[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are /k/ thoughs about PMCs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 480x655) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 480x655
What are /k/ thoughs about PMCs?
>>
File: download.jpg (10 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10 KB, 225x225
>>29329843
You will never be a diamond dog
Feelsbadman.jpg
>>
literally the closest thing in existence to hollywood villains
>>
>>29329899
Actually I would like more the idea of being in Outer Heaven
>>
>>29329950
You gotta get extracted though.
>>
>>29329843
21st century mercenaries. They basically are security firms stateside, only with better toys and typically MUCH better training. Some provide C4ISR and I hope to get in that post college. Others are asset/executive protection.
captcha:select all the images with gang-raped indigenous women.
>>
File: 1450333875714.png (2 MB, 1572x1056) Image search: [Google]
1450333875714.png
2 MB, 1572x1056
>>29330806
Eh, broken spine never killed anybody.
>>
>>29330849
Your pic, what is this meme mean?
>>
>>29329843
Would be nice if they hired people without military experience, because the military won't let me sign up
>>
>>29330849
I thank you for this.
>>
File: lineart.jpg (63 KB, 477x967) Image search: [Google]
lineart.jpg
63 KB, 477x967
>>29329843
Them getting all the cool operational operator action is mostly a myth.
And serving there usually sucks.

Here in comblock it's always a similar story. You weren't too bright or cared for education and got drafted out of a degree. Didn't have much to come back to or couldn't make a living as a civvie. Or maybe just had that mindset of an adrenaline junkie. Those who saw action unwillingly long for it.
You start looking for enforcement type jobs. Most go for guard duty in places of various shittiness. Some end up in crime. Those recently from service are greeted more warmly in the mafia.
Only the last few who are usually demoted/discharged officers, spec-ops, paratroopers with lots of connections might get into these semi-official gatherings of 'not quite soldiers'.
I don't know much about them, other than KGB turns a blind eye to many things they do. But if you get captured or MIA, you're on your own.
>>
>>29331144
go law enforcement and take up personal protection.
>>
>>29330832
Yeah honestly modern mercs are shite, you're a glorified security guard in a fucking warzone, and every civilian fag thinks you're literally hitler. 20th century mercs in africa were pretty based though.
>>
>>29332807
>and every civilian fag thinks you're literally hitler
So...about like mercenaries in the old days. Thankfully, if you could do well enough to get a permanent gig with some Lord you stopped caring what they thought.
>>
>>29329899

Those fucksticks are [spoiler]a diamond dozen[/spoiler]
>>
Preventative maintenance checks and services?
>>
>>29331486
Mostly this. The bulk of grunts in PMCs who do the actual operations are bascically military who couldn't make it in the civilian world, whereas those in upper management and of course, the occasional crisis management team from Cold Harbor , are very marketable, business savvy, and high speed
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.