[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tacticool Gloves
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8
File: Mechanix_Gloves.jpg (27 KB, 466x311) Image search: [Google]
Mechanix_Gloves.jpg
27 KB, 466x311
My second pair of mechanix gloves just wore out and I'm looking for some better ones that will last a bit longer, any suggestions?

Also tacticool gloves thread.
>>
File: musto evolution.jpg (40 KB, 560x675) Image search: [Google]
musto evolution.jpg
40 KB, 560x675
+1 for sailing gloves
>>
File: DSC01294.jpg (680 KB, 1000x1784) Image search: [Google]
DSC01294.jpg
680 KB, 1000x1784
gloves are disposable pieces, my ironsights got about 6-8 months of hard use before the thumb and index blew out. still not like 40 bucks every half a year is a lot.

I hear the SKD PIG gloves are pretty durable though
>>
File: 17902.png (216 KB, 380x390) Image search: [Google]
17902.png
216 KB, 380x390
>>29342459
Best gloves I've even owned.
>>
>>29342459

Don't spend a fortune on gloves because they all wear out very quickly in the field.

Just buy a few pairs of cheap nomex and discard them as they shit the bed.
>>
>>29344438
This. There are tons of good cheap worker gloves. No need to pay a tacticool tax.
>>
>>29344458

It's hilarious how some people spend over $100 on Oakley gloves that shit the bed in six months when they could get seven or eight pairs of nomex for that much.
>>
File: 20160215_162614-1-1.jpg (310 KB, 704x626) Image search: [Google]
20160215_162614-1-1.jpg
310 KB, 704x626
>>29344345
I have a set of those SKDs. At first I thought they were pretty shit because they didn't fit right, but I wore them while hanging out on the couch just flexing my hands over and over and it seems they just needed a stretch. They look sharp and work well.
Especially all their color options.

My previous set was a set of Camelbak Vent gloves that lasted a few years under light use.
>>
File: technicalgloves.jpg (22 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
technicalgloves.jpg
22 KB, 500x500
Magpul released these and they're pretty cheap. I ordered some and I'm waiting to try them out
>>
SKD Pig gloves.
>>
File: Best glove.jpg (139 KB, 640x1310) Image search: [Google]
Best glove.jpg
139 KB, 640x1310
>>29342459

A story, and a bit of history.

Hatch HMG 100s. I bought them when I was in the air force. They are amazing, I used them to work near running jet engines, in oily environments, and all over the place in Afghanistan. Took a huge amount of abuse before the finger seams finally ripped. Saves your hands, but gives good tactile sense. Dare i say...great? The Velcro on the wrist is sorta shit, so thats gonna stop working quick. you got two options. Cut it off or fix it with some new Velcro. or a snap button. whatever is handy...little glove humor there. Ive shot with them, and love them like I love Marauder boots, and if those boots had a puss, I would fuck them better than I already have. moving on.

next up

SHOWAAAA mother fucking gloves. Really any brand of not shit "nitrile foam gloves" just make sure they are a snug fit, with a cloth back. Good to go. Good tactile sense, keeps the residue off your hands, and if you are in a pinch and need to do some light industrial work in a warehouse or factory, hey, Bam. Good to go. Grip is fantastic in all weather except liquid nitrogen. dont use these when working in liquid nitrogen.

Greatest thing? These gloves are so fucking cheap. Both of them. "Looks dumb anon" you tell me. Guess what. Old rule. If it looks or seems stupid, but works great, its not stupid.
>>
>>29344797

Agree with this guy:

Showa B0500 gloves
>>
Looking for some good gloves as well. Only problem is its hard to find ones with a good snug fit since I have small bitch hands.

I've been using a pair of small size Mechanix M-pact gloves but they are still a bit large in the finger tips for me. Anyone have any suggestions?
>>
File: Untitled.png (228 KB, 778x1048) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
228 KB, 778x1048
go to home depot and try them on. they work fine. husky used to sell gloves for $10 and they were awesome but now all they have is the stupid fingerless and pad shit.
>>
I just got a pair of Mechanix Utility gloves for 12 bucks. They seemed thin but very good for dexterity. How long should I expect them to last?
>>
>>29347254
For range use? A while. For actual medium duty work like cutting and hauling wood or putting up a fence, I've had a pair wear out in a weekend. I wear dickies gloves now, the velcro goes out in a few weeks but the gloves last and last.
>profit don't let metal shavings get in them
>you can't get them out
>>
>>29344438
I've had my mechanix for a few years and they haven't shit the bed yet I think there worth the $20
>>
>>29347412
Yea just range use for preventing extra lead contamination. Maybe some light gardening work.

I got them because they seemed great for dexterity with just enough protection and also felt breathable.
>>
>>29347459
They're great for dexterity and for 15-20 bucks they're affordable, but any kind of legit labor and they're fucked m8
>>
>>29347480
Right, thanks for the fair warning.
>>
>>29347062
I don't have monster hands and the SKD gloves fit great.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.