[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /k/ use as a small hiking pack/day pack? I'm looking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 9
File: 61nbZMnrUNL._SL1001_.jpg (80 KB, 1001x1001) Image search: [Google]
61nbZMnrUNL._SL1001_.jpg
80 KB, 1001x1001
What does /k/ use as a small hiking pack/day pack? I'm looking for something to hold a few snacks, some water (enough for me and my battle buddy), and a camera and film. I'm looking for something about the size of pic related, maybe a teenth bit larger (but not full blown backpack) and I want two shoulder straps for sure.

So what does /k/ use?
>>
>>29334163
Also, pic of battle buddy.
>>
>>29334163
Just get a basic backpack and leave those for to the store.
>>
>>29334163
>and I want two shoulder straps for sure
You two strappin' brah?

seriously though, if you're carrying a pack no bigger than 20-25L I dont see why you would need two shoulder straps
>>
>>29334163
just get a bigger pack with compression straps and resist the urge to pack it to the brim
>>
Spider Wire sling bag
>>
File: 0230G_detail.jpg (210 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
0230G_detail.jpg
210 KB, 1200x1200
>>29334163
>film
really?

If your carrying that little, there is little reason to go all out. Something like a rollypoly might be what your looking for.
http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/Rollypoly-Folding-Backpack-3p506.htm
>>
File: medium.jpg (36 KB, 441x360) Image search: [Google]
medium.jpg
36 KB, 441x360
GP medium ALICE pack.

BaZinGa!
>>
>>29334638
What benefits does one strap have compared to two?
>>
>>29334816
None that I know of
>>
>>29334638
OP here, I just feel if I had two straps, it would be more secure therefor less adjusting and fiddling with it.
>>
File: 1441359775927.jpg (45 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1441359775927.jpg
45 KB, 640x480
>>29334859
I have a pack that's sort of like the one in the OP but it's probably 30% bigger (by volume). Never had any problems keeping it secure when hiking when you strap it close enough to your body, it feels like you're wearing nothing at all
>>
LL Bean, Kelty make good simple packs of varying sizes
>>
>>29334789
>really?

Damn right!

Do those rollypoly packs have compartments? The more I think about it, it might double as a take-beer-to-the-dog-park pack and it would be nice if it didn't clink around. I think that pack would be perfect but it doesn't say much in the way of compartments.
>>
Lbt titan if you want to put forth the money, but if you want a scaled down and single strap version of the titan, oakley makes one. Pic related
>>
>>29334941
what size is that one in the pic as far as L goes?

I like that size but don't know what to search for.
>>
>>29334163
so any small camelbak like a M.U.L.E or damn near any daypack/hydration pack ever made. Go to walmart or academy and pick up a little outdoor products bag or shop around in craiglist. With that little kit in mind you could even get a away with a tahoe or similar fannyback/bottle/bladder combo
>>
medium assault pack marine surplus works great if you dont overload it. the plastic back is uncomfortable when stuffed full
>>
>>29335035
Oakley Extractor
12L
Has molle webbing on interior and exterior. Serioursly, a smaller lbt titan
>>
Opinions on the 5.11 Rush 12? I like because of the layout and the 1050D construction
>>
osprey daylite

https://www.rei.com/product/846577/osprey-daylite-daypack
>>
>>29335819
It's alright but I bought it in Sandstorm and couple that with it being covered in molle webbing, it doesn't get carried often. I wish I had bought it in black now.

I also picked up the 5.11 covert in Storm Grey and it's pretty nice, especially because it pretty much looks like any old back pack. Check it out. It really doesn't seem much bigger than the Rush 12. Plus I like that it has water bottle pouches on the side which the Rush doesn't have.
>>
>>29336075
Sandstone**
>>
>>29336075
Ill take a look at the covert. And Yeah as much as I love the desert color I would definitely get mine in black for minimal accusations of autism
>>
>>29336134
It's great for hiking and doing shit innawoods and it's cool to have on hand.

I keep the Rush 12 as an emergency bag in my car with a stove, food, first aid kit, and some other emergency tools. The Covert 18 is now my go to EDC bag. I have too many bags but I'm still looking for the perfect one.

Also I'd recommend checking out Mission Workshop. I have a backpack from them that was built for bike messengers. It's a pretty normal looking pack in black but I've had it for about 4 or 5 years now and it's probably the bag I use most. It's been in the pouring rain and kept my laptop and stuff inside dry and it's been beat up and not a stitch has come loose. I really like their bags, I just wish mine had more pockets.
>>
>>29336221
Yeah I'd be using it primarily as a range/innawoods bag
>>
>>29336338
Ahh, in that case it doesn't really matter too much.
>>
>>29336338
By this >>29336361 I mean the Rush 12 should do you fine.
>>
>>29334816
Makes it easier to fish the tampons out of your purse.
>>
File: monosling.jpg (44 KB, 422x793) Image search: [Google]
monosling.jpg
44 KB, 422x793
>>
>>29337411
This is pretty much almost exactly the pack I have. I was able to sew in a little velcro strap inside at the top under where that nylon loop is and I can hang a 3L camelbak bladder in it with room to spare for an IFAK, some oranges, a headlamp, map, poncho/tarp, and plastic bag(s) to ruck out trash

Anything else you can carry in your pockets
>>
>>29334816
None other than making you look like a cringeworthy faggot if you want to look like a cringeworthy faggot
>>
>>29334816
>You can pull it around to your front without taking it off.

>There's just one buckle to release when you have to dump it.

>You look like Sam Fisher/Division Agent

They don't like heavier loads though, keep it 25lb or less.
>>
>>29335819
I have the rush moab 6 and I love it. Works great for me. Has a small pouch on the strap that holds 2 glock 19 mags perfectly. Enough room for some extra water/cliff bars and a few diapers/wipes/toys for my daughter with room to spair. I could even tuck a second pistol in it if I wanted to. I have it in the grey. It's covered in molle but oh well. I like it might. Especially for the $50 I paid for it
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.