[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>A dump pouch is an absolute necessity. What does /k/ think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 7
File: 2016-03-22-16-42-27.png (167 KB, 434x724) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-22-16-42-27.png
167 KB, 434x724
>A dump pouch is an absolute necessity.

What does /k/ think about this?

Yes/No? Why/Why not?
>>
>>29348641
Agreed. On account of I don't like loosing magazines.
>>
>>29348641

Where else would I put my snacks?
>>
>>29348641
Yes for operating
No for range
Yes for operational training
No for just standing in one spot shooting

Basically all i could use it for would be if i were on the move.
>>
>>29348661
2nd on this. It's pretty good for stuffing snacks in when you're on the go.
>>
>>29348641
only if I'm shooting somewhere without a table, like a field or whatever
>>
>>29348641
>not just stuffing empty and loaded mags in your pockets or in you sweater
>>
Why not just leave empty mags on the ground.
If they're still halfway loaded don't dump them in the first place.
>>
Wouldn't say absolute, but certainly handy as fuck, especially for being inexpensive. There's always a use for a bag somewhere man. Empty mags or hulls, range cleanup,trash, expedient pillow, decent for stuff if you go /out/ etc.
>>
File: N5SPujS.jpg (12 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
N5SPujS.jpg
12 KB, 150x150
>>29348641
>Necessity.

I don't like labeling things in such extremes. A dump pouch served me well in the military though and I would absolutely have one on my kit if I got recalled and deployed for WW3. I find one handy for range use as well.

There isn't much of an argument against them aside from personal taste.
>>
>>29348742
That's what I was thinking. Seems like it makes more sense to focus on shooting, instead of worrying about empty mags.
>>
>>29348751
>Combat pillowcase.

Love it.
>>
>>29348742
Why it have them on you're body where the don't bang into rocks, get caked with mud, filled with sand, stepped on or lost.
>>
>>29348782
If you're in a situation where you need to be shooting at some fucker above all else, mag retention should be the least of your concern.
>>
>>29348763
>>29348742
Again, in a military context, you don't want to be tossing mags on the ground after every firefight. You'll quickly find yourself running out of mags- especially if everybody around you has the same habits. Even people without dump pouches are taught to ditch mags in cargo pockets.

If you end a firefight with a half empty mag, SOP for everybody I've been with is to swap it for a fresh one.

It's not a matter of placing magazine retention above your own safety. If you absolutely have to ditch a mag for a faster reload, then of course you ditch it. Most of the time though, you can spare that extra 0.25 seconds. Really, just don't overthink it.
>>
>>29348796
Fair enough.
>>
>>29348780
Don't tell maxpedition. Unless you want a rollypoly with a Velcro patch for attaching flannel to that costs $45
>>
>>29348820
Actually, a compact inflat-a-bag would make a kick ass pillow.
>>
File: ohhellno.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
ohhellno.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>29348820
things legit son.
>>
>>29348792
Sure, if you're clearing rooms or happen to be on a movie set. Combat troops retain their mags because they don't get a resupply and auto save before the big boss fight. There are different situations than the first one that pops into you're head, each with their own context. Of you stand out in the open magdumping before executing a dynamic pie magflip, then no you don't need to spend $15 on a dump pouch
>>
>>29348860
I need to know what a pie mag flip is.
>>
>>29348869
http://youtu.be/OEEEy1dMceI
>>
>>29348907
Best thing I've ever seen.
>>
File: 1432869236887.gif (1021 KB, 500x184) Image search: [Google]
1432869236887.gif
1021 KB, 500x184
>>29348907
>>
Dump pouches are great for picking up spent brass and shells. I bring one with when I go shooting.
>>
>>29348641

Most people I see buying these often don't practice enough and end up spending too much time during a reload fiddling with it before FINALLY dumping the mag into the pouch.

Unless you really are an operator, dump pouches are often bought by those who believe their gear makes them a better shooter.
>>
>>29348780
Kombat dakimakura when?
>>
>>29348984
You can say the same thing about literally every piece of gear out there.
It's a bag, man. An empty bag you put things into. Don't get all lofty about it.
>>
>>29348984
Wider mouthed ones are easier. Best dump pouch I ever had was a ruck sustainment pouch with the top cut off.
>>
I'll fucking post it again...
The fucking autism on this board....
>Have a drop pouch?
Yes
>do you have enough time to put your mags there?
No
>don't use it

>do you have enough time to use it?
Yes
>use it

>do you have a drop pouch?
No
>fine
>>
They're very handy in a variety of situations.

Dumping mags, policing brass, holding extra equipment you need handy like gloves, twinkies, whatever.

I'm a fan.
>>
File: 1447960487382.jpg (90 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
1447960487382.jpg
90 KB, 600x900
>>29349025
If it's not a poorly MSpainted infograph that overthinks it, nobody is going to listen to you.
>>
>>29349025
Oh, well now that the singular expert on all topics has weighed in, I guess the question is answered forever.
>>
>>29349007

Sure, and practice makes perfect. It's just amusing to see firsthand.

>>29349009

I'd imagine. I never had a use for dump pouches though since our unit SOP forbid them. But I'm sure it would've made life easier.
>>
>>29349084
>I'd imagine. I never had a use for dump pouches though since our unit SOP forbid them. But I'm sure it would've made life easier.

Dumb, I hate to see units that get all into peoples' business about personal gear.

We had great use for them as general purpose pouches too, since we bagged a lot of battlefield evidence off of IEDs and such.
>>
>>29349036

I second this guy. Not sure which type I like more, though. I have the Maxpedition version of OP's pic, where it's just an open bag. I also have a roll-up Condor one with a 'fluff' top I can cinch shut.
>>
>>29349040
MUH DICK
>>
i think it's a bit weird pooping in a sack, but if that's what the operators do I guess i'll try it
>>
>>29348641
i just used my blouse. tucked in the front and dropped empties down into my shirt and blouse. worked great, easy to do.
>>
>>29348641
Ammo dumps are nice so you don't have to waste too much time stuffing empty mags in your pouches...but then think, if you put empty mags back into you pouches then you might end up dead because you slapped an empty mag into your weapon.

Solution? Dump pouch, just throw your empty mags in there because if Mogadishu taught the US Military anything, it's that getting an ammo drop crate of bullets is near useless when you dropped all of your mags on the ground, because up until that point, magazines were tactically considered disposable.

Even if your an extreme minimalist, if your battle belt has magazine pouches, then you should have a dump pouch for spent magazines.
>>
It's a convienient item that I would like to have on my kit, but ammo water and medical obviously come first. I also wouldn't spend $50 on a dump pouch, and it has to roll up. I like the tac tailor fight light.
>>
>>29348641
>A dump pouch is an absolute necessity.

Does anybody remember the logical fallacy where you speak in absolutes or to very specific situations in order to disprove the original point?
>>
>>29350360
>I won't buy a $15 condor pouch that does everything I want it to
>I have standards for a fucking empty bag!
>>
>>29350400
Go back and read it again. That condor is $12. Do you think I'm talking about condor? I'm talking about goddamn hsgi, endom, bfg, or marz charging $45-$50 for an empty bag, and me not wanting to drop that much on something so simple and non essential.
>>
>>29350398
I think this would have been a false dichotomy.
>>
>>29350398
Begging the question?
>>
This is incredible, I never thought a question about a bag could create so much tension.

Never change, /k/
>>
Are you a tactical operator operating tactically in a tactical operation? Then it might be a good idea.
Are you a range fag, like me, who dreams of taking a Saturday off to do three gun but hasn't? Then it's not necessary, but would be nice to have when I'm off the bench.
>>
>>29348653
You're really worried about empty magazines when someone is shooting at you?
>>
>>29350725
As a different anon who has been deployed, yes. Magazine retention is important. You don't retain your magazines at the expense of safety, obviously. But you have a skewed view of combat if you think that it always comes down to retention vs. safety; you can do both. Even without dump pouches, soldiers have long been trained to retain mags in cargo pockets.

Speaking from a military combat perspective, you don't want to be dropped your mags left and right because yes, you will eventually be left without mags. The military isn't going to ship out a hundred new mags to your unit every time you guys get in a firefight.

As for range faggotry, dump pouches make an easy spot for empty mags and assorted rangefag gear.

>>29350531
Seriously. It's basically a big external pocket. If you don't like it, don't use it.
>>
>>29350725
Are you really do dense to understand that there are different situations where a dump would come in useful? You know like being part of a unit and not standing in the middle of the street at noon. Nobody said it was ideal for every situation but within context ACTUAL troops do use them. Are you going to walk around with a bag on you're hip in Case you get mugged at loaf and jug? Probably not
>>
>>29348997
Put Operator-Chan on it and I guarantee the first run'd sell out.
>>
File: 1457930199538.jpg (20 KB, 600x369) Image search: [Google]
1457930199538.jpg
20 KB, 600x369
>>29350725
>real life firefights are split seconds life-or-death decisions at every corner, just like my cowwadutey :^)
>>
>>29350725

Buck Angel please leave.

Youre embarassing yourself again.
>>
>>29350725
You dont have to put it in dump instantly. You can wait until things have quiet down and pick it then.
>>
>>29348837
inflatable pillows for camping already exist, and have for a long time
>>
>>29351921
>implying staying in one place and knowing where they are
>>
Walk over to dead pleb, steal his ammo, dump in dump pouch, leave.

Dump pouches are great for quickly picking shit up. You don't have to find somewhere for it and you can stay alert and ready to fight.
>>
>>29348661
Thirding this, it's general purpose bag you can stuff anything into.

Hell sometimes germans would use tgeir bread bag to hold extra ammo and grenades...you bread just tastes funny later.
>>
>>29350725
I get what you are trying to say, but no ALL firefights are as fast paced as you think, actually, a majority of them aren't really all that fast paced.
>>
>>29348984
I don't know how a fump bag makes you a better shooter...it's juat that I only have the two arms and I'd rather not have my hands full.
>>
>>29349084
I can't why your unit would ban it unless they thought having empty mags in a bag would cause a rattling sound when sneaking around.

One again retarded.

When even officers in the rear saw my machete on my belt they always gave me shit, but god damn did that machete see daily use and my squad mates kept bugging me to borrow it.
>>
>>29350400
Eh, tactical tailor sells a nice foldable compact ammo dump pouch that was fire resistant. Kept it nice and folded tight when not in use and just unbuckled it and used it when needed.
>>
If you have a vest, plate carrier, or battle belt, then having a dump pouch is kind of essential for the given purpose.

If you don't, then it is still handy to have.

Or you can use alternatives that don't work as well for the intended purpose.
>>
>>29348641
Think of all the dildos you could stick in that thing!
>>
I was taught to use the British smock and shirt mag retention trick as a cadet and have a dump pouch on my more 3gun style/used kit.

For training for force on force I like a Dump pouch cause the mags are 55$ each and if their thrown on concrete can bugger up the feed lips.
>>
>>29348641
Thanks for sharing this OP. I was going to buy a dump pouch this week.
>>
>>29350868
When I was in the army we were told to dump the empty mags in our combat vest. Not very comfortable when you have to run and crawl. So a dump pouch might be a clever option especially if you're wearing a vest or chest rig (we only had ALICE-style webbings).
>>
>>29349084
You weren't a grunt, were you? I kept the bazillion fucking 203 rounds, smoke grenades, and batteries in mine. I'd just stick my mags in my cargo pockets because if you're doing a tac reload you're either kneeling behind something or you've got time to stick down there.

Also, good for snacks on field ops.
>>
>>29348984
>you can't buy this bag made of cordura unless your a REAL operator guys otherwise it would literally serve no purpose
I use mine for 12ga shells, it's handy as fuck.
>>
>>29348641
There handy id buy it unless your broke as fuck
>>
>>29354762
This, Ammo dump bags that can open and close with draw strings or a large zipper is great for shot shells or 7.62x54r if you run out of stripper clips or don't like stripper clips and you can just grab a handful at a time and hand load your nugget or scatter gat.
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.