[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Paintball vs Range?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 480x360
For those of you who do both is it more fun to go to the range/hunt with friends or paintball with friends?
>>
That wrist is so dainty.
>>
>>29351285
It's just a random google image. Didn't even realize it.
>>
I personally like the strategy/planning aspect that comes with paintball a little more although you get a little bit of that with hunting as well. On a scale of fun I'd think it would go
1 - Paintball
2 - Hunting
3 - Range
>>
you don't need friends to target shoot
>>
Do I want to shoot guns and have fun?
Range/Hunting

Do I want a nice workout, a little adrenaline kick, etc.
Paintball

/thread
>>
Paintballing with friends is more fun than just going to the range and shooting targets while standind still.
Hunting however is the most fun for me, the preporation and overall duration makes it way more memorable
>>
>>29352846
What exactly do you hunt? I'm looking to start hunting coyotes because they have a $50 bounty on Em. Any tips?
>>
>>29351278
>TFW legitimately conflicted whether to shoot or airsoft this weekend
>>
>>29353449
reported for being underage
>>
>>29353452
I don't get it, how is he underage
>>
>>29353452
>Owns guns
>Underage

Logical
>>
>>29351278
Both are fun for different reasons.
>>
>>29353452
Airsoft is a cheep way to practice fire team tactics annon. All you need are a group of friends and eye protection. Using strictly paintball isn't always practicle for the area you're in. I do like paintball more though.
>>
>>29353548
Maybe it's where I live but I've always seen Airsoft as the more tactical one. Granted both have their "speed" variations played in tight arenas like a Call of Duty LARP, but I've never seen multi-day, hundred player paintball ops, or historical paintball.
>>
>>29353584
Idk if I'd compare the way the group I play with to a cod game? We mostly practice ambushes and defending/holding areas. It's more fun than aimlessly wandering around shooting each other at least in my opinion.
>>
>>29351323
>>
>>29351278
Everyone knows that airsoft is the best because accurate milsim modelistics and tactics.
>>
>>29352746
I show up and get matched into teams no problem

I'd rather shoot than paintball but I've been paintballing for 4 years and only got into guns in the last few months.
>>
>>29354157
S.A.U.C.E.
>>
>>29353584
> ... I've never seen multi-day, hundred player paintball ops, or historical paintball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5bBKiWMfyg
>>
>>29351278
Shoot at the range because paintball sucks. I don't know how people enjoy shooting at each other with guns that manage to be significantly less accurate than muskets and require you to put a ton of rounds down range that cost as much as .22lr in order to hit someone once even if you're both standing still.
>>
>>29353584
There are definitely elaborate scenario paintball games. I prefer them over regular fields by far. I can see why airsoft is probably better than paintball if you do it often, but i've never been able to get over how easy it would be to cheat and just say you didn't get hit. In paintball at least you have clear evidence that you've lit someone up, and even then there's people that cheat.
>>
Range because big bangs give me boners.
>>
>>29357296
I haven't played paintball nearly as much so I don't know how much people cheat, but I don't think it's that much more in airsoft. People may "think it's a ricochet" if you nick the side of their arm while they're running or something, but usually people who are full-on-nailed will call it.

The fact that airsoft has more, cheaper ammo involved probably helps, since you can hit someone multiple times in very quick succession, which is enough for most people to call before they start bleeding.
>>
File: nothin personality kiddo.webm (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
nothin personality kiddo.webm
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>
Range shooting is boring as shit and I only go when I need a controlled environment to introduce new shooters or for zeroing and load development.

Competitive shooting is way more fun, and more interesting to me coming out of 6ish years of airsoft. Lots of shitty habits to break.
>>
>>29357373
>Not posting best edit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhUlb5nlw-c
>>
Hunting with friends is best.
>>
Airsoft > Paintball
>>
>>29357759
Paintball is starting to get a milsim community now. In a few years the only thing airsoft will have over paintball is the low price.
>>
>>29357851
>In a few years the only thing airsoft will have over paintball is the low price.
Well, and the guns being able to hit the broad side of a barn without having to pay $.33 a round for special paintballs that some fields ban the use of for liability reasons, also not being stuck with xboxhueg 10 round magazines if you want to use those special paintballs..
>>
File: WDZTb2Y.jpg (886 KB, 2298x2607) Image search: [Google]
WDZTb2Y.jpg
886 KB, 2298x2607
we go bbwaring when we don't feel like driving over an hour to the only non autistic range in the area
>pic related
>>
>>29357373
>All those kids turning towards the camera guy in unison
>Dat ragdoll
In all honesty though it looks like there's too much drama in Airsoft for me to do that over paintball.
>>
>>29358860
It's not that bad, shits rare (or at least in my area). If someone's being a dick you call a ref over or just tell everyone around you to overshoot till they get the message.
>>
>>29351278
>is masturbating better than sex?
>>
>>29353432
Depends on where you are, I've heard good things about electronic callers and decoys. From there just pile up the bodies and the other yokes come for a quick n easy snack. Long range ar with night vision seems to be the go to gun
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.