can confirm.
>>
>>29360777

PA fag here, become one of us
don''t let the liberals take us over.
>>
>>29358151
>Through convoluted bullshit, civvie law enforcement ends up doing the investigation, or if NCIS, team is made up of undisciplined useless wastes of flesh that have no business serving in a military LEO, actively badmouth the org they work for, or dress sloppily all the time to add "character"

What NCIS are you watching? I've watched the entire series and regularly rewatch episodes on Netflix and that doesn't describe the show at all.

>DiNozzo, McGee, David, Bishop, etc
>Useless wastes of flesh
Because every case is solved by Gibbs? What is this
>Military LEO
NCIS is a civilian run organization, it's not military in the slightest and it's not supposed to be.
>Actively badmouth org
Literally when? None of the characters talk shit about NCIS
>Dress sloppily
Doesn't happen, and in a lot of the episodes the quality of DiNozzos/McGee's clothes is a running joke because they're high end (going back to McGee being loaded from book writing)
>One character (usually female) must always have a ditzy, topical, shallow reason for liking Marines/Army/Whatever
Again, this doesn't happen
>cynical character can look at ditzy character and imply "I told you they're scum."
Thrice, doesn't happen in the show.

Yeah I'm mad. Fuck you NCIS is a good show.
>>
>>29366263
>good show
https://youtu.be/1Y2zo0JN2HE
>>
>>29357948
pennsyltucky here. all the maryland, new york, and jersey college grads who moved in to work at my place of employment didn't even know it was legal to own guns at all in their states and were floored when they learned that i own a WASR.
>>
>>29366326
>Citing an episode from ten years ago
>Ignoring the points made in my post
>Implying all shows from the same time didn't portray hacking the same way

Provide an actual counter argument or eat salted cocks.
>>
>>29355476
There is an episode of SVU where they are all in the squad room talking about some guy and they mention he owns a rifle, shotgun and 2 handguns. Benson asks why he needs an arsenal like that, is he trying to start WW3.

Dick wolf and hollywood anti-gun cucks can all get raped.
>>
>>29366263
I'm pretty sure he meant the spinoffs like LA and NO, LA in particular fucking bugs the shit out of me on a lot of levels.
>>
>>29361693
Blue ruin did it pretty well, and it was with a mosin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBFkHd4-skg
>>
>>29366263
No it isnt.
>>
>>29366737
Good argument.
>>
>>29366688
Never watched NO or LA, but they probably suck compared to the original. Seems like that always happens with spin-offs like Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior.
>>
>>29358320
Man you are one platinum mad welfare queen. I don't know what shows you are watching but generally in America it tends towards the "riding muhreen dick cuz protectin' our freedums" side. Your overuse of "civvie" is just icing on the butthurt government employee cake.
>>
>>29360829
>new season of daredevil
>lawyer assistant interviewing Punisher
>"do you know what a marine scout sniper is? Cuz ur lookin' at one"
>GODDAMMIT
>scene continues "our school had a motto...
>no, don't do it not this bulls hit
>"one shot, one kill"
>fucking christ Marvel
>>
>>29361693
Yeah but it always happens in the same movies that have several million invested in Michael Bay-style explosions and CGI special effects, and have realistic (or over-the-top gory) death/dismemberment for everything else.

It's like, c'mon really?
>>
>>29355515
This actually has worked to my benefit. Latest one:

>selling gun collection to buy house
>financier asks where the money came from because money laundering laws post 9/11 whatever, etc.
>tell him I sold guns
>finance guy starts stammering and getting all weird, talking about proof of ownership, etc.
>wut
>tell him no problem, all my guns were registered lol
>he settles down and says oh, fine then.
>never brought up again
>house purchase goes through as planned
>>
>>29355515
Even worse sometimes.
>live in Missouri
>get into very minor fender bender because apparently black people think slow n' roll is A-OK when there's 3 cars in front of you at the stoplight
>cops called because guy hit like 4 cars at 1mph
>carrying, cop notices
>"Is that registered?"
>wha? Registered *where*?
>"With the PD"
>lelno
>GETONTHEGROUNDPUTYOURHANDSWHEREICANSEETHEMDONTMOVEGETONTHEGROUNDSTOPMOVING!!!!!
>what the fuck
Wasn't even a new guy or an out-of-state transfer, legitimately thought guns had to be registered with the state police here, and damn near shot me over a holstered pistol. Worst part was he kept his badge after the formal complaint, which was substantiated via both the county and state police.
>>
>>29363388
I hate when the nerd is a hipster retard in the new space movies. Makes rocket science look gay as hell.

And hes wrong to boot, guns work just fine in space
>>
>>29360381
God damn, I love a good skin walker story
>>
>>29367234
I miss spess movies like The Core where the scientist is this big burly guy who could wreck your doctoral thesis while choking out a bear.
>astronauts have always had to be in good physical shape
>sci-fi movies where they're deep space explorers/first-contact guys/spess-manual-laborers would be even doubly true
>>
>>29367132
Costs. Rigging up a squib takes time and actually increases your insurance costs.

>>29367065
>expecting realism from the Punisher of all people

We're talking about a guy who canonically acquires his weaponry from the criminals he kills but somehow has an endless supply of NFA items and explosives. Granted, I kinda do want to see a What If? where Frank fights his war on crime using nothing but Jennings and Hi-Points while waging another war on progressive hearing loss.
>>
>>29362145
Every fucking time
>>
>>29367281
Astronauts trend towards being lean more than anything. Endurance is more vital than overall physical shape.
>>
>>29367328
Right up until they're having to run mining equipment on an asteroid/moon/uninhabited planet with 1.1-3x normal gravity, or are supposed to be prepared to defend themselves from ayys, or are going off to unknown planets where the climate/gravity could be who-the-fuck-knows.

Which is why I had
>gotta be in generally good shape
>gotta be buff for these very specific sci-fi roles
>>
>>29363811
Must be the only one that does that. Because every space movie I've ever seen goes with bullets=hull breach, hull breach=bad.
>>
>>29367350
Why do I need physical strength for asteroid mining? It'd be highly mechanized and the lack of gravity means that strength requirements would be minuscule.

Initial planetary exploration would also be the domain of robots.
>>
>>29367415
Because in a movie that's boring as fuck.
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 454x309) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 454x309
>>29367204
>Didn't know his own laws
>was about to shoot your ass for carrying legally
Sounds about right
>>
>>29367373
Has there ever been a media setting where causing hull breaches are a method of space warfare? Like you have a team of guys in space suits who intentionally blow holes in the hull to kill the crew?
>>
>>29367458
If you include books, yeah quite a few.

I sorta recall a movie that featured hull breaches killing the crew, but fuck if I can remember what it was.
>>
>>29367484
I don't mean as a side effect or option, I mean a doctrinal thing with dedicated weaponry or units.
>>
>>29363534
same here breh, wanna meet up? ;3
>>
>>29363183
Matt?
>>
>>29367204
where in MO?
>>
File: 600px-TERMSE_SIDEA-22.jpg (42 KB, 600x326) Image search: [Google]
600px-TERMSE_SIDEA-22.jpg
42 KB, 600x326
>>29357249

Also, the generic "these guns are so special that whoever has them is even more special" move.

Can you imagine how, back then, you could get that with a simple pistol? Or, like in Terminator, a laser sight?

After 90's you had to have all kinds of tactical attachments and lasers, weird guns, sights and suppressors became the mainstream things to show when you need to tell the viewer that these guys are special just by looking at their guns.
>>
File: received_10153531930973435.jpg (42 KB, 800x485) Image search: [Google]
received_10153531930973435.jpg
42 KB, 800x485
>>29358279
Isn't this basically predator?
>>
>>29363466
My last name starts with an S
>>
>>29367303
But doesn't the punisher mostly use a pair of mac10s, normal handguns/rifles and sawed off shotguns? I haven't looked at a punisher comic in 10 years so it might have gotten more fucking retarded since then.
>>
>>29358181
>>Watching the Purge
If all laws are suspended, why is only murder committed? Why isn't someone stealing an M1 Abram and knocking a hole in a bank vault?
>>
>>29363388
Perfect side humor for avatar2: pandoran fukkin shits
>on way to liberate dat unobtanium
>massive Terran Empire battle fleet instead of 100 pmcs and some mining equipment
>mining CO bleeding heart faggot
>assumed grunt IQ grunt who is secondary main character
>for some reason getting ayy fukkin shits space parasites off the ship hull or something
>it's THE CURRENT YEAR guns don't work in space guy
>speisss marine gives him a solid 30 second long Clint Eastwood death stare
>without even looking sends a few rounds offhand into some covenant looking thing boring through the hull plating
>"nitrocellulose is self oxidizing. What did they teach you at the fancy college, how to hug trees?"
>liberal tears of impotent rage drown everyone in the audience.
>>
>>29367458
That anime where everyone is in space with power armor and axes and shit has a few good scenes that show the aftermath of hull breaching weapons, but stylized a bit. A few sidescrolling shots of hallways full of floating corpses bleeding from their mouths eyes and ears. Fun stuff.
>>
>>29355671
fuck off

>>29357917
yes it is
>>
>>29368773
Why isn't someone killing the president and congress that allowed such horseshit?

>Look at me
>I'm the president now.
>>
>>29368794
You wouldn't happen to remember what anime this is would you
>>
>>29368918
Because it was retconned that the purge essentially only exists to kill off lower class scum and the people out doing the killings were hired by the government.
>>
>>29355496
>Walking Dead tier
>as though that's forgivable.

They make every single mistake, and invent a few of their own. Their armorer/propmaster is either incompetent, dead from stroke and stress, or imaginary.
>>
>>29367155
Bu...but...WHAT WILL YOU PUT <IN> THE HOUSE?!
>>
File: Hugh.png (272 KB, 359x320) Image search: [Google]
Hugh.png
272 KB, 359x320
>Any scene that has to do with a computer
>>
>>29369208
To quote Cracked(yeah I know)in relation to Live Free or Die Hard, "we're pretty sure if it were possible to blow shit up with computers, 4chan would have done it by now."
>>
>>29368773
Because anyone smart is sitting in their reinforced n33t cave, black hat hacking their way to riches
>2015+1
>banks
>having money
>>
>>29369208
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiqkclCJsZs
>>
>>29358279
Better ending
>anon tracks skinwalker to lair with mate and children
>has only one round left in SKS
>sees injured skinwalker and skinwalker chillins
>lowers rifle like hes gonna spare them
>racks open bolt, round flies out
>hes gonna spare them
>slaps in stripper clip
>slams bolt home
Cut to black
BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM
>>
>>29369061
All the Rich are busy doing coke off strippers tits (as if that isn't standard to begin with) or driving around in land rovers hunting the most dangerous game

The poors are busy with revenge killings and looting walmarts.

The first movie depicted the near rich dealing the purge; can't swing a yearly trip to europe around purge time with those inflated ticket prices so mainly lock down and deal with their neighbors trying to kill them for playing music too loud at night one too many times. The second depicts the poors murderraping each other while rich yuppies run around shooting people.
>>
>>29368773
Fuck that shit, it's national insider trading day!
>>
>>29369109
New guns lol.
>>
>>29366263
>What NCIS are you watching? I've watched the entire series and regularly rewatch episodes on Netflix

Excuse me if I don't consider your opinion worth anything
>>
File: ___.jpg (1 KB, 125x93) Image search: [Google]
___.jpg
1 KB, 125x93
>>29358279
>gets to lair
>beleaguered breathing wounded skinwalker with it's predatory eyes looking at our protagonist with fear for the first time
>sitting on a quasi throne of human and animal bones, rotting meat, and some of kommando Bros recently deceased friends
>raises SKS/FAL and shoots it right in the fucking face
>it's over.jpg
>one of the "corpses" flinches from the rifle report and rolls onto it's side
>it's kommando's waifu, badly wounded but alive
>a....a....anon?
>a...anon pls help
>protagonist has broken look on his face and he takes a half step before
>a...anon plz help
>same inflection, same timbre and volume
>pans up and zooms into his face, eye twitches and his face contorts from hopeful relief to a thousand yard
>movie fades to black
>BANG
>SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>BANG BANG
>SKREEEEEEEEE-BANG ::silence::
>credits roll
>>
>>29369208
I know, right? The aggravating thing about it is everyone fucking uses computers, including everyone involved in the show. And nobody stops and says. "gee, maybe when we show computer use in this scene we shouldn't have it going click click beep boop and scrolling information on the screen like a 1970's mainframe."

For fuck's sake.

Reigning champion in the genre: Hackers with Angelina Jolie. Omfg.
>>
>>29368773
>>29369358
There's some horseshit in the second movie about white collar crime still being illegal, and only 'violent' crime is really allowed for the one night.
>>
>>29369365
>opinion
>not actual facts regarding the show's content
Good job detailing where the points were incorrect.
>>
>>29369422
So, how do they justify every suddenly turning murderous?
>>
>>29369437
Also in the second movie, instead of it being a day to 'let off steam,' it's shown to be Poor People Extermination Day.
>>
>>29369454
I bet whoever wrote that thought he was giving an eloquent political commentary on the evils of capitalism
>>
>>29369475
Somewhat, but with the 'new Founding Fathers' schtick throughout the series, maybe it's trying to be commentary on fascism.
>>
>>29369454
It's still technically "the purge" but it's social commentary on eugenics/institutional racism and classism. The poors are busy looting liquor stores and killing tyrese dat nigga who looked at me crossways last week while the bored Nouveau riche go on safari and hunt homeless people.
>>
>>29368794
Legends of the galactic heroes?
>>
>>29369435
It is really common knowledge the show is a garbage CSI ripoff. This means it is a ripoff of crap. That is two layers of filth.

And yet, you will defend it endlessly, because you are a brainless fanboy.
>>
>>29368774
Thanks you for that anon.
>>
>>29360381
>Clip
>>
>>29369435
Nobody wants to debate you over that shitty show. Get over it.
>>
>Kids picks up revolver chambered in .44 mag
>fires it without experiencing any recoil
>>
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 720x433) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 720x433
>>29369229
They're not wrong
>>
>>29360381
I seriously want this to be a movie. Cabin on the woods came close, but instead of a stoner autist who gets the grrrl we need a kommando autist who gets the waifu

Cabin in the woods rewrite
>roll up to old gas station polesmoker
>Fred character oblivious
>kommando- "to we're gonna get fucking deliverances out here"
>anon ur so paranoid!
>cabin in the woods zombies and psychotropic gas.jpg
>kommando anon goes full Vietnam fukkin shits mode and hunts them down with a combat knife and 1911 he CCs
>doom society guys flip a shit
>roll the wheel. Jpg
>drop moar monsters on the map
>he's gotta run out of ammo sometime
>waifu and kommando survive the onslaught
>find hatch to umbrella Corp HQ
>u must die to save the world bra
>do I look like I'm Sheppard from mass effect, suck my dick BANG
>Eldrich beasts descend on earth
>Americans with ARs in the street kill the shot out of them
>>
>>29366536
>show runs for 10 years so it must be good
>everyone else did it so it's fine
Why provide a counter argument when you're doing a fine job. :^)
>>
Battle los angeles

>"you shoot them a hundred times and they dont die ooh rah"

Heh, sounds like 5.56 allright

>"oh hey if you shoot em in thier hearts they die ooh rah"

Oh. Cool. The "found thier one weakness" shtick. Youd think the FTL posessing bullet proof everywhere but one spot race would have armour over that one spot.

>everyone begins shooting nothing but heart shot after heart shot at varying ranges on moving targets.
>including the female airforce com pog

Okay. No.

Also, they say ooh rah a LOT. That moto shit made that movie so fucking cringey. Nobody in the infantry say oohrah after boot camp in any way except sarcastically.
>>
>>29360475
I'm not going to bother addressing in detail how a BFA functions since that's already been done by others who replied to your post. I'm going to address the safety issue that you brought up.

I wouldn't call myself an expert because it's not something I do professionally, but I've worked as a firearms/tactical consultant and safety officer on movie sets and TV series sets a few times so I know a little of how this stuff is often done in the industry.

You're absolutely correct that blanks can be harmful if fired directly at someone. The closer they are, the worse it'll be. Get close enough and it'll be fatal. There are several ways we mitigate these risks on a film set.

First of all, most guns you see on screen aren't firearms. Most of the time they are just a solid prop with no moving parts, made from rubber, plastic, wood, etc. and painted black. Partly this is to minimize damage to the props. When you watch a movie and the perp is ordered to toss his gun aside, you don't need to cringe, they didn't just fuck up a Sig. It was made of rubber.

Using these inexpensive, solid dummy guns also keeps it safer and more affordable for the budget because you need few, if any, real firearms. Most players with guns in a movie aren't close enough to the camera for you to be able to tell they aren't carrying real firearms. For times when there is a closeup of the firearm or the actor with the firearm, you have the "hero" props. Those are either real firearms (functional or deactivated) or a solid prop that has been carefully painted with good detail work to simulate the look of the real thing. Some of those artists are amazing.

Sometimes these days they use CGI to mimic muzzle flash and smoke and all the guns on set are solid dummy guns and the actors mimic recoil. The hammers can't cock, you can't rack the slides, you can't remove the mags. It looks like shit, as some here have noticed.

Continued...
>>
>>29369996
... continued:

For times when a producer doesn't want his production to be shit you hire a firearms handler, rent guns, buy blanks and all that stuff. Depending on the size of the production you usually have one guy who is the firearms handler, saftety guy, tactical consultant, etc. all combined, maybe he'll have one or two assistants and that's it. For big really productions though, shit like Band of Brothers and all that, you can have multiple tactical advisers teaching the actors how to look like a cop or soldier, an armorer with multiple assistants to handle firearms, multiple reduntant safety experts, even a rep on set for the insurance company.

Just like with gun safety rules, there are overlapping safety precautions on set to help prevent injuries.

First off, the firearms are always stored locked and secured. Or at least they are on a proper set, with insurance, etc.
Only the safety officer/firearms-handler on set has access to the firearms and he is always present on the set, just off camera, anytime one of the firearms is in the hands of an actor. In between takes, the firearms handler takes control of the weapon until they're ready to shoot the next take. During that time he'll reload blanks (if needed), wipe off the visible carbon residue or whatever is needed for the look of the firearm for continuity purposes. Actors are no longer allowed to clown around with the prop guns after a couple of high profile deaths on set back in the 80s.

continued...
>>
>>29358320
>>Air Force bases featured in episode are ALWAYS flying bases
This makes sense as an air force base without air force shit may as well be an army base

>>Same base always ALSO happens to the HQ for a super-secret, unethical, dangerous, experiment that people are horribly maimed for and then dumped like used goods (See X-Files)
Uh, that's the show, retard. You don't watch the X-files and look for inaccuracies and tropes just like you don't watch barney for the information on dinosaur behavior
>>
>>29370040
... continued

Blanks are never loaded into the prop guns unless it's needed for that particular take, then generally never more than necessary for that take.

When shooting blanks, whenever possible, the person shooting and the person being shot at aren't in the same frame. They'll usually do multiple takes of the person shooting, until they get it right, and the person being shot at isn't even present. They might not even film it on the same day when they film the next take of the person being shot at, reacting to the shots or getting hit. Right before or after the movie shot where shooting actually takes place, and the two actors are visible in the same frame, it's usually a non-functional "hero" prop or an unloaded firearm. They use editing and continuity to make it look like the events are sequential. In cases where a reshoot is necessary, sometimes you'll have a take where the guy is shooting, then six months later they film the guy being shot. It's up to continuity experts to make it look seamless.

continued...
>>
>>29370077
... continued

For certain scenes where for cinematographic purposes, the person shooting and the person being shot at HAVE to be in the same frame at the same time, the person shooting doesn't actually aim at the person being shot. They aim off to the side, above, or below the person, but film it from an angle where from your perspective it LOOKS like he's aiming right at the guy, when he's actually aiming two feet to his left, or whatever.

When a semi-auto needs to fire and cycle on camera, a BFA is used. Some firearm models aren't conducive to the use of a BFA in which case the entire firearm needs to be modified in order for it to cycle blanks, in addition to using a BFA to restrict muzzle gasses enough to help it cycle. If you know what to look for you can sometimes see the modifications externally when watching a movie. Depends on the gun. Sometimes a BFA is nothing but a washer with a tiny hole placed between the flash hider and muzzle. Other times the inside of the barrel is tapped and threaded then a hex nut with a tiny hole through it is screwed into the bore as the BFA. It's deep enough you can't see it from the muzzle, but you can sometimes see the internal barrel threading when the gun is pointed at the camera, which may contribute to the occasional myth that rifling is like the threads of a screw. And yes, the barrel is trashed in the process.

This type of consulting work can pay pretty damn well. Once I got my foot in the door I was tempted, but if I did it professionally I'd pretty much have to take jobs that I didn't agree with. Like shit with strong anti-gun themes. As it is I was able to pick and choose what I worked on. Had a little fun, made some money, more than enough to pay for all the props I had to accumulate to do the work, and I really didn't do a ton of different productions but it allowed me to buy an awful lot of guns with someone else paying for it. I've long since sold it all off, but it was fun for a while.
>>
File: 1457754810062.jpg (351 KB, 4320x2332) Image search: [Google]
1457754810062.jpg
351 KB, 4320x2332
>>29370092

Thanks for the insight, anon.

Any famous celebrities you get to work with? C-list, maybe even B or A list? Any of them turn out to not be total shitheads?
>>
>>29370092
Exactly how many autism pills did you take this morning anon?
>>
>>29369892
Shove it. That movie is one of my favorites.
>>
>>29367373
NASA really does hate fire. If it's not in the rockets, it's probably not going on board.
>>
>>29367458
It was main weapon in all of Halo. The MAC gun.
>>
Correct me if I am wrong, because I watched it pre-hazguns, but wasn't Burn Notice pretty good for guns? I cannot remember any overt antigun stuff, gun laws were portrayed accurately, guns were portrayed accurately, and to top it all off, they regularly drop in asides on spycraft, that are usually true. I learned a lot of sneaky shit from that show.

PLUS BRUCE CAMPBELL!
>>
>>29368773
in the original it had that mil, gov, institutions, and people needed to further the existence to the country were off limits.
>>
>>29370366
As far as I can recall, the only time any of the characters ever act stupid with guns is when it's part of their cover.
>>
>>29370366
>Burn Notice pretty good for guns?
it was pretty good. I just didn't like the one arms dealer that had a shipment of P90's coming. Like why would an arms dealer have or want those things?
>>
>>29358824
what is house
>>
>>29367204
It's impossible to fire cops because of union shit.

I'm betting they just keep him on a desk job away from people now.
>>
>>29370366
There was one story arc where they had to rob a storage unit and go through a bunch of shit to get an SVD for an assassination.

I thought that was kind of dumb, being that you can buy M82s over the counter here.
>>
>>29366263

No no no, not JUST NCIS dude. That was specifically for the example of how civilians end up doing a military investigation. In NCIS they are already civvies, and in other shows they other have to have the hero be friends with somebody on the base of in X-Files' case just pull the "FBI can go wherever the fuck they want" fallacy.

Also I don't know if a new season just dropped or something but I was seeing an episode of NCIS and the entire office was full of people in sloppy jeans, Hawaiian shirts, goth/punk garb and sporting incredibly douchebaggy haircuts.
>>
>>29370438
Meme criminals like meme guns.
>>
>>29370149
I worked by word of mouth, no advertising or agent and I'm not Union so I did mostly indy films. I was involved in a few big productions (movies or TV) but only because they happened to be filming near me.

Some actors have reps for being dicks but generally people are polite towards me. I don't know if it's because of the job I had or how I look, but I'm guessing it's because I generally try to be a decent person to everyone until they give me a reason not to. So no one sticks out as being a prick.

Because of indy films most of who I worked with were B actors or people you probably haven't heard of. Here's a few who stick out in my head because of my interactions with them, whom you might have seen or heard of:

Rick Schroeder. Nice guy, new to guns at the time but took to them like a duck to water. I took him shooting (real guns and ammo) on a non-filming day and I think I made a lifetime convert to shooting sports.

Alan Tudyk. He was polite but I got the impression he was burned out with work. He's very active in the industry so apparently he was just exhausted or in a bad patch or something because he seems to be going strong. I did him a small favor, I don't even remember what it was. I didn't talk to him much but he sticks out because of his reaction. He seemed genuinely taken aback that someone would go out of their way to be nice and he didn't even know how to react.

Joe Penny. An underrated B-grade actor who does mostly TV series and movies. Nice guy who genuinely wanted to learn all he could to portray his role as well as possible. Hung out with me a lot to learn gun handling, tactics, etc.

Paul Rodruguez. I never found him funny as a comedian, but he's funny as hell in real life. Self deprecating, always says he only got jobs when they needed a token minority for a part. Safe and followed instructions but didn't strike me as a "gun guy".

Christopher Walken. Impeccable manners. Softspoken and polite to everyone, no matter who they are.
>>
>>29370092
That was really fascinating anon, have a (You)
>>
>>29370194
And because you like it, no one is allowed to point out it's flaws? Oh please.
>>
>>29370092
What did you need? I know some concervatards from Cali in the acting racket, so if I dropped 1-3 grand on blank firing props and ignored my /k/ moral compass how much dick would I have to suck to see my props in the next season of blue bloods or elementary?
>>
>>29370790
>Rick Schroeder
What, the guy who played Little Lord Fauntleroy?
>>
>>29371159
They tend to hire people with military and police backgrounds who can advise on tactics in addition to being the firearms handler for the weapons that you will be renting to them. It's a way of cheaping out on costs, by making you double up on duties.

As for gear, you'll need a lot. The more equipment you have, the more popular you'll be. If they need to outfit a squad from [insert name of conflict here] as well as enemy forces, you'll need a minimum of 2 hero props (ALWAYS have a spare), plus however many blank firing weapons as they'll need in any given shot. You'll also need rubber/inert guns for another half dozen or more guys, however many are in the biggest scene at one time. Plus a massive pile of fake AKs, SKS carbines or whatever for the other side.

If you're working a cop movie they'll likely expect you'll just supply the duty belt, holster, or more, along with the firearm.

It helps if you're trained as a gunsmith to be able to work on the firearms if they malfunction on set. You'll have spares but do you have spares of your spares? If not, you need to be able to fix it.

1-3 grand isn't much to get started. It's barely anything. If you don't have what they need they call someone else.

There used to be a place called Stembridge Gun Rentals that, in operation for something like 70 or 80 years. It was THE place in Hollywood to rent guns and accessories for movies. They went out of business in 1999. They had historical firearms in quantity from just about every historical era you can imagine.

Stembridge also manufactured 1/4 flash, 1/2 flash and full flash blanks so you could tailor how big of a bang and how much muzzle flash you'd get from your blank firing weapons. I got mine from Stembridge. I don't know where most studios or prop guys go these days.

In the end though a lot of it is just a matter of who you know. The right person in a production has to know your name and have your number if you want to work in that arena

>>29371204
Yes
>>
>>29372257
So a shitload of cheap ARs and AKs, a crate of S&W milsurp cop guns, blank firing adapters so no one pulls a "crow", and knowing the right people.

Good advice /k/omrade
>>
>>29369400
10/10 GOTYAY
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.